Ukraine Russia War #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continue here, we've got a YouTube bot posting on the thread when sky news post a relevant video. Thought it might be useful as it slips down the news agenda. You can press to ignore it if you'd prefer.

Reactions: 6
Impression i get from this is they don't want to give explicit approval but a strong hint that the lawyers might somehow lose the breach of licence paperwork if the tanks were somehow sent before any approval was confirmed.
+/- correct comprehension...

Thought it's not all vagueness

and something that has got Estonia on Russia's official naughty step

Reactions: 3
I imagine Estonia giving all of something doesn't amount to very much, but it's all about optics. Germany and Olaf isn't going to be happy at all the mud slung. Does feel like they're back to square one.

Screenshot_20230123_124641_Twitter.jpg

Reactions: 2
Optics maybe but every breadstick helps as one might say... And with enough of those it can tip the balance.

Attempts to persuade Scholz continue, couldn't help but be amused by a placard held up by one of the protesters in Berlin :)
Screenshot_20230123-154058~2.png

From Poland's defence minister

Which translated to this
The Germans have already received our request for permission to transfer Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine. I also appeal to the German side to join the coalition of countries supporting Ukraine with Leopard 2 tanks. This is our common cause, because the security of the whole of Europe is at stake!
Though back on the issue of optics I'd think that while there's no problem with Germany giving permission, actual german tanks (with or without new stickers) would be a PR gift to the Kremlin which one would hope would only work within russia but TBH I wouldn't want to bet on that.

Reactions: 1
Screenshot_2023-01-24-18-08-32-26.jpg

I just stumbled upon the Instagram account for the Kremlin (don't ask)
Unfortunately Putin still seems to be alive, but why is he holding onto his Russian eagle pencil pot like that? Also he looks very old suddenly... Let's hope he's gone by the Spring....

Reactions: 1
(above clip currently sending me to 'waiting')

Looks like Germany has now actually confirmed it is sending the tanks rather than just saying it is ready to send, and stated other countries are allowed to re-export theirs (as per arms deals export treaties legalese etc).

Announcement came from a departmental statement apparently, not the speech?

Last edited:
Some interesting people sneaking around at the back putting spanners in the works
Though I do have reservations when it comes to remarks about violence, I would hope this is intended (and reading further does seem that way) to be directed at objects not people.
Fighting at the front is one thing but quality sabotage should have a casualty count of zero, otherwise it heads into tricky definitions that are best avoided.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.