Ukraine Russia War #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this to stop a public show of support at his funeral ? Or conceal how he died?
I don't actually know. Firstly they enjoy their power.
Secondly it's probably because they don't want the cause of death revealed.
Thirdly, anyone in Russia who went anywhere near any kind of Navalny funeral would be thrown in jail, no exaggeration.
And also they're just twats. :(

Reactions: 3
I don't actually know. Firstly they enjoy their power.
Secondly it's probably because they don't want the chase of death revealed.
Thirdly, anyone in Russia who went anywhere near any kind of Navalny funeral would be thrown in jail, no exaggeration.
And also they're just twats. :(
They don’t want anyone near the body that’s for sure!

• Sad
What’s a normal period of mourning? Is this rushed? I don’t know anything about Russian funerals.

What’s a normal period of mourning? Is this rushed? I don’t know anything about Russian funerals.
Once the death certificate is signed, as Alexei's mother did, the body should be handed over immediately. There's two days left for them to do that.

I believe it to be both. Putin knows no bounds unfortunately. Also mass gatherings can spark a revolution
This is the key, avoiding anything which might suggest to people that someone other than Putin might have popular support - but I think since they are not completely withholding the body, this tells us that there won't be visible or possible even detectable signs, given length of time for volatile poisons to dissipate, damage indistinguishable from anything routinely done to prisoners... also ensuring delays and quite likely by now an unconfirmed chain of custody which throws sufficient doubt on anything that does get found.

Reactions: 2
This is the key, avoiding anything which might suggest to people that someone other than Putin might have popular support - but I think since they are not completely withholding the body, this tells us that there won't be visible or possible even detectable signs, given length of time for volatile poisons to dissipate, damage indistinguishable from anything routinely done to prisoners... also ensuring delays and quite likely by now an unconfirmed chain of custody which throws sufficient doubt on anything that does get found.
It's most likely Novichok again. Putin has killed Alexei....

Reactions: 1
Finally they release Navalny's body......

Might yet get a public funeral but unlikely to be without significant crowd controls.

• Heart
Finally they release Navalny's body......

Might yet get a public funeral but unlikely to be without significant crowd controls.
Such a relief, honestly.
Here's Yulia's video from this morning. Wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of her. Never seen her so angry (rightfully so, of course, bless her)

• Heart

It just gets worse. I'm so shocked by this. I know I shouldn't be, but god this is mad. He was so close to being free. It's the exchange news that's shocked me, not Putin killing him because of it.

Last edited:
I very much doubt it. It's murder. Plain and simple. He was tortured for 3 years. He was denied medical care. If it was a blood clot he didn't have to die from it if he was given medical care.
There's some of the follow-up comments that are saying the translation is a little off, so it should be more like 'all we have been told' or 'for all that we know' in the sense of there being the official story which may have some basis in fact but being an official report from the Russian authorities there will be not even the slightest mention of the possibility of the trigger for that cause of death.

---
----

[ the below posted separately a bit later but auto-appended to the above ]

It just gets worse. I'm so shocked by this. I know I shouldn't be, but god this is mad. He was so close to being free. It's the exchange news that's shocked me, not Putin killing him because of it.
I'd be tempted to suggest this was a stalling tactic rather than genuine progress - that said, if it was for real then it may heve been a sign of Russia having a particular need of that particular arms dealer.
There's been numerous posts (obvs with a 'tbc' caveat) Russia having trouble with various aspects of weapons (and weapons related) procurement, or maybe they need access to money because the central Russian banks are running out of gold since there's a lot less people accepting roubles these days.
Also fun, recently noted that about a third of loans in Russian banks are to Chinese companies though that was on Tass and possibly Interestingly I don't recall any opinion offered as to whether it was a good thing or a danger to the Russian economy.

(just the small sections that we see of lots of interconnected chains, one of the reasons Putin likes the 'multipolar world' not because of ideas of fairness but it gives him more sides to play against each other)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Natural Causes in Russia = stress and pain and hard , desperate living in cold/ damp cells.

I’ve noticed we’re being fed a lot of conscription stories lately 🤔

I’ve noticed we’re being fed a lot of conscription stories lately 🤔
Probably because thanks to delays in support the war is still headed this way :( though TBH I wouldn't panic just yet, this is people reminding us that a seemingly unconnected thing far away really isn't going to stay where it is.

Posted on TASS (i.e. Kremlin approved) the other day, this one reiterates the casting of the invasion as a continuation of the war against Germany which apparently never went away because it's the 1940s all over again.

[ TASS : Konstantin Sivkov, Vice President of the Russian Academy of Missile and Artillery Sciences for Information Policy, Doctor of Military Sciences writes ]
The goals of the Ukrainian army’s offensive in the summer of 2023 and the size of combat groups formed to carry it out are to a certain extent comparable with what the German military fielded for its Operation Citadel in 1943. This gives us the grounds for calling Kiev’s offensive in the summer of 2023 Operation Citadel 2.0.
And closes with this :
That is why, similar to how the Soviet Army had a long way to Berlin after winning the Battle of Kursk, today Russia still has to embrace a long struggle after Kiev’s botched Operation Citadel 2.0 until the Final Victory that it will certainly win. But it has already achieved the first and truly Big Victory.
Which will be handy as a significant step towards liberating Berlin (after retaking Warsaw obvs) from the evil western influence which it suffers from only as a result of being subject to a treaty that doesn't count because Russia didn't sign it and therefore should be brought back into the fold...

But in spite of our tendency towards pessimism it's realistic to expect that the Russian advance will be stopped (though to be lasting needs to be reversed) while we are still at the knitting-socks stage, long before the prospect of wading through the mud becomes even a slight possibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4