Ukraine Russia War #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Boycotting starbucks, mcdonalds, unilever, mars, papa johns and nestle is pretty easy for me. I just have to not buy nestle's san pellegrino water.
My friend owns a convenience store and she is no longer going to be stocking Coca cola, Pepsi or Nestle products. Hopefully a lot of people out there will be doing similar things.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
my issue is even if they're franchises the money is going back to the parent company for licensing, if you're walking around with a Costa or Starbucks cup its free advertising, also smaller local businesses deserve the business more.

Reactions: 11
My friend owns a convenience store and she is no longer going to be stocking Coca cola, Pepsi or Nestle products. Hopefully a lot of people out there will be doing similar things.
I remember when I was little that going food shopping was like a little political lesson - coundn't have South African apples, because of apartheid, couldn't have nestle because of, well everything. There's a bit in one of the Adrian Mole books about the same thing, so it can't have been unusual, people boycotting stuff - and we weren't well off by any stretch of the imagination, so our choices were limited to start with.

I didn't really think I grew up in a particularly political house, but thinking about it, it all must've seeped in. That and Thatcher making me redundant from my post as milk monitor, which was still the job I've had with most far-reaching power.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Ooooo Diane hun, they've done you dirty there with that freeze frame.

1646749903724.png

• Sick
Reactions: 5
I remember when I was little that going food shopping was like a little political lesson - coundn't have South African apples, because of apartheid, couldn't have nestle because of, well everything. There's a bit in one of the Adrian Mole books about the same thing, so it can't have been unusual, people boycotting stuff - and we weren't well off by any stretch of the imagination, so our choices were limited to start with.

I didn't really think I grew up in a particularly political house, but thinking about it, it all must've seeped in. That and Thatcher making me redundant from my post as milk monitor, which was still the job I've had with most far-reaching power.
Yes, we didn't buy Golden Delicious apples as they were French and were decimating our own apple production.

Reactions: 7
Yes, we didn't buy Golden Delicious apples as they were French and were decimating our own apple production.
oh my god my dad was a nightmare with what apples we could buy. It’s all coming back to me- they don’t say history always repeats itself for nothing do they?!

Reactions: 10
I think it would be easier to list things that you can buy rather than things that you can’t. To me this is important, I don’t want to be sponsoring murderers.

Another thing, apparently pretending to open a humanitarian corridor for civilians to escape and then turn around and kill those people is, and always has been part of the Russian war machine tactics. Apologies if people already knew this. I had no idea that this was the case.

• Sad
Reactions: 9

Two things stand out, getting the replacement planes to Poland, and the tricky bit of getting the Polish planes into Ukraine, without triggering the nato not getting involved bit.

And it absolutely does not suit her…
Bad wig, isn't it? I'm a bit sad that anyone has her speaking anywhere in these days, she's clearly unwell.

Reactions: 9
I think Xi Jinping is just another massive bleep and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. He and Putin are cut from the same cloth. Pair of evil monsters.
Unfortunately, you’re probably right. China has a terrible record of human rights abuses.

Reactions: 12
I think Xi Jinping is just another massive bleep and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. He and Putin are cut from the same cloth. Pair of evil monsters.
Sorry but just had to say I love your username and profile pic 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Since I posted this on Saturday 55,000 rubles has dropped to £312.

The Russian economy is COLLAPSING.
I do feel for the people of russia having to pay for what their goverment is doing all we can hope is it causes them to revolt but with the amount of fear they are under i really dunno if that will happen

Reactions: 14
Since I posted this on Saturday 55,000 rubles has dropped to £312.

The Russian economy is COLLAPSING.
That's why MOEX is still closed, 'taps head' economy can't disintegrate if you don't open. He's accomplished one part of his we're the USSR plan at least, the Russian economy is back to 1980s levels.

Ooft, Rosneft down 40 odd%, shame

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.