Ukraine Russia War #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a Conservative MP calling out the lies told by his own front bench ...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
McDonald's temporarily shutting 850 restaurants in Russia
I'm surprised they've done that as it's a franchise must be certain terms that cover the golden arches built into the contracts .

Reactions: 5
Its such a horrendous situation we want to help but we do its ww3 and so many more people will die because of it all we can do is keep giving them the best weapons avaliable and everyone keep donating

Reactions: 7
Its such a horrendous situation we want to help but we do its ww3 and so many more people will die because of it all we can do is keep giving them the best weapons avaliable and everyone keep donating
We just can’t. It would spiral out of control. That won’t help Ukraine at all.

Reactions: 10
sadly I think public support will fizzle out once the true cost of these sanctions take effect .

Reactions: 6

This Youtuber was almost arrested for protesting and managed to run away from 6 policemen - what he says is really brave, I missed the upload of this but I believe he has fundraised enough to leave Russia.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Uh, Oh ... Looks like we are on evil Santa's Naughty List. :rolleyes:

The Kremlin has approved a list of countries who have been “unfriendly” to Russia. They include: Australia, UK, EU countries, Iceland, Canada, Liechtenstein, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, Korea, San Marino, Singapore, USA, Taiwan, Ukraine, Montenegro, Switzerland, Japan.
RE MacDonalds in the UK, the vast majority are franchised so any boycott should really only be applied to company owned ones, same with Starbucks IMO.
The Coca Cola Hellenic Bottling Company in Russia also has a complex ownership and management structure. I’m sure they’re based in Swizerland.

Coca-Cola Europacific Partners operate in the UK. They actually help pay my mortgage 🙈 Still don’t drink it though, I prefer Irn Bru 🤣

I work for the local authority and we’ve banned McDonalds purchases on the company cards. A colleague walked in with a Big Mac meal WITH A COKE today, she wasn’t aware of what’s happening in Ukraine.

• Wow
This is my fear once people realise its gonna hit us a lot more here and putins still carrying on its wlright saying its worth it to support ukraine but if your struggling to feed your kids and your family it will of course make you question it
We don’t have a choice. People will have to use public transport more. As a country, we simply cannot be seen to be doing nothing. The government won’t reverse them either. And I think we aren’t doing enough anyway - we should take more refugees.

The sanctions also make it far less likely that Putin will start invading other countries. No man is an island as the saying goes.

Reactions: 11
This is my fear once people realise its gonna hit us a lot more here and putins still carrying on its wlright saying its worth it to support ukraine but if your struggling to feed your kids and your family it will of course make you question it
I think short term it will be Ok but not sustainable for the average man in the st to keep donating the Gov willl be put upon more as people struggle to keep afloat so bound to have a knock on effect as far as aid goes .

Reactions: 6
Is anybody watching his address to the House of Commons? My heart breaks for him and the people of Ukraine. His country is broken... the stories, everything. He’s begging for help... to a government who are not helping...
I just want to give him a big hug and tell him it’ll be OK and help.
Exactly, the guy doesn't want a round of applause he wants military help.💔

The Coca Cola Hellenic Bottling Company in Russia also has a complex ownership and management structure. I’m sure they’re based in Swizerland.

Coca-Cola Europacific Partners operate in the UK. They actually help pay my mortgage 🙈 Still don’t drink it though, I prefer Irn Bru 🤣

I work for the local authority and we’ve banned McDonalds purchases on the company cards. A colleague walked in with a Big Mac meal WITH A COKE today, she wasn’t aware of what’s happening in Ukraine.
isn't that just going to put more Uk people out of work if people boycott every business that operates in Russia , while there needs to be some retaliation i think cutting off your nose to spite your face won't work it'll just add to the burden at home .

Reactions: 8
My grie
isn't that just going to put more Uk people out of work if people boycott every business that operates in Russia , while there needs to be some retaliation i think cutting off your nose to spite your face won't work it'll just add to the burden at home .
My friend's baby needed some strong antibiotics but the hospital said they haven't got it because of the war, it's having trouble getting certain medication into the UK.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
No one else seems able too sadly i wish they could would make things so much more easier
I honestly don’t think it will make it easier. If any other country gets involved, it’s a World War. No other country will go there. These sorts of things are lessons from history.

Reactions: 13
My friend's baby needed some strong antibiotics but the hospital said they haven't got it because of the war, it's having trouble getting certain medication into the UK.
Ukraine has a strong chemistry and production sector, and they were a lot of important research labs there. I think it’s something to do with the fall of the USSR, as lots of former government scientists went into the private sector. I know one was working on a COVID antiviral.

They’re also an important source of chemicals and other materials, so this’ll have a terrible effect on supply lines and production, and will have a knock-on effect on new drugs being developed.

There’s so many hidden costs to all this

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.