Ultimategirlgang

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry but a drink to destress or reward you for a hard day is not an alcoholic. You’ve clearly not met one. Alcoholics are addicted. They will do anything from the moment they wake to get their fix. That is not Liv. Part of the cocktail hour is because it’s entertainment. Those glasses are tiny, the amount of alcohol even less because they are mixed usually. Don’t go accusing stressed out mums that they are alcoholics.

Reactions: 18
As a fellow twin mum, I am fully in support of whatever Liv needs to get her through the day. Not only does she have twins, but she has an older child and a baby too - HOW does she cope?! If having a few sips of a delicious G&T at 2pm (or 12pm or 10am) helps her, then that’s marvellous. Those girls are clearly super loved and nurtured, and a bit of hair pulling between siblings is totally normal.
I don't care if she drinks in the day - but why have another baby if twins are THAT hard??

Reactions: 3
I don’t think UGG is an alcoholic but the normalising of alcohol to ‘cope’ isn’t great. There are many, many better, healthier coping strategies.

Reactions: 6
Why not have another baby? All children are hard at some point doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have more!
I was referring to another posters comments to say it must be so hard having twins, toddler and new born so ok to drink

I just don't pity anyone that decides to have 4 kids 😂

alcoholism is a major issue for her demographic, it’s a real worry. It’s not funny and it’s really irresponsible... but advertising around alcohol doesn’t help “gin o’clock etc”. Alcohol as a joke isn’t funny. And it’s worrying when mums say they can’t make it through the day without a drink, or they can’t wait for the kids to get to bed before they have a drink... these women are alcoholics but it’s normalised so they’ve no idea. 😞
I grew up with an alcoholic father. Whilst I’m sure that this comment came from a good place, it is incredibly insulting. It destroyed his & our lives, because whatever good intentions he may have had, when the desire to drink cake over him nothing could stop it. A drink to relax/unwind is not at all the same. Plus, as a recall Liv stopped drinking while she was pregnant with Margot, not easy for an ‘alcoholic’.

Reactions: 10
Come on. Liv is not a alcoholic. Utterly ridiculous

She clearly doesn’t take herself too seriously and has a drink or too.

She’s by far one of the best people on Instagram.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I never said Liv is an alcoholic, I don’t think she is, she does the cocktails for entertainment and she is funny.

i too, have a lot of experience of alcoholics, and it’s bloody awful to live with them, and wouldn’t wish that on anyone, trust me. There’s a big difference in living with a functioning alcoholic rather than when the wheels fall off!

However, i Do stand by my comments But I do appreciate everyone’s POV.

There are a lot of people who don’t realise they are alcoholics and have very unhealthy relationships with alcohol. I’m not saying that’s any of you or liv.
probably due to my experiences I do see red flags when people say they can’t wait to get home and have a drink.

She did an ‘ask me anything‘ last night on her stories, didn’t reveal any new information or anything but has now deleted all evidence? I wonder why? I like her account and love her house and how it’s decorated I wonder where it is!

She did an ‘ask me anything‘ last night on her stories, didn’t reveal any new information or anything but has now deleted all evidence? I wonder why? I like her account and love her house and how it’s decorated I wonder where it is!
she’s somewhere near Oxford I thought ?

Reactions: 1
She is so funny, an absolute joy to watch amongst the phoney/smug people and replies to messages too quite often. I adore her ❤ As someone else said she is effortlessly funny and for someone so privileged actually acts the least privileged amongst all of them on there!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Found her story moaning about the “boring” message she got commenting on how expensive her clothes are and how their husband needed a new job unnecessary. “How rude to assume my husband buys my clothes” vibe.

Sorry, but she’s a SAHM. Before that she worked as a PA for high end luxury shoe brand. Fashion not renowned for its generous pay. Daughter of Fired Earth founder and attendee of v expensive boarding school though....

To get all uppity about the presumption that the husband is making enough household money for her to buy 2 £250 dresses is what’s boring. Maybe his work doesn’t pay for her clothes, so her trust fund (/inheritance/family money equivalent) does. Most of her followers won’t know she comes from serious family wealth and so will assume the working parent brings in the cash.

Ultimately, someone earned £500 for dresses, and as she hasn’t got a paid job, nor has ever indicated that she has previously commanded the sort of salary to have savings to use years after leaving the workplace, it’s unlikely to be her.

It did make me wonder why she bothers on Instagram, as she gets picked up on being wealthy and it must be annoying. Can only come up with 2 reasons:
1. Massive show off and enjoys the online attention
2. The free tit.

She’s not as much of a child flogger as the majority, and manages to be “classy” cos she’s posh and rich and doesn’t NEED to do it in the usual begging way as their livelihood doesn’t depend on it..... but she’s still exchanging an element of the girls’ privacy for free stuff/odd paid ad.

It’s a spectrum, sure. She’s better than the vast majority.... but still does it.

Reactions: 5
alcoholism is a major issue for her demographic, it’s a real worry. It’s not funny and it’s really irresponsible... but advertising around alcohol doesn’t help “gin o’clock etc”. Alcohol as a joke isn’t funny. And it’s worrying when mums say they can’t make it through the day without a drink, or they can’t wait for the kids to get to bed before they have a drink... these women are alcoholics but it’s normalised so they’ve no idea. 😞
Whilst this may be true, I don’t feel that it is fair to put the responsibility on her for other people’s behaviour. If someone has a problem with alcohol and her account triggers them, then maybe they should unfollow her. I can’t see how having one drink during the day is wrong. She shouldn’t have to miss out part of her normal every day on her own instagram account for fear of how people may react. She is not claiming to be anyone’s role model.
If that is the way We need to be thinking, then maybe she shouldn’t mention her kids on there? Some people can’t have children and it might not be good for their mental health to see kids, or she shouldn’t put her beautiful house and garden in there as some people are poor and can’t afford that lifestyle? ... the responsibility possibilities are endless.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Found her story moaning about the “boring” message she got commenting on how expensive her clothes are and how their husband needed a new job unnecessary. “How rude to assume my husband buys my clothes” vibe.

Sorry, but she’s a SAHM. Before that she worked as a PA for high end luxury shoe brand. Fashion not renowned for its generous pay. Daughter of Fired Earth founder and attendee of v expensive boarding school though....

To get all uppity about the presumption that the husband is making enough household money for her to buy 2 £250 dresses is what’s boring. Maybe his work doesn’t pay for her clothes, so her trust fund (/inheritance/family money equivalent) does. Most of her followers won’t know she comes from serious family wealth and so will assume the working parent brings in the cash.

Ultimately, someone earned £500 for dresses, and as she hasn’t got a paid job, nor has ever indicated that she has previously commanded the sort of salary to have savings to use years after leaving the workplace, it’s unlikely to be her.

It did make me wonder why she bothers on Instagram, as she gets picked up on being wealthy and it must be annoying. Can only come up with 2 reasons:
1. Massive show off and enjoys the online attention
2. The free tit.

She’s not as much of a child flogger as the majority, and manages to be “classy” cos she’s posh and rich and doesn’t NEED to do it in the usual begging way as their livelihood doesn’t depend on it..... but she’s still exchanging an element of the girls’ privacy for free stuff/odd paid ad.

It’s a spectrum, sure. She’s better than the vast majority.... but still does it.
But why shouldn’t she be on Instagram? I’m on Instagram. I’m not doing it for paid ads/ free gifts and I’m not a show off either. I’m on there purely because I like the app and I like posting pictures of what interests me. I don’t think people have the right to question how she affords her clothes! People rightly question people like ptwm because she has had money off the public. Liv hasn’t.

Reactions: 13
But why shouldn’t she be on Instagram? I’m on Instagram. I’m not doing it for paid ads/ free gifts and I’m not a show off either. I’m on there purely because I like the app and I like posting pictures of what interests me. I don’t think people have the right to question how she affords her clothes! People rightly question people like ptwm because she has had money off the public. Liv hasn’t.
Exactly, it’s not Liv’s fault that the woman in question wouldn’t spend £250 on a dress. Nor is it any of her business who paid for the dress. I’m pretty sure she gets offered and sent a lot more than we would ever know and I think it’s refreshing To see that she only mentions things she’s either bought herself or genuinely likes.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Exactly, it’s not Liv’s fault that the woman in question wouldn’t spend £250 on a dress. Nor is it any of her business who paid for the dress. I’m pretty sure she gets offered and sent a lot more than we would ever know and I think it’s refreshing To see that she only mentions things she’s either bought herself or genuinely likes.
Definitely. It just jealously from others.
Yes her husband has a well paid job, yes she has inheritance and yes she’s well off. That’s her life and good for her for being grounded and not letting it go to her head like many of these bloggers!

Reactions: 10
Yep!! I personally would spend that much on a dress but I couldn’t afford to 😂
I like her recommendations because like you say, she only does it with things she genuinely likes. She spoke about some children’s Christmas books last year and I bought them and they were so lovely and will be in our collection for years now.

Quality over quantity too, I always prefer to spend more to get something that lasts as liv said. There are enough clothes in landfills to dress the next 6 generations.

• Heart
Agreed. It’s no ones business how much she chooses to spend on clothes and she was clearly and IMO rightly pissed off with this person assuming her husband pays for them. She’s wealthy in her own right it seems - does it matter if that is from inheritance, trust fund, property, savings or an allowance? As she said, she doesn’t use aff links and rarely does ads but people do ask her stuff about what she’s wearing so she answers them honestly. Same as with the drinking, she doesn’t owe anyone anything.

Quality over quantity too, I always prefer to spend more to get something that lasts as liv said. There are enough clothes in landfills to dress the next 6 generations.
Absolutely! The comments and digs I’ve had for buying more expensive things 🙄 One really beautiful well made piece which is gonna last years or 15 crappy cheap things that will end up going to the charity shop in 6 months time? 🤔

• Heart