Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dynas-tia

I am so so terrified by this war. I am polish, living in Poland, I have a lot of ukrainian friends that live in Pl and in Ukraine.
Poland has already let in over 500 thousands refugees. Regular people like myself, my collegues, friends, and also famous people, celebrities etc are organizing transport, financial funds, help, inviting people into our homes.
I am scared about the losses and damages that are going to happen next days or weeks in Ukraine, I am waking up scared to check the news and messages from my friends. News is getting more violent everyday.
I am also scared that after Ukraine, Russia wil invade my country.
I keep asking myself how can this happen in 2022, in Europe...? This is madness, i really think Putin is insane.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57

kalechips

VIP Member
At the risk of sounding cheesy, I just want to say that this thread has been such a solid place for better understanding what is going on, and seeing your perspectives of this situation from different parts of the world. Everything is so bleak and I feel so incredibly helpless but it's been nice to at least be able to get a better grasp of what's happening, and I really appreciate some of you guys' ability to pepper in some jokes in a way that doesn't take away from the gravity of the situation, but that reminds us why humor is important in such dark times.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm not usually a fan of colouring things in because it doesn't feel like it's actually doing anything. But the Cambridge couple that have visited Ukraine for fertility services who have painted their house in solidarity is nice

ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg

(although I do want to take my weed burner round for the ones touching the bricks and sort out the messy bits of the paintwork 😬)

• Heart
Reactions: 39

AlanBanan

VIP Member
A veteran war correspondent on GB news was asked what if Putin pushed the nuclear button. He said we all die as its not like the atom bomb in WW2, it will spread everywhere. Scary
People like that are there to invoke fear and to keep you doomscrooling and watching the news in fear, there is no nuclear button, there is no chance of him throwing nuclear missiles towards anyone, stop watching and reading material like that.

• Heart

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I was just reading the as a population Ukraine has 2 million more women than men. Somehow that feels like just another impressive statistic that we are learning about these extraordinaryly brave people. And those women too have stayed behind to fight for their country.

Everything will be spring, everything will be victory, everything will be Ukraine.

Screenshot_20220301-215832_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart

ContentCrunch

VIP Member
I’m not afraid to say I’m gettin all of my updates here, not watched a spec of news since Wednesday. My little lad is autistic and has anxiety around “end times” and dark thoughts about natural disasters, apocalypse, the height of the virus was an interesting time for us. His “special interests” are plane crashes and shipwrecks and can quickly become obsessive. We’ve got an “ask and I’ll tell approach to our parenting” and everything has to be facts based for his autistic brain. I’ve not exposed him to any of it but I’m prepared with department for education information for children and young people if he gets a whiff, from his peers.
I’ll add the link below.
Someone else mentioned newsround had good information and explanations earlier in the week too so I’ll prewatch that and maybe share with him.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

under the ivy

VIP Member
Total legend on BBC Breakfast just now. A Ukrainian singer being interviewed and she went ‘Putin fuck you’ 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

Nora Fenn

Chatty Member
Someone just sent me a pic of graffiti somewhere in Belfast, “Putin’s Da sells Avon” 🙈🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

Yel

Chatty Member
Continue here

Everyone is welcome but can I ask that you read the current few pages before contributing so you're not sharing something that's already been discussed or sharing old news.

Please do keep the sources of anything posted - helps so people can figure out if it's legit or not.

If you want to just talk about Pres Z he's got a thread here - https://tattle.life/threads/volodymyr-zelenskyy-president-of-ukraine.27822

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I hate going to sleep of late.

I think of the poor citizens of the Ukraine. Another night of who knows what.

Another round of talks apparently tomorrow but I just think that's more hours wasted. They have to got through another night of hell.
I'm with you there, I think after Covid I'm just so done with this kind of shit. Why should ordinary people have to suffer for the whims of elderly men so far removed from reality and daily life.
We all just want to get on with our lives, live them, spend time with our loved ones and be happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Brunette7

Anyone else check the news and this thread whenever they wake up in the night? Ukrainians are doing so well in holding out, especially when the U.S were saying initially that kyiv would fall by Sunday.

Yel

Chatty Member
Channel 4 has picked up the rights for his TV show and will show episode 1 this Sunday along with a documentary. I know it's on YouTube but it's a bit patchy with the subtitles. I'll wait untill they're all on channel 4s demand thing.

THIS SUNDAY: Channel 4 to broadcast satirical Ukrainian series, Servant of The People and current affairs special, Zelenskyy: The Man Who Took on Putin

• Heart
Ukrainians are amazing. I’m holding onto hope they can keep hold of the capital.
I was very moved by Zelenskyy interview last night,he seemed so tired and nearlybroken. I really hope he makes it through this, as If anything happens to him I think Ukrainians could give up.

how has Roman Abramovich got dual citizenship of Israel and Portugal? Excuse my ignorance but I thought he was Russian ?
if he is selling all assets in UK can he take that money with him ? Or is it sanctioned?
Finally did you see how Google pay and Apple Pay stopped their systems working in russia today ?? It caused mayhem in metro stations ….. no amount of propaganda is gonna get him out of that one, people were so annoyed.
I think Ukrainians would get even more pissed off if the Russians killed their President. They are fired up already to fight for their homeland, imagine if they were fired up for revenge!

The mayor is a world champion boxer; Miss Ukraine has a custom pink rifle; an elderly woman has been confronting soldiers and telling them to put sunflower seeds in their pockets so flowers grow when the soldiers die; men are casually removing bombs from the middle of the road and smoking a cigarette as they do so; people are driving past the convoy with flamethrowers and standing in front of tanks. Farmers in tractors are boldly towing away Russian tanks …Ukranian people are built different 🇺🇦🌻

• Heart
Reactions: 34

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
At the risk of sounding cheesy, I just want to say that this thread has been such a solid place for better understanding what is going on, and seeing your perspectives of this situation from different parts of the world. Everything is so bleak and I feel so incredibly helpless but it's been nice to at least be able to get a better grasp of what's happening, and I really appreciate some of you guys' ability to pepper in some jokes in a way that doesn't take away from the gravity of the situation, but that reminds us why humor is important in such dark times.
I feel like we are fortunate to have this thread and lovely group of people who come and post here, sharing news articles, personal opinions and gallows humour. It is such a bleak time in history but thank God for the internet and the companionship here.

Not bad for a little group of Tattle trolls 😘

"Morale is flagging"

'Acts of vandalism including puncturing vehicle gas tanks"

Oh well. Too bad, so sad.

• Heart

Miscanthus

VIP Member
This is a post from a Tattler on my usual thread (Lydia Millen). She is Russian and gives some insight into what it's like there now. I'm sure she won't mind me posting here.

Part 1

Appreciate you not forgetting me. Tapped on the link by mistake and saw the mentioning💙💙
(In answer to how are things)
I ahhhhh...Well, not well, to put it that way. For a plenty of reasons. What is happening in Ukraine is absolutely terrifying and outrageous and they're so brave, defending their home. I'm constantly writing to my friends in Ukraine, my best friend has a sister there and taking large amount of calming pills any time she can't contact her or we see that bombs are being dropped again. On top of this horror, we're hit with such a killer sanctions, that there will be no my Russia soon. Botoxed fuck (Putin) will lose in Ukraine and then he'll return home and kill ones of us that are still alive by then and not dead of starvation and lack of medicine. Two days ago the World's Cancer Organisation dropped any relations with the country, meaning no chances of surviving for the patients, including little children. The West is blocking social media, because it should stop the fuck somehow, while we're losing the legit sources of information of what's actually going on.
The propaganda here is absolutely crazy. I know you can't really understand, unless you live in it, because it's very historical. Look at the last 100 years in a history of Russia. It's a very short period in reality - 2 world wars, several revolutions, the rise and fall of USSR, Cold War, Stalin with his Gulags, that killed and tortured more people, than fucking Hitler!!!! And all of it was against their own citizens. People were taught time and time again, that horizontal connections shouldn't exist, that you shouldn't trust anyone, because they will betray you and you'll end up in bloody Siberia or killed. So of course some people fall for the 24/7 propaganda about how the West hates us, because they're alive during the Cold War or great repressions. Especially when on tv they're saying that we're freeing our brother's from Nazi. And it's a very painful topic for older generation, so they're hitting all the right spots. All those people are being kept at level of being not just poor, but barely surviving - they haven't seen the world, they don't know any better. They only have horrible experiences from going from one crisis to the next.

As for the protests, you have no idea how scary and dangerous it is here. It's not even about your own life, because you can absolutely be jailed, fined for life or even killed. They will come for your families - your parents will be fired and their lives will be turned into hell. And people are still coming! People are coming with their children and then people are getting arrested with their kids!!!!!!!!

• Sad
  • Heart

PennyPop

Chatty Member
Also, I just heard one of our Paralympians tell GMB that the Russian athletes have been passing messages to the Ukrainians telling them they'll be bombing their homes and their families. Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 33