Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CrystalWench

Chatty Member
For those of you who are scared, I spent most of my teens and early twenties terrified of WWIII/nuclear war (1980s/ very early 1990s). My late dad went through the same thing during the Cuban Missile Crisis. What a total waste of my youth that was. I couldn't understand how everyone else seemed to be going about 'as normal'. I'm 52, now, and the things I would have done had I known I'd still be here! The world moves on and it will continue to do so. Sadly, there will always be wars. There will always be catastrophic disasters, natural and otherwise. But the world moves on, it does. We are living in difficult and dangerous times but there never was a 'Golden Age' when all was tickety. I think Putin is full of rhetoric. His Generals have families and loved ones who won't want to live out their days in bunkers and they know that the minute they toss a nuke over the border, they've had it.
I struggled with the anxiety of it mostly because my lovely dad isn’t here anymore. He would have been 83 now and died 2 years ago, like you and your late dad he lived through so much of this and took it all with a pinch of salt, but then the first 6years of his life were WW2. I try to be rational about it like you and him with the previous experiences.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
I didn’t even think he was that tall looking at him in comparison to those other men. I take it he’s gotten over his germ phobia.
They've been kept in vats of antibacterial soap for this last week. That's why they look so pleased - they are happy to be out, they don't care what they just signed.

• Haha

Hallowmaiden

As if Russia would be smart enough to troll anyone.

When trying to portray the image that the Crimean bridge was fixed they literally used old stockphotos, with the watermark still on..

0xv6qa4rufu81.jpg

• Haha

monga

VIP Member
This is my fear too. If he potentially knows he's losing and going down, is he going to start playing dirty and using weapons he shouldn't?

This all hits so much harder with anxiety and fear now I've got a baby of my own
He's certainly goading the west into action let's hope they've got a Trump card (no pun) up their sleeve , everyone's concerned but it was expected he'd not go down easily .I'm sure they'll be a few surprises waiting on him 🤞

NeverEnough

VIP Member
A fall…..
Russia must be one big death trap. A discarded fag end can cause massive explosions on air bases, or even sink large battleships. And now rich oil barons do head dives from open windows on the sixth floor of hospitals.

The Russian Department of Health and Safety really needs a root and branch review.....

I think professor Michael Clark is the best commentator in the media, he put it as a 30-40% chance that the whole Russian army would collapse shortly.

Although that wouldn't necessarily be good news depending on the fallout.

I'd imagine lots in Crimea that settled there in recent years are fleeing back to Russia while there's still a bridge. It's very possible they'll have their water and energy supply controlled by Ukrainian forces soon.

It would definitely destabilise Russia but it will be good for the rest of the world.
Putin might have just done the opposite what he set out to do and ended up fucking Russia.
China and other countries bordering them might try and steal land

Yel

Chatty Member
I wouldn't have thought it was Russia blowing up the pipes. It stops their bargaining tool.

Good for western unity so that the option to cave into Russia is now removed. I'd guess a baltic state or the US 🤔

NeverEnough

VIP Member
This is an incredibly dangerous moment in time. I suspect, and hope, that cooler heads will prevail and this will be chalked up to an accident. But this is what happens when chronically inept Russian soldiers start firing missiles indiscriminately. This time they missed the whole fucking country.

Yel

Chatty Member
I've heard some people shocked that after the 6 months the government hasn't a plan to house the people they offered homes for. I'm not quite sure what they were expecting with the huge backlog and chronic shortage in the UK?

As much as people had their hearts in the right place this matching with random people always seemed like it was going to be a mess.

Some callers on LBC last night were saying they feel taken advantage of as they've housed people from the west of the country who are now going back there for holidays and weddings.

• Wow

Hallowmaiden

Vlad has nothing to lose he doesn’t want to bargain anymore.

Yes, let's use the Putin puppet and Moscow lover Elon Musk as a source. Being an billionaire and engineer obviously means he knows everything about war and politics:rolleyes:.

NeverEnough

VIP Member
Interesting perspective from a former occupation victim, referring to the Russians as fascists.

I guess the Russians weren’t persuasive enough of the benefits of life under Vladimir Putin. Nor it seems did they adequately explain that they were in fact a beloved liberating force freeing her (and apparently her cutlery collection) from Nazism.

I tell you what, Russian propaganda has gone downhill….

NeverEnough

VIP Member
We need something. An assassination. A martyr. Optimus Prime.

Anything.

Just something to kill the cunt.
His heir apparent is Dmitri Medvedev, who be all accounts is even crazier. He has talked about a Eurasian Empire running from Portugal to Vladivostock.

• Sad
  • Wow

Hallowmaiden

To calm your saturday. Two very elegantly and thorough written analyses on the war and the likelyhood of nuclear weapons being used.

hopkin1414

The conflict that is being screened between Ukraine and Russia is a farce.
It is a money laundering racket that is backed by the west and has nothing to do with the poor people of Ukraine. Just check out the FTX scandal and the billions of tax payers money that is being washed around in the pockets of criminals, one being the Ukrainian president.
All the media /news etc we receive is completely censored to the west’s anti Russian narrative.
I haven’t managed to read through the whole thread but this is the best comment so far. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Haha
  • Wow