Ukraine Russia War #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is really weird but the way the Ukrainian people have behaved makes me want to go and visit Ukraine when the war is over (and they’ve won). They will need so much support to build up their country again and tourism is usually the first thing to suffer but it brings in a lot for countries.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
The thing is, this is Putin’s choosing and the rest of the world is handling the fall out. Yes, it’s going to affect us all and hit our pockets even more but when someone goes rogue like this it’s never going to be an easy solution.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This is really weird but the way the Ukrainian people have behaved makes me want to go and visit Ukraine when the war is over (and they’ve won). They will need so much support to build up their country again and tourism is usually the first thing to suffer but it brings in a lot for countries.
I have been to Ukraine for a football tournament. They have never had a good footballing team, there probably aren't many Ukrainian football players that you can name. But for those few weeks they embraced us wholeheartedly and showed us the best of their country. And I don't just say that because of the situation we are in now but it was one of our best away tournanents. I saw Italy beat England on penalties in Kyiv and just had fun. They are such an open, welcoming country.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Now it gets interesting. The Poles give the US their planes, the US give them to Ukraine. Dancing around the legal niceties of what is legally considered to be NATO not being involved.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
I honestly don’t think it will make it easier. If any other country gets involved, it’s a World War. No other country will go there. These sorts of things are lessons from history.
I was wondering if Russia invaded Finland, do you think other countries intervene with their military or will it be the same as Ukraine?

Reactions: 5
Now it gets interesting. The Poles give the US their planes, the US give them to Ukraine. Dancing around the legal niceties of what is legally considered to be NATO not being involved.
But the US is in NATO, giving them to the Ukraine will be tantamount to giving Putin an excuse to declare NATO is involved and it’s now war… why are we all gagging for WW3, unless someone can explain to me how this isn’t the case and that Putin won’t have a reason to think it is?

Reactions: 13
But the US is in NATO, giving them to the Ukraine will be tantamount to giving Putin an excuse to declare NATO is involved and it’s now war… why are we all gagging for WW3, unless someone can explain to me how this isn’t the case and that Putin won’t have a reason to think it is?
Hes already said giving planes is getting involved the whole no fly zone i think a lot of people dont get it involves shooting down their planes as well (not saying on here but even a lot of family and friends i speak too didnt realise it means shooting down russia ) it dont help with how the media potray all this stuff too

Poland have remained silent when it comes to the jets i always got the impression it was more the US pushing for it and thats why they have not spoken on it yet i dont think there very up for it from what i have read though so we shall see if it happens

Reactions: 6
I’ve been thinking the same thing! I’ve always wanted to visit Russia as well but not now….

Loads of countries have given loads of different weapons to Ukraine already. Nobody’s gagging for war, there’s already one going on.

Basically, duck what Putin thinks. He started it. Ukraine has a right to defend itself.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I've got no idea about the legal definition, I suppose the idea is that it's the US giving planes, not Poland. Not sure that will save Poland from Putin being furious. It sort of feels like we are slipping and sliding towards war, I really hope someone or something can stop it.

Reactions: 11
Zelensky is the hero we have missed in the uk for a long time . I pray he keeps safe and they have a plan for him if all hell breaks loose in Kyiv .

Reactions: 16
Hes already said giving planes is getting involved the whole no fly zone i think a lot of people dont get it involves shooting down their planes as well (not saying on here but even a lot of family and friends i speak too didnt realise it means shooting down russia ) it dont help with how the media potray all this stuff too

Poland have remained silent when it comes to the jets i always got the impression it was more the US pushing for it and thats why they have not spoken on it yet i dont think there very up for it from what i have read though so we shall see if it happens
it's happened. Poland has given the planes to the US, who are passing them to Ukraine.

Might be a silly question but why are Poland not just giving Ukraine these Jets? Why are they having to give them to the USA who are then giving them to Ukraine?
Because the USA thinks that somehow Putin won’t start WW3 with the US and that they won’t nuke the US and that Putin won’t blame Poland

Reactions: 8
Oh good. So a war we can’t afford, and now are being dragged into. Whilst Boris and his government get to hide in nuclear bunkers and bugger the rest of the country…

War makes government look good and distracts from the mess at home. Which won’t matter when Russia nukes us… 🤦‍♀️
Defence costs a lot of money. If you want to be able to do as you wish, go out of your house whenever you want, travel around, know that you & yours are protected, we have to pay for defence.
That's why people here aren't being invaded, torn apart, killed or left maimed in great pain for the rest of their lives. This has happened there, the World must rally round - but not start a War.

Reactions: 15
I was wondering if Russia invaded Finland, do you think other countries intervene with their military or will it be the same as Ukraine?
There have been numerous experts talking about what could happen in such a scenario. My feeling is (and from what I’ve heard today) he bit off more than he could chew with Ukraine. It’s not that likely to repeat itself any time soon.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.