Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Think about the nukes. Why would they completely obliterate something they want? It’s never gonna happen.

Calm down and don’t read fear mongering stuff.
I personally don't believe it will come to that but Putin has been increasingly hostile and unstable. Just comparing his speeches from a few years ago he doesn't seem as measured and calm . I think he will have an "accident" before anything happens. This is a man facing his own mortality who's having a crisis and desperately trying to secure his own legacy. The oligarchs want to live and spend their money in comfort.

Reactions: 27
I would guess in theory but the Kremlin is corrupt so it wouldn’t happen.
Not sure if this would apply, but when any citizen in Russia gets 'elected' to the (I think anyway) the Duma and becomes a politician is immune to prosecution, is what occurred when Sergey/Surgei Lugovoy who was highly suspected in murdering/assassinating Alexander Litvinenko in 2006, were calls to have him extradited by the High Court but will unlikely happen due to him becoming a politician.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
So I’m getting really sick of friends and family in the Middle East and South Asia saying “oh people only care about Ukraine because it’s white people what about American imperialism in Afghanistan and Iraq etc”.

there is a fundamental difference they don’t understand- this takes us closer than ever to World War 3. What happens in other countries is incredibly sad, nobody is denying that. But Putin is a mad man who has the potential to plunge the world into war not seen ona scale for 80 years or worse and it annoys me so much that they don’t understand this, or what happened last time there was a mad man on the loose.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
So I’m getting really sick of friends and family in the Middle East and South Asia saying “oh people only care about Ukraine because it’s white people what about American imperialism in Afghanistan and Iraq etc”.
If I remember rightly millions protested the Iraq war in the U.K. and America and when Afghanistan fell we welcomed refugees. I don’t understand this narrative that we suddenly only care about world events because it’s Ukraine and they are white, the U.K. does help out - I’m not saying we are perfect, far from it but we do *something*.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
1 billion needs to be a reward for the person or persons who assassinates Vlad.
I would start a just giving fundraiser for this. He needs a bullet for sure, cant believe what I am seeing its 2022 why is he slaughtering innocent people? Truly heartbreaking.

Reactions: 14
Defence is very important. Defence protects your way of life, and your children
Absolutely.

And I am glad (well not glad they have stepped up as I wish this was never happening, I hope you know what I mean) they have taken this huge step because hopefully the knock on effect is people realising just how seriously (a pacifist) country is taking this new world threats.

"But Ukraine is brave"

I really hope the average JoebBloggs who is Ukrainan knows that this is what the world thinks of them. Am sure they aren't scrolling media online and reading or comments on Twitter because of what else they are dealing with. But I hope they know. 💙💛

there is a fundamental difference they don’t understand- this takes us closer than ever to World War 3. What happens in other countries is incredibly sad, nobody is denying that. But Putin is a mad man who has the potential to plunge the world into war not seen ona scale for 80 years or worse and it annoys me so much that they don’t understand this, or what happened last time there was a mad man on the loose.
We have lived as expats in Asia for almost 20 years (back in England now because of covid) and I have had to stop talking with my Russian/Asian friends because their viewpoints are exhausting. It was bad for my mental health to try and engage with them.

I am sad because years of friendship might be lost, I am disappointed in myself for not having the stamina to talk with them endlessly about this even though their mindset is so foreign to me, these were people I love and trusted.

I suppose you never really truly know somebody else.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Friends in Singapore are very aware and horrified by what is happening. I had a message from one a few hours ago about his work which ended 'there's a war going on and people losing lives and here I am talking about this...'

Casualties
1646110024436.png

Jets incoming
1646109882270.png

Russia

1646110306836.png

1646109907630.png

USA cracking down

1646109938836.png

1646110040218.png

1646109995579.png

Accurate Times 'toon for Tuesday

1646110108151.png

Reactions: 23
Details of some of Australia's lethal contribution:

1646111686941.png

More suspensions:
1646112003774.png

1646112436400.png

1646113115942.png

Night in Ukraine:

1646112035576.png

1646112418248.png

1646113055991.png

1646111757433.png

1646112358346.png

1646113086792.png

Cyber attacks on Ukraine before invasion started noted by Microsoft

1646111849913.png

Added bonus for all the khaki lovers of a certain President from yesterday with some rousing words. You're welcome.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Another night is over (many videos on Twitter showing the extent of shelling and bombing, can be found through Euromaiden, especially, absolutely horrible. Several explosions of bombs that go against the Geneva Convention)

1646115348363.png

Not sure Kazakhstan is such a good friend to Russia these days, remember when RU asked for troops and they said "yeah, nah"

1646115145441.png

A true brain
1646115244258.png

From Russian state media, makes me wonder to what number we should multiply by the figures they give

1646115265824.png

Oh dear

1646115461976.png

How caring of them

1646115431612.png

Beer production to Molotov production

Bit o'funny

1646115502711.png

Reactions: 16
The media are absolute warmongering bastards. There should be emphasis on diplomacy and non violent intervention, but as is they’re practically salivating for bodybags and flag covered coffins to fill their copy. Stories of civilians “joining the fight”. It’s not some bleeping game with heroes defeating some Palpatine character 🙄

THOUSANDS of people have been killed in Donbas since 2014 and nobody has given a tit before this week.

Yes we are flooded with misinformation from all sides.

This organisation is a good start when you are unsure about things being published: they gather all current suspicious piece of information and they are checked (by different platforms in Europe) : https://edmo.eu/

It's an economical, military and information war.

Reactions: 10
The revolution won't be televised, it will be streamed.

View attachment 1095117

Do you not feel even a wee bit suspicious that it's like that when everything else is hidden and pretending not to be happening? All those protests you ( and my daughter) were on, I only see because I watched the live stream on Alt media while all our media ignored it or said it was a couple of 100 people.

Reactions: 4
Do you not feel even a wee bit suspicious that it's like that when everything else is hidden and pretending not to be happening? All those protests you ( and my daughter) were on, I only see because I watched the live stream on Alt media while all our media ignored it or said it was a couple of 100 people.
I do. I feel that way, and we have seen very clearly how MSM has and is manipulating things to suit their agenda - Truss comments, this 17 miles/40 mile long convey towards Kyiv and so on

As with the other thread we were so active on we will probably never know the full clean truth. So for now, it is what it is.

Reactions: 10
“Mainstream” media has been reporting of protests all over the world, including Moscow since Thursday.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
“Mainstream” media has been reporting of protests all over the world, including Moscow since Thursday.

Oh since Thursday eh? 🤔 I can assure you while 100 sof thousands were out on the streets the MSM pretended it wasn't happening

Reactions: 3
I’m not sure, will have a check back
Fiona Hill is an absolutely top-notch geopolitical analyst and expert on Russia (not a FaceBook 'expert', a real academic expert). Her book, "Mr Putin: Operative in the Kremlin (Geopolitics in the 21st Century)" is a masterpiece.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh since Thursday eh? 🤔 I can assure you while 100 sof thousands were out on the streets the MSM pretended it wasn't happening
I really don’t want to start this argument but yes, since Thursday. I saw it reported and posted on Facebook by multiple outlets as well as on Twitter and Reddit. There were pictures and videos from Moscow, with reports on people getting arrested and what the police’s response was. And then obviously all the other protests etc and there has been coverage of the protests everywhere ever since.

Putin’s inner circle is getting pissed off 😬

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.