Ukraine Russia War #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I spoke to a Ukrainian I know that lives in the UK today. She wasn't happy about the tanks being sent in. Her home town was taken over by the Russians right at the beginning and she'd rather it just stayed like that as her family were safe now. She doesn't want the Russian forces to be pushed back. Which I totally understand.

I don't think Germany really wants Russia to lose any ground that it's claimed either.

(above clip currently sending me to 'waiting')
It's because they announce a live video is coming up and put a placeholder while waiting for the speech etc to start.

---

Kay burley is going to be overjoyed that she was with him when he heard about the German tanks.

I'd fully support donating Kay to the front line

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
How many is Poland sending? They've got 200 odd I think.

That's just over 50 from UK, DE and US.

I heard conflicting things about the Abrams today on the radio, some say they need jet fuel and others say it'll work with anything but not be as efficient.

Reactions: 4
It's because they announce a live video is coming up and put a placeholder while waiting for the speech etc to start.
I had suspected but my impatience got the better of me!

I heard conflicting things about the Abrams today on the radio, some say they need jet fuel and others say it'll work with anything but not be as efficient.
As I understand it, they will indeed run on different fuels but run best on stuff that's in the general range of jet fuel, highly refined light stuff.
Terrible mpg but not so bad that you wouldn't want one.

Reactions: 2
Spain might send up to 53 tanks
Screenshot_20230125_182412_Twitter.jpg

Just checked and Russia have apparently lost 3161 tanks as of earlier today. Although I presume that's mostly really old Soviet ones.

Screenshot_20230125_182425_Reddit.jpg

Reactions: 4
Sky news is so confusing that I wonder do they really have a clue what's going on, in one report tonight they claimed America didn't want to send their tanks as they didn't want the Russians finding out their technology of the tanks, they followed that up with saying they will also be supplying Ukraine with means to retrieve damaged tanks, surely they've now made American tanks a target?

Reactions: 3
As if Zelenskyy didn't have it hard enough they then throw Kay Burley at him šŸ˜±

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Sky news is so confusing that I wonder do they really have a clue what's going on, in one report tonight they claimed America didn't want to send their tanks as they didn't want the Russians finding out their technology of the tanks, they followed that up with saying they will also be supplying Ukraine with means to retrieve damaged tanks, surely they've now made American tanks a target?
Probably but I don't think much more than any others, the Kremlin PR have of course dismissed them as fancy frippery to be destroyed 'like their predecessors', making not so subtle references to WWII.

Pro v con arguments on tanks I think we were just seeing it played out in public, no idea if that was deliberate or unavoidable or just how these things work, the openness not a bad thing.

Other stuff that might seem odd but I think counts as balance ... reporters doing declarations of technical superiority alongside (as you mention) needing a tow truck and then every piece seems to go on about the need for jet fuel, it's like a combined message of reassurance but playing up the risk of possible problems.
Presumably wanting to make sure they are reporting and not just reading out the sales brochure.

I suspect not the downsides not so bad as being made out.
The biggest 'if' seems to be the actual delivery schedule which hopefully works out as 'soon enough'.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.