Ukraine Russia War #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
True but with the Israel, BLM etc she was constantly posting, always going on shows to talk about it but she’s done a post or two and that’s it. Just compared to her other output in regards to other conflicts she’s been quiet.
Israel is a very old conflict.
BLM was going down in the US.
This has been happening for a week and she already posted about it. So I don’t think her track record on this is that bad.
We also have to remember that her and Ilhan Omar are in congress. You don’t see UK MP’s or any other country’s MP’s taking huge roles. You see the relevant ministers and secretaries doing their job.

Public figures staying quiet is an entirely different thing though. Especially Emma Watson with her ties to the UN. She isn’t active on social media but she could have released a statement. Not sure why her publicist is sleeping on this:

Reactions: 6
I think the big decisions countries need to make now is what they're going to do when they take over
Going to have to defend those borders to Ukraine massively. Arms and troops on the borders also don't back down to his nuclear threats. MAD would also wipe out Russia, we dropped the ball on Ukraine but we have to make sure they don't take any other countries.

Reactions: 7
A bit of light relief amongst the horror. I don't think anyone cries over obscenely rich people losing everything. 🙂
Also underlines how fleeting and unreal owning stuff and being rich is, look what's been achieved in a week, Russia is financially broken, the oligarchs who stole from their people, looted the country, are on the run. Praying that Putin literally can't afford to keep fighting in Ukraine.
Some of the gallows humor we have seen in this thread has truly been the most welcome reprieve.

Is anyone listening to this guy in Kyiv right now?

Taking about how the RU have encircled Mariuopl? But it is only the old town area and all they have succeeded in doing is cutting off the water supply to the Crimea Peninsula. That they, RU, already long since occupied.

Reactions: 11
The peace talks are on going but dont hold much hope i think it needs just to be clear from everyone on nato side Nato dont want to fight russia because then if russia people see it they can see its not nato or the west wanting a war we dont want to fight russia its russia wanting a fight

Reactions: 9
No, but that's how it will be presented to the public. Although how Boris will be persuaded to drop all the green stuff, well that's another question.
I actually think this is an argument to accelerate the green stuff. If you want sanctions to bite and bite quickly then stop buying Russian gas and oil and move away from dependency as quickly as possible.

Ukrainians are amazing. I’m holding onto hope they can keep hold of the capital.
I was very moved by Zelenskyy interview last night,he seemed so tired and nearlybroken. I really hope he makes it through this, as If anything happens to him I think Ukrainians could give up.

how has Roman Abramovich got dual citizenship of Israel and Portugal? Excuse my ignorance but I thought he was Russian ?
if he is selling all assets in UK can he take that money with him ? Or is it sanctioned?
Finally did you see how Google pay and Apple Pay stopped their systems working in russia today ?? It caused mayhem in metro stations ….. no amount of propaganda is gonna get him out of that one, people were so annoyed.

I also see that georgia has brought forward its application for membership of the EU , it wasn’t due to formally apply until 2024
Re. Israel - From 1989 Jews living in the former USSR were eligible for Israeli citizenship.

(Going to recommend "McMafia" by Misha Glenny again. That's where I learnt that little snippet of info).

View attachment 1097985

Presidential aircraft heading into Belarus. I think they are definitely a country to watch out for.
Lukaschenko is utterly loathsome, a shabby little dictator who crushes brave Belarusians, fixes elections and crawls at Putin's feet because he know Vlad's the only thing standing between him and a hangman's noose. He and Putain should both be executed.
I'm usually quite the pacifist, preferring to battle with logic and reason rather than emotion and insults (though if someone gets abusive, I stand my ground: I've had too much pain, violence and abuse in my life and am not taking it any more). But in response to creatures like Putain, Lukaschenko, Maduro &c, I feel they need to be taught a lesson in language they understand: death. You know, the thing they freely rain down on others without empathy.

Reactions: 26
Going to have to defend those borders to Ukraine massively. Arms and troops on the borders also don't back to his nuclear threats. MAD would also wipe out Russia, we dropped the ball on Ukraine but we have to make sure they don't take any other countries.
Lol if they take Ukraine, Moldova is next. And that’s a tiny country. And then look on a map how much border they would share with Hungary - direct access to Schengen and Romania - not Schengen but EU. So they absolutely can not take Ukraine

Reactions: 12
Going to have to defend those borders to Ukraine massively. Arms and troops on the borders also don't back to his nuclear threats. MAD would also wipe out Russia, we dropped the ball on Ukraine but we have to make sure they don't take any other countries.
I definitely think they would be testing the waters for a while with the border countries. But I think it would be a few years before anymore invasions.

Reactions: 4
Have asked before but it might have got lost - does anyone here know how this conflict compares with the Russian - Georgian conflict in 2008?
It's on the same continuum. Putain was happy to raze cities to the ground then - in Chechenya, Grozny was obliterated - and he's on the same tack now.

Yel

Nick clegg said they (as in Facebook the people that pay him millions a year) are restricting access to RT. But they're still on Facebook directing people where they can now watch it

Screenshot_20220303-113344_Facebook.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
A lot of people aren't thinking through wanting nato to act. If they do, and a Russian plane is taken down and Russia retaliates are they going to be OK with other countries being attacked, possible nuclear attack in Ukraine or even an allied country, 1000s more soldiers and civilians dying. Will they be happy if their sons and daughters are sent to fight, or even if conscription returned.

Sure not all of that will definitely happen, but some of it could. This would not be a war going on in the middle East that we see on the nightly news and otherwise forget about. It would be real and on our doorstep. It would be one massive step into the unknown.
What is worrying me considerably is the possibility of Russian attacks on Ukraine's nuclear power plants. Putain won't give a damn who's affected, and the behaviour of the Russians thus far in this direction is frightening.

Lol if they take Ukraine, Moldova is next. And that’s a tiny country. And then look on a map how much border they would share with Hungary - direct access to Schengen and Romania - not Schengen but EU. So they absolutely can not take Ukraine
They will take Ukraine it's a matter of when not if, they are massively outnumbered but they will never truly have it. It will become unstable and insurrection fighting. The Moldova question is a big one will NATO step in if they invade there ?

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Lukaschenko is utterly loathsome, a shabby little dictator who crushes brave Belarusians, fixes elections and crawls at Putin's feet because he know Vlad's the only thing standing between him and a hangman's noose. He and Putain should both be executed.
I'm usually quite the pacifist, preferring to battle with logic and reason rather than emotion and insults (though if someone gets abusive, I stand my ground: I've had too much pain, violence and abuse in my life and am not taking it any more). But in response to creatures like Putain, Lukaschenko, Maduro &c, I feel they need to be taught a lesson in language they understand: death. You know, the thing they freely rain down on others without empathy.
I'm normally a pacifist didn't agree with Afghanistan or Iraq wars at all but a bullet needs to be put through their heads to save the possible millions that will die. It's definitely the lesser of the two evils.

Reactions: 15
He has jewish ancestry and portugal now offers citizenship for those who had jewish ancestors that got chased out of Portugal. That’s how he got his citizenship. And with that he became Portugal’s richest man. 😂
Sorry if it's been mentioned before (still catching up with the thread) but there's definitely some shady business going on because Abramovich doesn't have any recorded Sephardi heritage at all: all his Jewish heritage is Ashkenazi. He doesn't qualify for the scheme. I'd be interested to see if there will be an investigation into how he got it.

---

Those lady talking now about the lack of a humanitarian corridor is heartbreaking.

Talking about the defence of the nuclear plant and what might happen if RU get to it "next Chernobyl....." I mean we allo saw those pictures? But it still doesn't get them help. She chose to stay in Ukraine and will stay to help defend, that Russia had no idea "that we are not Russua we are brave" she says those people defended the nuclear plant, not for Ukraine but for Europe, now we need Europe.. ." "This is our land, we are not going to give up" she is an advisor to the deputy PM.

Gee.

New talks between Russia and Ukraine this afternoon in Belarus.

Reactions: 8
They will take Ukraine it's a matter of when not if, they are massively outnumbered but they will never truly have it. It will become unstable and insurrection fighting. The Moldova question is a big one will NATO step in if they invade there ?
NATO aren’t stepping in for Ukraine so they won’t step in for Moldova either, the people living there must be terrified of what’s coming

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Modolva is a big thorny problem because you have the Transnistria region, which Russia has been intervening in since 1992 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_military_presence_in_Transnistria).

There's probably lots of posts I've missed but I had to take a break for my mental health last night. I'd gone down the Alexsandr Dugin route after a friend sent a link, and hoo boy after that I just wanted to crawl under the duvet, and hibernate. There's a good summary here of his book - which Putin has been following closely. https://tec.fsi.stanford.edu/docs/aleksandr-dugins-foundations-geopolitics

Edit: he's a complete Neo-Nazi evil scumbag who holds a great deal of authority. Lots of Western fanboys too

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.