Ukraine Russia War #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Uh, Oh ... Looks like we are on evil Santa's Naughty List. :rolleyes:

The Kremlin has approved a list of countries who have been “unfriendly” to Russia. They include: Australia, UK, EU countries, Iceland, Canada, Liechtenstein, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, Korea, San Marino, Singapore, USA, Taiwan, Ukraine, Montenegro, Switzerland, Japan.
FFS... Russia released nerve agent in Salisbury...now THAT'S unfriendly.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
There’s a whole band of experienced international soldiers from US, Ireland, UK, etc. All gone to fight with the Ukranians with fantastic combat and military prowess. 💪💪Some of these are ex special branch so it’s great to have that against the tyrant Russians.
At the risk of being dim, I thought we were only allowed to send arms, etc to Ukraine, not soldiers to fight on the ground? Or are these ex-millitary people who have gone of their own accord?

Reactions: 8
I don’t really know why but there are lots of people, between 25 and 40 that seem to absolutely lap up the Chinese/Russian anti west propaganda. They are right in saying the west/SU/Nato etc aren’t perfect but idolising China as a response?! I lost two really good friends because of this.
Conspiracy theorists are wonderfully easy to troll. You know at some point they will use the phrase “do your own research”, it’s inevitable in any interaction. So always make sure you get that in first. They do not like that. And if you’re lucky they will then tell you they have done their research and will go to great lengths to point this out. Their source will almost always be some website like Above Top Secret or Infowars. Which allows you to slowly dissect their argument by attacking the source. Which is easy because the source is inevitably bullshit. They REALLY don’t like that. Once provoked they will go full illuminati running the world through mainstream media mode and will inevitably use the phrase “open mind” or some derivative of this. So then deliver the coupe de grace about the difference between an open mind and a positively gaping one. They absolutely HATE that.

You should never feel guilty about winding up a CTer. They are almost to a man individuals with imperfect understanding of a subject, who believe that they and they alone are in possession of some deeper knowledge. And there is nothing more dangerous in life than an idiot who thinks they are clever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
We have a CTer in our extended family- I do try to keep an open mind but I once put some anti bac gel on my hand in front of him and he screamed at me to keep “the poison” away from him and his daughter- I only wanted to eat my greggs sausage roll ffs

• Haha
Reactions: 26
We have a CTer in our extended family- I do try to keep an open mind but I once put some anti bac gel on my hand in front of him and he screamed at me to keep “the poison” away from him and his daughter- I only wanted to eat my greggs sausage roll ffs
In that situation I would ask him specifically what was the name of the poison, who put it there and why. I would bet that despite him being sure it’s there he wouldn’t be able to answer a single one of those questions even remotely coherently. That’s another thing about CTers they always “just know”. And whoever it is who is poisoning the desanitiser always seems to have the objective of getting universally rich and instituting martial law. And always seem desperate to get a microchip into my body somehow. Because we all know the illuminati absolutely need to track me from home to work, home to work, home to work and work to shop.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
At the risk of being dim, I thought we were only allowed to send arms, etc to Ukraine, not soldiers to fight on the ground? Or are these ex-millitary people who have gone of their own accord?
Yes, all ex-military

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Conspiracy theorists are wonderfully easy to troll. You know at some point they will use the phrase “do your own research”, it’s inevitable in any interaction. So always make sure you get that in first. They do not like that. And if you’re lucky they will then tell you they have done their research and will go to great lengths to point this out. Their source will almost always be some website like Above Top Secret or Infowars. Which allows you to slowly dissect their argument by attacking the source. Which is easy because the source is inevitably bullshit. They REALLY don’t like that. Once provoked they will go full illuminati running the world through mainstream media mode and will inevitably use the phrase “open mind” or some derivative of this. So then deliver the coupe de grace about the difference between an open mind and a positively gaping one. They absolutely HATE that.

You should never feel guilty about winding up a CTer. They are almost to a man individuals with imperfect understanding of a subject, who believe that they and they alone are in possession of some deeper knowledge. And there is nothing more dangerous in life than an idiot who thinks they are clever.
Nah… the people I encountered are “sophisticated”. They read Chinese outlets. One of them even speaks Chinese (he wants to go there to finish his phd). They are also comparing things pretty well and compare what the western media publishes about china to what local media publishes. And then they take great pleasure in mocking any and all potential translation or interpretation errors. They also compare big chinese companies like xiaomi to big us companies like apple and use it to mock apple and apple’s prices. Once you start pointing things out like longevity or ethics, they dismiss things as western media hysteria and quote some local chinese source.
when i lived in the uk and corbyn became labour’s leader I said he will absolutely wreck labour. They talked down at me like they were the ones living there not me. Ultimately I was right but chose not to die on that hill. There is a certain type of communist that will do anything to somehow knock the west and pick a country to use as an argument. China happens to be the best one.

Reactions: 11
He should be: Ukraine: Volodymyr Zelensky to address UK MPs in Commons https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60655003

Thank you @undertheivy I am looking forward to listening to the session. I've been backing the speed our government arranged to send various things over for the Ukrainians and the sanctions imposed, however today I've listened to quite a number of issues they are experiencing to come to the UK, all related to the visa system. I think Priti is saying things are arranged, but not everyone agrees. With that holding back the progress, it's leaving the poor refugees and their families frustrated and in despair.

Reactions: 3
Yeah of course they've gone of their own accord, all ex mitary 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Nah… the people I encountered are “sophisticated”. They read Chinese outlets. One of them even speaks Chinese (he wants to go there to finish his phd). They are also comparing things pretty well and compare what the western media publishes about china to what local media publishes. And then they take great pleasure in mocking any and all potential translation or interpretation errors. They also compare big chinese companies like xiaomi to big us companies like apple and use it to mock apple and apple’s prices. Once you start pointing things out like longevity or ethics, they dismiss things as western media hysteria and quote some local chinese source.
when i lived in the uk and corbyn became labour’s leader I said he will absolutely wreck labour. They talked down at me like they were the ones living there not me. Ultimately I was right but chose not to die on that hill. There is a certain type of communist that will do anything to somehow knock the west and pick a country to use as an argument. China happens to be the best one.
The reality is that if Western companies stop producing in China their economy will collapse and they will not be able to feed their people. They can produce cheap tit, but still need someone to buy that tit.

Whilst the powers that be are currently looking at ways to wean Europe of Russian energy I hope they also look at ways to move away from Chinese factories as well. Because their “economic miracle” is based on quicksand.

Reactions: 15
Different rules because they’re not affiliated to the NATO countries or something, plus they’re technically not in the military any more. My husband tried explaining it to me but he went off on a tangent 😂

Reactions: 2
The reality is that if Western companies stop producing in China their economy will collapse and they will not be able to feed their people. They can produce cheap tit, but still need someone to buy that tit.

Whilst the powers that be are currently looking at ways to wean Europe of Russian energy I hope they also look at ways to move away from Chinese factories as well. Because their “economic miracle” is based on quicksand.
Apple was already looking into this. Also few people know but Apple for one subsidises Chinese worker’s wages. Like they pay the factory, that is not owned by them, production is outsourced and they also pay workers directly because they know workers get shafted. now that some of the european countries are in the EU where wages are low etc production could def move there. The issue is the supplies. China bought the mining rights in Australia so huge parts of the world are dependant on trading with China.

Reactions: 7
UK and US announce phasing out of Russian oil. Hopefully EU to follow. Now we are getting somewhere because that will really hurt Russia. Waging war costs money. It is running out.

Reactions: 15
Anyone watching sky news ? The former adviser to putin saying Ukraine is a threat to Russia and just excusing the fact what is happening. Mark is not having it

He is making me ao angry

I also can't wait to see what president zelenskyy is going to say

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
It feels like the covid days waiting for Trump,
But zelenskyy is like,
absolutely nothing, nothing,
NOTHING like home alone star Donald Trump 😐

Reactions: 3
Russia has just just declared Ireland has broken international rules by a guy supplying church candles backed his lorry into the Russian embassy gates yesterday. 🤬
That’s a whole new level of pot calling the kettle black. And invading a sovereign and democratic state, displacing millions of Ukranians and committing mass genocide as well as war crimes isn’t breaking international rules? . Russia go feck yourselves 🤬🤬🤬

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.