Ukraine Russia War #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How can you justify saying all that? The reports that Russians are "attacking civilians" in #Donbass are simply not true. I know that to be the case, because they make no sense. Why would they attack their own people, who they came into the country to defend? If it was Zelenskyy's forces however, it WOULD make sense - because they have been doing this since 2014!
I am totally confused here. What has 2014 got to do with Zaddy. Wasn't he still doing SOTP series. I thought he became President 2018/2019.
Do they get more than 2 terms in office in Europe. I know USA is only 2.

Reactions: 2
I am totally confused here. What has 2014 got to do with Zaddy. Wasn't he still doing SOTP series. I thought he became President 2018/2019.
Do they get more than 2 terms in office in Europe. I know USA is only 2.
Zelenskyy is a continuation of what happened in 2014. He is an actor and managed to convince people he would be different, but he lied. Below is the first post-Maidan coup President getting intimate with Joe Biden (Poroshenko.)

1656747804472.png

Unpopular but:
I'm honestly of the opinion that people with British passports who didn't leave as soon as everything went down are a bit stupid. You really can't depend on any country following international law on this sort of stuff, assuming you're even covered by international law

Reactions: 5

Unpopular but:
I'm honestly of the opinion that people with British passports who didn't leave as soon as everything went down are a bit stupid. You really can't depend on any country following international law on this sort of stuff, assuming you're even covered by international law
Hang on a sec. They weren't just your everyday British citizens who happened to be working and living in Ukraine, they were mercenaries! I don't support the death penalty and never have, but these two men should have been aware of what could happen to them before they joined up. Please also be aware that it is not Russia who is threatening them with capital punishment, it is the Donetsk People's Republic (DPR.)

Hang on a sec. They weren't just your everyday British citizens who happened to be working and living in Ukraine, they were mercenaries! I don't support the death penalty and never have, but these two men should have been aware of what could happen to them before they joined up. Please also be aware that it is not Russia who is threatening them with capital punishment, it is the Donetsk People's Republic (DPR.)
At this point you are iust trolling this thread with your pro Russian conspiracies.

Please go post on the Conspiracy Theories thread or start your own “I love Putin” thread 🤦🏼‍♀️

I’m always open to learn and change my opinions but at this point you are deliberately derailing the thread with your nonsense

Reactions: 7
At this point you are iust trolling this thread with your pro Russian conspiracies.

Please go post on the Conspiracy Theories thread or start your own “I love Putin” thread 🤦🏼‍♀️

I’m always open to learn and change my opinions but at this point you are deliberately derailing the thread with your nonsense
Perhaps you'd like to tell me where I've gone wrong then, and tell us all what really happened.

Unpopular but:
I don't totally agree but do see your point. If the reports aren't leaving out too many of the critical details then their humanitarian assistance included getting people and driving them to safety, perhaps a little beyond handing out soup and blankets so even if they weren't armed, the case gets difficult to argue especially as the 'rule of law' where they are being held tends to be that of "suspicion equals guilt" .

Though with any luck there's more prisoner exchanges ahead so I won't write them off just yet.

I don't totally agree but do see your point. If the reports aren't leaving out too many of the critical details then their humanitarian assistance included getting people and driving them to safety, perhaps a little beyond handing out soup and blankets so even if they weren't armed, the case gets difficult to argue especially as the 'rule of law' where they are being held tends to be that of "suspicion equals guilt" .

Though with any luck there's more prisoner exchanges ahead so I won't write them off just yet.
It's a difficult situation but suppose that's why it's better sticking to recognised charities/NGOs and following their guidance on how involved you can be. From what I've seen a lot of the work has been focused on the 'less' affected areas but it's probably for good reason

I've quickly looked up the Presidium Network and The Guardian has this as one of their corrections/clarifications:
Presidium Network, which identified two British men captured by Russian troops, is a community interest company rather than an NGO; and contrary to an accompanying picture caption, it was not working with Paul Urey and Dylan Healy at the time of their detention, but had been intending to do so, as the article itself stated (Mother’s plea for captured aid worker, 30 April, p15).

It sounds like the two, or maybe just Urey, are being used for Russian propaganda too:
Mr Urey is recorded saying he travelled to Ukraine to ‘see if the refugee crisis was really as bad as what they say on the news’ back home, and that he ‘does not believe the news in England’.
It goes on to say how he was taking photos of a bridge and how it wasn't bombed by Russians so it's proof that UK media is lying

It goes on to say how he was taking photos of a bridge and how it wasn't bombed by Russians so it's proof that UK media is lying
On that particular point, I'm sure there's been at least one or two other bridges (or possibly even the one he was looking at) that the Ukrainians stated quite early on that they themselves had blown up to prevent/delay Russian advance.

As for any statement from someone in hostile captivity, I will stick with a noncommital remark about taking things at face value for the moment though I doubt I'm alone in that.

Reactions: 4
The Red Banner of Victory was erected in the central park of Lisichansk “to commemorate the liberation of the city from Ukrainian nazis”

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
Status of Lysychansk seems to be a matter of unclarity at the moment.

Ukraine not sounding massively optimistic about holding Lysychansk though there was an interesting remark about it not being such a strategic advantage from the invading forces perspective.

Reactions: 3
Joe Biden insisted that Zelenskyy's ukrops would NEVER aim US medium/long range missiles into Russia. Well..

Do you still think they are the "good guys?"

assuming you’re talking about this it sounds like they were targeting an airport used as a Russian base and some of the missiles fell on a residential area (possibly, doesn’t appear to be confirmed by anyone). Collateral damage is normal in a war zone

I know people have been saying that every Russian missile has been targeted at civilian targets but there’s a good chance that some of those have been collateral damage too

I really don’t know why I keep entertaining your posts 😭 it’s just providing actual sources tends to be useful

Reactions: 3
Joe Biden insisted that Zelenskyy's ukrops would NEVER aim US medium/long range missiles into Russia. Well..

Do you still think they are the "good guys?"

George Galloway FFS, When you can find a legitimate source, come back

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I know people have been saying that every Russian missile has been targeted at civilian targets but there’s a good chance that some of those have been collateral damage too
I don't doubt this, the question of course is the relative proportions and I think it is not unreasonable to suggest that the Russian-caused 'collateral damage' has been far beyond even the most generous margin of error that might be applied to accuracy, even of older armaments.
(edit, th is being on top of their deliberate targeting of civilian and residential targets, hospitals, crowded railway stations)

Still waiting for confirmation of what happened In Belgorod and of course if it was non military targets deliberately hit then I would not want to be excusing that.

There seems to be some disagreement between Russian and Ukrainian defence ministries as to who currently controls Lysychansk so I'm adding pinches of salt to any claims and counter-claims on that one.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.