Ukraine Russia War #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes hopefully. I think we all want to see green energy and nobody wants to destroy the planet, but the reality is that in the short to medium term we still have a high dependence on hydrocarbons. I just hope that the profits from any newly locally sourced HCs are ploughed into more green technology and energy infrastructure to enable its widespread use.
Wasn't there a report the other day that climate change is pretty much irreversible at this point. I think that was obvious simply because billions of people on the planet are still driving vehicles with a combustion engine, and electric cars are not affordable to most people. People in the wealthier nations enjoy affordable meat, which means factory farming and the such. Then we have many people buying cheap clothes too. Unfortunately, those that suffer far more from climate disaster is the developing nations in Africa, Asia and Latin America.

Reactions: 12
Can anyone recommend the best news channel or YouTube channel for honest upto date reports?

Reactions: 1
Macron appeasing him has been embarrassing to see. Fair play to Boris, even if I don't particularly think he's a good leader, he doesn't seem to have appeased Putin or given him much time of day. Liz Truss, the same.

Reactions: 17

Yel

Macron Hun he ain't that interested in you. It's cringy babes.

The very idea that he thinks he's that important enough to be listened to 😆

Had it not been for the state sanctioned poisoning on UK soil then I'm sure Johnson would be doing the same for his own ego.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Macron appeasing him has been embarrassing to see. Fair play to Boris, even if I don't particularly think he's a good leader, he doesn't seem to have appeased Putin or given him much time of day. Liz Truss, the same.
he couldn’t negotiate cockles and kippers this time last year with Boris so god know how the world ever looked to him to negotiate this with Putin!

Reactions: 9
Macron thinks these talks will change Putin's mind. No, Putin doesn't really give a duck. He's pissed at the west and I don't think anyone can change his mind. He is determined to do what he has to, to achieve what he wants.

Reactions: 16
Quel surprise - that poisonous creature cares nothing for honour and integrity, only money and sycophants. We are really getting an indication of so-called 'stars' and people in the public eye's characters, aren't we?

Have you asked them why, or can you not bear to?!
Bernie, Bernie, have you ever considered that Putin was able to do exactly what you said quickly and without fuss because he would have shot anyone who refused him, and probably their family as well?

Reactions: 8

I don't know if anyone has posted this but this story has made me sick. A surrogate baby being taken back to Ireland look at the ages of the intended parents they look about 55!!! They don't mention once concern for the surrogate mother's welfare or her family. They literally used her as a brood mare then discarded her disgusting entitled people. I hope baby Luke will find out about what they did to his surrogate mother.
I don't think we can sit in judgment of these people when the only part of their life we know are those comments on a news article taken at a time of birth great emotion and stress.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Lavrov says 'the west are not listening' but to be fair, Putin could easily decide not to do what he's done. Why is it so hard for these egotistical people in power to step back, think about their actions and then not go ahead with their ideas. No, there's always some weird power trip.

Reactions: 14
They'll fight to the end. Russia will take them over as a dictatorship & democracy will be forbidden, or they'll win out in the end.

They have lots of help from us all in many different forms.
As soon as Russia takes a step wrong on NATO or EU soil , we can up the ante

Putin to declare martial law in Russia according to the telegraph
What a bleeping mess that nation is . Sad, isn't it? The populace dictated to & told any old tit to control them.

• Sad
Reactions: 11

Four crew members still missing. Important to note that this still doesn't mean Article 5 will be invoked, as tragically events like this do happen during war. NATO will be doing all it can to avoid that, and Estonia would have to invoke it themselves.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

Four crew members still missing. Important to note that this still doesn't mean Article 5 will be invoked, as tragically events like this do happen during war. NATO will be doing all it can to avoid that, and Estonia would have to invoke it themselves.
Estonia isn’t a Nato member. So they can’t invoke anything

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.