Ukraine Russia War #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Abramovich has handed over Chelsea stewardship to his charitable foundation .

Reactions: 7
They could put viruses ,malware , works into the computer systems and coding for infrastructure like power grids , nhs systems , banking

Last time they did it to nhs , they were done for 3 days electronically
I was working in the NHS at the time...it made things awkward but not impossible. I hope to God the powers that be learnt from that incident and invested in robust protection. And the fact it's prudent to have a non-electronic back-up plan.

Last point is good advice for ANY business/organisation. In recent years I think we've been far too reliant on computers, smartphones etc.

TikTok is an exception. The hackers can do what they like with that cesspool of grift.
(Just let me delete my account first ok?)

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
I was working in the NHS at the time...it made things awkward but not impossible. I hope to God the powers that be learnt from that incident and invested in robust protection. And the fact it's prudent to have a non-electronic back-up plan.

Last point is good advice for ANY business/organisation. In recent years I think we've been far too reliant on computers, smartphones etc.
The amount of Business Continuity Plans that cannot be provided in paper format outside of the business's main office never fails to astound me. I have worked in this arena and it still makes me chuckle. Your BCP is bloody useless if it's only held on your IT systems. The people involved always give you that look like "Ok smart ass." and on the odd occasion that someone produces an up-to-date copy (evidenced to have been stored off-site at a location not linked to the business or its employees) and I'm like "LEGEND"

Reactions: 12

I was amazed at people posting once they were back online After FB collapsed overnight , saying " I haven't got a phone number for so and so and we were cut off" or " I haven't got their address" " I couldn't text them as I don't have their mobile number"
Doesn't anyone use pen and paper ? Or own an address book? 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Even forgetting putin I've been saying that for years. For too long companies answers have been 'put it online' . So many companies I've worked for have moved all records etc online and they're screwed everytime something goes down. I've had days where I'm sat there unable to work because system is down and literally everything i do I can't access.

In terms of cyber warfare, please don't over think this, but it could be an idea to have some cash in house incase banking is down for a short period. Tbh I keep some cash anyway as banking goes down now and again.

Reactions: 14
I'd expect a revenge cyber-type attack on the West in the next few weeks from Russia and their crony, China. Inevitable. Technology does move on fast, though and we do have countermeasures in place. Not so important for FB, or instagram etc but certainly for Government, Infrastructure & Healthcare

Reactions: 16
I’m sure we will have some sort of cyber attack but again isn’t it just going to isolate Russia further? Especially if it is banking etc, when again you think about how many online purchases come from goods manufactured in China, like on Amazon etc.

Reactions: 9
I wouldn't worry too much about this cyber stuff. It's happening all the time as is, not helped by that some places still run a copy of windows 98 full of vulnerabilities (more common than you'd expect in the NHS). There's not going to be a big scary click and all bank accounts are wiped along with all saved Instagram stories.

Maybe google docs will be targeted and go down for a few hours. State sponsored cyber warfare is a daily occurrence from certain countries and has been for many years.

Reactions: 20
I really do hope the UK start waiving visas for Ukrainians. All the lighting up of landmarks in blue and yellow is just virtue signalling.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.