Ukraine Russia War #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The reason why USA jets may not be sent is the same reason for ours ; they are the most high-tech in the World, and pilots in Ukraine won't know the flying controls & also if one is shot down then the Russians will be able to study the technology?
They’ve got the maintenance issue with the jets too, these jets need a massive team to keep them in use. They require so much resource which isn’t feasible for the Ukrainian army. Also, the major issue with these jets is for them to “work” they will need to enter Russian aerospace. It’s one thing having NATO supplied equipment in Ukraine but as soon as the NATO equipment steps foot in Russia/Russian aerospace, NATO is officially a party to the war and I don’t think this is a move NATO and the west want to take right now.
Having said this, I reckon Zelenskyy will get his wish eventually, but not right now.

Reactions: 5
It just highlights that he speaks from what's either the weirdest unselfaware perspective or from within the secure knowledge that nobody daring to contradict is going to be heard, or a mix of both.
Also, latest polls have him at 80% support by the public, no doubt his special domestic persuasive team are working on the remaining 20% as we speak.

Putin's threat over Western arms supplies
Not needing to roll tanks up to the borders, goes hand in hand with an announcement that the new hypersonic missile will feature in their current/imminent exercises.

Still trying to get past all the WTF in not just his speech but also a Lavrov TV interview stuffed full of barely veiled threats and bizarrisms that's all based on the same wallpaper that lines the inside of what seems to be some sort of soviet aquarium intended to contain Russia and Russians.
Attempts to extend said aquarium currently being held in check, Kremlin casts this as (to paraphrase) 'new regions of russia not yet fully protected' and 'Crimea reliably secured' though for the latter one might add 'for now...'.

And apparently there's some further reports of US activities and interference in ukraine before and during the war that are imminent, one of which says they were involved with the nordstream explosions but I'm not sure if that will be as well as, or instead of, the UK.

(apologies, bit rambly... I find it interesting delving into the Russian official notices to see how they present stuff and you often get to see in advance a story that's soon to be echoed elsewhere)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Despite the Putin popularity poll results, things aren't as rosy as suggested
Based on passport application figures, though applications have now been suspended as materials (e.g. special paper?) have run out though I'd wonder if that's not just an excuse to stop people leaving to escape the draft.

On top of that it looks like Putin has demanded results that there just aren't the resources to deliver

Reactions: 2
Even more tanks on the way.

Previously declared was a set of 88 Leopard-1s, now another 99 of the same. Anyone thinking the maths is iffy, presumably the figure of 160 is based on what's complete, repairable, able to be recommissioned etc.

Lithuania passing the hat round :)

And Norway looking to send a big chunk of its oil/gas profits to Ukraine in a five-year aid package.
Remembering that Norway owns its oil/gas production, hence needing the parliamentary decision.

Reactions: 7
Big push looming ominously but there's continued internal skepticism about ability to succeed.

One of their later posts in that thread says this
The Kremlin continues to deny Wagner financier Yevgeny Prigozhin legitimacy and authority in #Russia....
Not sure if that's motivated by PR or power concerns though, I dare say I might find out once I've read the report...

More of the doom-mongering world-war-3 commentary 'out there' but ultimately this is down to Russia trying to put people off by continuing its assertion that contributing to Ukraine makes a country a legit target.
The UN sec-general's big speech yesterday does warn against escalation though not just talking about Ukraine.
Also mentions countries recommitting to the UN charter which IIRC has things to say on the subject of borders, invasions etc which to me would seem to suggest an exit by Russian forces would be his preferred solution here.
(a very wide ranging speech, this is only a small part of it)

Last edited:
This will reassure both him and his people in his Nation & give added strength and support for them.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.