Ukraine Russia War #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know I just feel like he does and countries let him he will think he can take over any country now
Even though they aren't there's plenty of countries who'd jump at the chance to attack Russia. They're just waiting for that wrong step, which no doubt will come.

Reactions: 6
I’ve read that too but I think him having Sephardic heritage isn’t true - his family were from Ukraine and Belarus, the latter eventually settling in Lithuanian and the former in Russia. There is very little Sephardic roots in Eastern Europe/Russia from what I know.
It just sounds dodgy and he abused the system for his own gain.
100% and the process to prove it is so difficult because of the length of time, lost documents etc. most Sephardim ended up in the USA, south America, north Africa, Iraq, Iran, India or the Netherlands

Reactions: 7
Latest post by Zelenskyy on instagram

'They wanted to destroy us so many times. They failed. We've been through so much! And if someone thinks that, having overcome all this, Ukrainians will be frightened, broken or surrender, he knows nothing about Ukraine. And he has nothing to do in Ukraine. Go home to protect Russian-speaking people. Not all over the world, but in your own country.'

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I would have thought that it would be more environmentally friendly to use oil that is closest to you instead of importing it from a distance
The idea behind that, is that when the rest of the world runs out, you still have a source at home.

Reactions: 12
Can I ask where the expectation comes from that he will hit somewhere else next? I know he’s a greedy cocksucker but is everyone just guessing that he will keep going? I have not seen anything to say how likely it is.

Reactions: 5
Is anyone going to Poland/Ukraine to help, a guy in my local town took a van to Poland & left supplies now heading to Ukraine to get people out 🇺🇦😢

Part of me wants to get on a plane & help in some way… this is so sad just a total feeling of helplessness.
I'm not because I am stuck in hospital. I might had I not been. Our Church is sending both our minibuses with 2 drivers each but otherwise empty artistry from clothes and medicines to link up with Churches in Poland and help move people as needed.

Poland etc shouldn't carry this burden alone, this is a burden we should all carry and support these people.

We should donate to the DEC making sure the money and the aid is available on the ground. Tonight there will be televised tv appeals on all networks telling how best to help.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I really need to stop having the BBC News channel on in the background while I WFH, but I feel I need to keep informed? Does anyone else feel the same?

I've put my phone in another room so I don't Doom Scroll as much but 🙃
me too but I have GBNews on until about 10 - they discuss other things too so not so full on 😘

Reactions: 7
Can someone explain this to me: from my understand there is oil in the North Sea - why don’t we use that instead of relying on Russia? Do we export it as well? If we don’t surely we could improve our GDP but exporting it? Sorry if this is a really dumb set of questions but I’m confused by it all
I thought the gas that was left in the North Sea wasn't easily accessible.

Reactions: 3

Yel

Does anyone else get freaked out everytime sky news trail the Tina turner sky arts weekend? It's got an ominent audio track that sounds like something from terminator 2 judgement day 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Sorry if it's been mentioned before (still catching up with the thread) but there's definitely some shady business going on because Abramovich doesn't have any recorded Sephardi heritage at all: all his Jewish heritage is Ashkenazi. He doesn't qualify for the scheme. I'd be interested to see if there will be an investigation into how he got it.
He bought a £500k house, that's all anyone needs to do for a Portuguese passport. Five years golden visa, then passport given. In this case, nothing to do with his heritage.

Reactions: 9
Can someone explain something to me re the oligarchs? These guys have more money than they could ever spend, they have super yachts, private jets, luxury homes everywhere, multiple citizenships. How affected will they actually be by the sanctions? I know it affects their ability to move money around and make more money but does it genuinely affect them enough that they’d want rid of Putin? The sanctions don’t include seizing assets do they?
All the sanctions are Putin's fault . The Oligarchs only have Putin to blame. They might pull their support for him and want him out .

Can I ask where the expectation comes from that he will hit somewhere else next? I know he’s a greedy cocksucker but is everyone just guessing that he will keep going? I have not seen anything to say how likely it is.
he said he wants to restore the Soviet Union to all its glory about a week ago I think.

Reactions: 14
I thought the gas that was left in the North Sea wasn't easily accessible.
1/2 Great Britain's gas supply is from the North Sea. The bulk of the other 1/2 remaining is supplied to us from Norway , we only use 3% of Russian gas , we can dump that without affecting our gas supply .
Britain and Norway hold by far the largest oil reserves too. That may change in 10 -12 years time but we are also stockpiling both oil and gas as a matter of prudence.
We also have large oil supplies from other areas too

Reactions: 10
He'd like to take other countries, but it's hard to see how he will do that now. Apparently it's costing 15billion a day for Russia to invade Ukraine, now they've been crippled financially, how will he finance further war.
Had there been no sanctions, no Boris in trouble, no charismatic media savvy Zelenskiy, hmmm

Reactions: 13
Watching sky seeing the children carrying their cuddly toys getting off the train in poland just got to me 🥲🥲

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Latest post by Zelenskyy on instagram

'They wanted to destroy us so many times. They failed. We've been through so much! And if someone thinks that, having overcome all this, Ukrainians will be frightened, broken or surrender, he knows nothing about Ukraine. And he has nothing to do in Ukraine. Go home to protect Russian-speaking people. Not all over the world, but in your own country.'
Yes, go home like good little boys.

Go home to protect Russian-speaking people. Not all over the world, but in your own country.'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.