Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TapToBoreMeRigid

VIP Member
I need to look away for my sanity but feel I'm doing a huge disservice to fellow man by not being up to speed.

Blood has been shed. Now that needs to be kept to a minimum. I wish I knew how.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

wafflesnwings

VIP Member
Yep. The usual virtue-signalling story. They will be unsure of which " bandwagon" to jump on in this case.

Detestable bastards, all of them 😡
It's the proverbial hand wringing and recycled nasal cry of: "sEnDinG lOve, tHoUghtS anD prAyErs" for me - along with the incredibly tone deaf, patronising and belittling comparison of Russia-Ukraine war to relationships where an overly-possessive ex can't let their former partner go (I've seen it do the rounds on IG and thought it was beyond stupid)

• Sad
  • Sick

Instahunzgo

I’ve got to drop this in here that Part Time Working Mummy shared because it’s so fucking idiotic I’m stunned 🤯 Imagine coming up with ordering on Etsy from people who are running for their lives. Fuck me!
WTAF?! As if they’re even going to be able to access funds to get it! All the ATM’s have run out of cash!

Notredamn

VIP Member
It must be so hard for Ukrainians thinking that we aren't doing anything but sitting by and watching. But as soon as we make the move we are in WW3.
If we get involved then I just hope the end comes quick. We’d be absolutely fucked. That’s the answer to the ‘why are we just watching it happen?’ questions I’ve seen.

• Sad

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Wow so much tech comes from Ukrainian companies and/or Ukrainian founders and developers - WhatsApp, PayPal, Grammarly, Revolut, Ring etc

Reactions: 20

Nora Fenn

Chatty Member
Influencers job is encouraging mass consumption to sell shit. Them just carrying on advertising holidays/chocolate bars/handbags shows them up for what they are - not people but commercial entities.
Empty vessels. If NATO end up embroiled in a war I’m guessing not many people will give a shit about their teeth whitening strips or swipe up links.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
I’ve a feeling Zelensky will be dead very soon. He’s absolutely prepared to go down fighting for his country. Could never imagine Boris doing that could you?
He isn’t stupid, neither are people around him. If he dies Ukraine is gone. Everyone knows that’s what Russia wants. He isn’t scared to go down but also knows everyone is looking at him as Ukraine’s leader. The other thing is… he is the one who convinced other leaders to help Ukraine. Who would step in? He knows he can’t be killed. He posts about being around still because he knows he needs to be seen.

The UN are meeting at present (guess who's head of the Security Council at the minute). It'll be interesting to see what China do.

The US ambadassor said that Russia's actions are "so bold, so brazen, that it threatens our international system as we know it. We have a solid obligation to not look away"

I hope they all sit down without Russia and find a way to remove Russia from the security council. It’s fucking wild they are still permanent members.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
Agree. If worse comes to worse, Russia is still one of the most self sufficient nations on the planet.
Nope. They rely heavily on exporting and importing. Also their citizens will start a revolution cause this will end in people literally starving. Russia is a VERY poor country. They just have a very good propaganda machine. Look at how the average people live, not how upper middle class an oligarchs live.

• Wow

Dot_Cotton

Chatty Member
I do mostly like to live in ignorance but I literally can’t stop looking at news on this. It makes me so sad that this can happen in this day and age and how someone can target an innocent country and people. Is Putin insane?

• Heart
  • Sad

Slowpoker

VIP Member

And Europe sends their thoughts and prayers
I remember when sir Tom Moore said he wasn't a war hero, the real hero's were dead. That's all I could think of when I saw that article 😭

• Heart

marjan

Chatty Member

Not sure if this has been shared here already, but this left a huge impression on me

• Sad