Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone clear somthing up for me this convey seems to have been not far from kyiv for quite a while does this mean there plan is not advancing so quickly because they are being fought off ? Just seems to be moving for a good amount of time
I think it is hard to say with any certainty. They have been met with a Ukraine defence that they could never have expected, the convoy is made up of poorly trained soldiers often with aging poor quality weaponry who have stopped to rest/refuel. And possibly regroup now that are aware of the weaponry being made available to the Ukrainians. They are basically sitting ducks if the proceed and are as poorly equipped/trained as we are led to believe, on top the Ukrainian's in Kyiv now have other weapons available brought in from other countries. It is unlikely that Putin considered the Ukrainians would have the level of weapons available to them as they do, so quickly.

Reactions: 16
I really don’t want to start this argument but yes, since Thursday. I saw it reported and posted on Facebook by multiple outlets as well as on Twitter and Reddit. There were pictures and videos from Moscow, with reports on people getting arrested and what the police’s response was. And then obviously all the other protests etc and there has been coverage of the protests everywhere ever since.

Putin’s inner circle is getting pissed off 😬

Yes, it was on the News channels and in the papers. People around the world, including Russians don't want this. We want peace, and for Ukrainians to be able to safely return home to rebuild their lives without any worries.

Reactions: 21
Can someone clear somthing up for me this convey seems to have been not far from kyiv for quite a while does this mean there plan is not advancing so quickly because they are being fought off ? Just seems to be moving for a good amount of time
It was reported to be 17 miles away for hours. Surely it would have got closer? I was wondering if the convoy had parked up somewhere enough route.

Reactions: 8
Can someone more knowledgable explain what happens now that the ICC is investigating Russia for war crimes? Does that change anything? The president still doesn't care and he'll still continue to do whatever he likes. Unless someone on his end gets rid of him... he will continue, I feel. Absolutely insane.

Reactions: 8
Actually the borders are the worst places to hand out anything. Volunteers on Ukrainian/Romanian border said this. They don’t stay there. They also already carry things. They get free accommodation on the first night usually. Lots of hotels are offering free rooms and meals, transportation is provided by private companies for free. I think what is really needed is basics inside Ukraine as supermarkets are running out of food. Hungarian reporters were queuing up for over an hour and still couldn’t get bread… supermarkets were stripped bare especially because they were all in a 2 day long lockdown.
Thank you for your input. It's important. There are a lot of different info at the moment. That's why I was suggesting it could be good to create a wiki with info about this that can be modified when needed.

Reactions: 9
It was reported to be 17 miles away for hours. Surely it would have got closer? I was wondering if the convoy had parked up somewhere enough route.
Makes no sense does it. I wondered if they'd split up and are surrounding the towns, but with that many vehicles and Russia so desperate for Kyev why not use them when they're so close, or even there? Why no reports on this huge convoy?

Reactions: 7
Can someone more knowledgable explain what happens now that the ICC is investigating Russia for war crimes? Does that change anything? The president still doesn't care and he'll still continue to do whatever he likes. Unless someone on his end gets rid of him... he will continue, I feel. Absolutely insane.
It changes a lot. It gives way for even more sanctions. It also gives way for the UN to step in. We all see the UN as this “let’s all hold hands and talk about peace” led by an old Portuguese dude but actually the UN has powers when it’s poked enough. Look at the demilitarised zone between S and N Korea and the long-standing peacekeeping operations in Africa. By far not perfect but they do get things done when they can.

also Russia isn’t completely isolated yet. Not all banks are cut off from the SWIFT platform. But with this investigation looming, that can happen. This can and will push the general population in Russia to turn up the heat on Putin. Russia can’t bankroll their own population + a war. Also Europe’s gas demands are about to drop significantly once temperatures start to rise. And even if they don’t, as of right now, they can’t even be paid for what they supply. Russia can turn into the next North Korea in theory. In practice, the general population, despite the governments best efforts, has a clue about what is going on and won’t put up with it.

Reactions: 18
World War III? Apparently, we’re already in it

This is a great article- thank you for sharing. The sensationalist headlines don’t do it justice. It is a balanced and well informed opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Yel

How long until all these stingers and anti tank weapons will reach where they're needed? Lots saying they'll be given but no idea if they actually have them now or if they're putting in an order.

BAE's share price has massively increased. They're Britain's biggest manufacturer and make weapons.
Screenshot 2022-03-01 08.38.25.png

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Just listening to LBC now about BAE and Shell share price going up.

Also wondering what the next stage of sanctions could possibly be.. China?

Reactions: 6
On Aus news earlier today it was reported that there was a 64km long convoy of Russian military heading to Kyiv. It was that large it was blocking the road and no one could use it. I haven't been able to read a lot of the thread has this been confirmed.

Pootan is saying the west is telling lies.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9

Yel

RT has been blocked in Europe from YouTube. I do think this is a mistep - people will just use a VPN or a Chinese/Russian site to view it. Better to have the propaganda out there as you can't stop it in the digital age.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.