Ukraine Russia War #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They didn't take over Chernobyl for the purpose you've said. They did it for a strategic reason.

They took over Chernobyl because that's the quickest and easiest route to get to Kyiv - that's why Belarus have been sanctioned, because Russia went through Belarus to get to Chernobyl as it's close to their border. Russia also know how dangerous Chernobyl is and that Ukraine have always had military there to guard it and make sure there is no damage to radioactive waste storage. They know Ukraine won't fire back at them at Chernobyl, because that risks damaging the infrastructure that protects this waste from getting out.
Sorry I stand corrected but none of us know what Putin has up his sleeve. Heard Alister Campbell on the radio the other day saying how dangerous it is for the Russians being in highly radio active areas of Chernobyl. Rotten situation, praying it gets resolved.

Reactions: 9
For the first time in living history Im quite proud of Boris for making a stand.
Not meaning to derail the thread but he is one lucky man. This has probably saved him politically, unless he messes it up

Reactions: 19
Just what I believe too. If Boris thought he needed to send in troops, or that the UK would be going to war, he would be arranging for men to sign up, to be trained. And start talking out Your Country Needs You.

Im not so sure I think he would only do that when absolutely necessary, we have reserves and people who used to serve to call first. Calling on everyone straight away would cause more panic. In my untrained opinion that is.

Reactions: 10
But “silent” is the operative word. How does a country that’s co-opting another’s flag in “support” reconcile these actions with refusing to provide automatic visas to the very citizens of this country? It is so performative it makes me feel sick.
It’s very clear the uk government has not been silent, we’ve sent millions in aid, arms and are lobbying other European countries for support. We are giving visas to those who have relatives here but it doesn’t make sense to completely evacuate through Europe. The Ukrainian people don’t all want to leave and those that have will want to return..soon hopefully.
And until Russia steps foot in a NATO country they are safe in those neighbouring countries

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
Im not so sure I think he would only do that when absolutely necessary, we have reserves and people who used to serve to call first. Calling on everyone straight away would cause more panic. In my untrained opinion that is.
Yes the Nato forces alone should be enough, shouldn't be a need for conscription at all. And that's even iF it gets to fighting beyond Ukraine

It’s very clear the uk government has not been silent, we’ve sent millions in aid, arms and are lobbying other European countries for support. We are giving visas to those who have relatives here but it doesn’t make sense to completely evacuate through Europe. The Ukrainian people don’t all want to leave and those that have will want to return..soon hopefully.
And until Russia steps foot in a NATO country they are safe until then in neighbouring countries
I agree, although I do think we should be offering more. But in reality I suspect the hope is they won't be displaced for long and the money and effort should go to supporting them in Poland etc and then rebuilding Ukraine

Reactions: 19
For the first time in living history Im quite proud of Boris for making a stand.
BJ and the UK is actually getting quite a lot of love from the Ukrainians phoning in to LBC over the last few days, Germany and France not so much

Reactions: 24
What is his end game? Does he really think this a winnable conflict?
Ukrainians are as hard as nails. This will end up like the 1979 Afghanistan invasion. People are queuing up for guns and are willing to die to take potshots at Russians.

The cities are full of sniper friendly tower blocks ripe for taking out invaders and the countryside is massive and already full of anti tank missiles, from the footage on Sky News.

Reactions: 18
I know people said ignore the mail, but at least it's baiting for shares with half good news now

Screenshot 2022-02-26 19.02.52.png

Vladimir Putin's war with Ukraine is not going to plan due to Kremlin 'overconfidence', poor tactical planning, and 'shock' at the fierce resistance put up by brave Ukrainians fighting for national survival, intelligence sources have claimed. On Saturday, Richard Moore, the chief of MI6, wrote how a report suggesting Putin’s forces will ultimately fail in Ukraine because it underestimated its neighbour’s military strength ‘makes sense to me’. Dramatic video today (pictured centre) showed a destroyed Russian convoy with Z-markings near Kherson in the south of the country on the third day of fighting after Ukraine's army held control of Kyiv and last night successfully repelled Russian advances on the capital. Estonia's former defence chief Riho Terras has also claimed that Putin's war is not going to plan because Russia is fast running out of money and weapons, and will have to enter negotiations with Volodymyr Zelensky's government if Kyiv holds off the Russians for 10 days. Citing Ukrainian intelligence sources, Terras claimed that the war is costing Russia around £15billion-per-day, and that they have rockets for three to four days at most, which they are using sparingly. He claimed that Putin's plan has relied on panicking the country, firing missiles at residential buildings 'at random' to 'intimidate' the Ukrainians, trigger mass army desertions, national surrender, and Zelensky's flight from the country.

Reactions: 16
Just announced on the news:
Roman Abramovich has handed "stewardship and care" of Chelsea to the club's charitable foundation following Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

To be honest I'm not really sure what it means.

Reactions: 14
Roman Abramovich has handed "stewardship and care" of Chelsea to the club's charitable foundation following Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Presumably to ensure the club can remain financed and operational if his assets are being frozen as a Russian citizen?

Reactions: 22

I don't know but I took it to be he is handing it all over to the foundation. Basically he can't sell it so handing it over to be run by them. Assume it's easier go just cut losses. He is obviously going to stand by putin

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 15

Official Kremlin website goes down
The official website of the Kremlin, which the office of Russian President Vladimir Putin, called kremlin.ru, was down today.
This has come following reports of denial of service (DDoS) attacks on various other Russian government and state media websites.
Last week, the UK and US said Russian military hackers were behind a spate of DDoS attacks that briefly knocked Ukrainian banking and government websites offline before the Russian invasion.
Today's outage of the Kremlin website comes amid increasingly insistent online calls to arms from members of the hacktivist community, including from Twitter accounts historically associated with Anonymous, the amorphous online activist community that first grabbed global attention about a decade ago.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-russia-war-live-latest-news-putin-kyiv-invasion-12541713?postid=3430384#liveblog-body

Reactions: 10
Ukrainians are as hard as nails. This will end up like the 1979 Afghanistan invasion. People are queuing up for guns and are willing to die to take potshots at Russians.

The cities are full of sniper friendly tower blocks ripe for taking out invaders and the countryside is massive and already full of anti tank missiles, from the footage on Sky News.
Yes I have a few friends from the former Soviet States and tbh, they all do seem built differently over there. I mean that as a massive compliment, like you say hard as nails both mentally and physically

Reactions: 18

It's probably the last thing you do before you take your private jet somewhere luxurious for several months until things die down (poor use of words...sorry) and you can pretend you haven't laundered billions of Russian money via the UK in legal, but highly immoral, manner.

He'll be fine- these types always are. He'll just be seeking to distance himself while it's unclear how the political and financial markets lie going forward.

He won't be handing over 'stewardship' of his bank log-in details don't worry about that.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.