Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

VC10

VIP Member
Cheers boris 😂
All bollox.
I've got news for them. Russias had missile capable of reaching the UK since 1959. We've had the capacity to obliterate Russia since 1947.
We in the UK are giving Ukraine lots of assistance. I've no interest in the russian view of us, or our Government.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

VC10

VIP Member
Who cares what some nonentity tv host in Russia says?
The sanctions are hitting them very hard now & will cripple them.
They are understandably angry as they don't know the real reasons for the sanctions, as they aren't told the truth on their media.
No exports
No IMF money movements
No Imports
No spares for the Western cars, planes , lorries, etc
No Netflix
No amazon
No macdonalds or any other Western company
No buyers for their commodities
No international air travel ( except to their cronies in china)
No holidays abroad for the populace- No flights allowed anywhere in the World from them.
A run on the Rouble
Queueing for bread
Mass job losses now
No imports of petrol or crude
No imports of coffee
No export sales.
No insurance internationally
No medical supplies on import
Oligarchs Property seized/ cant be sold/ money cannot be moved around or withdrawn throughout the World.

That's just a few off the top of my head.

No wonder they are full of bluster, and sore.

Fuck them. They are cunts. The whole World is with Ukraine , and Russia knows if just 1 nuclear bomb is let off , they'll be wiped from the face of the Earth, by every other Nuclear Nation.
GB , France, the USA, etc.
That won't happen.
Shouting and hatred will, but fuck them.
They live in a Dictatorship, and they are brainwashed. That's the truth of it. It's no good creeping around it. It's fact. I do feel for some of the genuine Russians as their lives will be very hard from now on- but that's their problem; not ours.

• Heart

NeverEnough

VIP Member
My husband has literally just told me about it and it has scared the life out of me. I’ve got palpitations now 😞
Why are you giving Putin your fear? It is exactly what he wants from you. It’s exactly what any dictator wants. They want you to be living in a state of ignorance, paranoia and fear so you accept that they, and only they, can protect you from all the bad things and keep you warm, happy and secure. At the simple cost of letting him be in charge, because after all he is a man of destiny who was born to be in charge right?

Pure bullshit of course. Because a dictatorship just multiplies the fear. You are always just one misplaced tweet, or an innocent remark, away from being “disappeared”. Life under a dictatorship is about as secure as a drunk tightrope walker crossing the Grand Canyon in a hurricane without a safety net. Look at the lies Russia Today tell everyday. Why would a happy secure and safe population need to be lied to on a daily basis? Is life not perfect?

Look at it objectively with your own eyes. The Mighty Russian Army which we had been lead to believe was manned by highly trained elite soldiers, trained to kill from birth, and equipped with deadly hi-tech weapons that belong more on Star Trek rather than the real world, is in fact a largely conscript force of deluded bullies with antiquated equipment who are being fought to a standstill by a country half it’s size. Exhibit A is happening in Ukraine right in front of your eyes. Seriously, what level of loss do you think that army would suffer if Putin did lose it completely and actually had a pop at a European country?

No one wants to die. That I get. But what exactly is life for? Is it simply not being dead, or is it for gathering experiences, knowledge, or enjoyment, and grasping at it as much as you can? Because there are only two certainties, birth and death. Both are inevitable, what happens in between is on you. Personally I hope the end bit is as far in the future as it could possibly be. But there IS going to be an end bit, for you, me, and indeed Vladimir Putin.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
I don't know why we seem to be constantly calling out Russia for their crimes. Fair enough, but surely once or twice is enough. Ben Wallace seems to be calling Russia out every week and poking at Putin. Nobody else in Europe seems to be doing this.
The UK is Ukraine's best friend in Europe. I don't think the answer would be to stop mentioning the war crimes, that would not keep the help flowing in if it stopped being talked about and drifted out of public consciousness.

Germany etc are continuing to say as little as possible because their actions have massively funded the Russian warchest.

People not wanting to poke Putin and trying to appease him has helped to get us where we are now.

Reactions: 17

Pasha

Girls, take all information you read/hear with a heavy pinch of salt, even if you think that's a legit source! It's propaganda all over the place and information war is real. And even a good reporters may fall for it.
Of course Russia is threatening to nuke everyone, what else is left there for them to do then keep bullying everyone because that has been working for so long for them!
Have you seen how terrible Russians are equipped? They are going to a war in 21st century with a 60 years old equipment. They have no communications, no modernization of anything. Most of their soldiers don't know what switchblade, javelin, bayraktar, etc even mean.
Don't forget that we have anti nuke technologies in place as well. Russia could try to nuke something but that is unlikely, Putin alone is not able to fire off any nukes. He is crazy and my want to. But I bet you others are probably thinking - what was the point to steel from our country and become filthy rich if we all are going to die now? Because they know- if they fire something (I do believe that anti nuke system will save us and) then what ever will come back to Russia will put an end to all off this once and for ever, because what they will get back can wipe them from the face of the Earth for ever. Plus the answer will need to come back instantly and will be uncoordinated - nuclear countries see what Russia is doing and they must act, no time for talks and coordination because they are risking another nuclear attacks - just imagine the force unleashed towards Russia from multiple points at the same time. It will be very warm even in Oymyaku.

Reactions: 17

CrystalWench

Chatty Member
The thing they put on Russia TV the other night about under water nuclear bomb has scared the life out of me my anxiety has been awful since then, I truly hope it doesn't come to this 🙏
Weirdly what’s calmed my anxiety about it all is remembering that regardless of putin and his threats, life is short and precious and the days aren’t promised to anyone. I’m starting to make sure I enjoy my time more, doing things I enjoy more, eating what I love etc. It is a bit of a coping mechanism but it is also true, if all the nukes in the world were gone, no one is living forever anyway, and we need to enjoy what we can a bit more.

Also, a bit like a terrorist he will want us all to be scared and fearful, I’m not letting him frighten me anymore, or any of them. Like the Ukrainian old lady who confronted and stood up to the Russian soldiers, like the Ukrainian ship that told the Russian ship to go fuck themselves, if they can do it when they knew they might be killed there and then, We can mentally do it to these news reports.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Sorry, but this isn't the "pro-Zelensky, look at him in his cute shorts" thread, is it now, that is in the rave section. We don't treat politicians as idols, nor should we not look at things critically. Suddenly xenophobia and being pro-military is considered infallible?

It is a simple fact, that the way the UK and media has treated refugees from Ukraine, is far different to the way refugees from the Middle East and African countries are being treated. NeverEnough has kindly posted a report that shows this in stark detail. This isn't the people of Ukraine's fault, but our own government's xenophobia. We can't just turn a blind eye to the double standards of the refugee crisis, when it impacts people outside of Europe.
What does this have to do with this thread? If you want to discuss refugees as a topic full stop then set a thread up for that specific topic.
This one is for about the Ukranian war.

• Heart
Times and Telegraph talking about WW3. Tory papers. Either drip feeding the WW3 narrative or trying to sound the country out.

Reality is, we don’t get a choice. Boris and Liz Truss have decided to war we are going, it seems. We just have to put up with the consequences. Liz Truss? Who is she? Is she going to replace Boris, when and if he goes?
Most papers will start talking about WW3 because doom mongering sells more than if they said all as is before

• Heart
The UK hasn't exactly been welcoming to refugees from Afghanistan though, and most in 2020 went to Pakistan.
I think also, a great noise is made about "the nearest safe country" when it comes to people fleeing the Middle East, but this somehow doesn't apply to Ukraine? People are either fleeing war or they aren't, making claims of who is a more "deserving" refugee due to them being white is just wrong.

I just feel the narrative at the moment does not allow any voices or questions that are not pro-nato and pro-military intervention, alongside the xenophobia towards non-white refugees and the Russian population as a whole, sorry.
Enough of derailing the thread with nonsense. If you want to bleat then use facts on another thread not this one

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Dollenganger

VIP Member
Yip, Putin is going to be pissed. At some point he’ll do something to provoke or cause Nato to act, and WW3 is on. It may not be for a few months or even this year but it is coming. And no one is prepared for how bloody and awful it will be.

We are looking at leaving the U.K. next year if we can. Potentially South Africa or Australia (both are viable options for us visa/passport wise)

The U.K. has become a shit hole anyway with a broken NHS, a government that could care less and that is determined to drag us into a nuclear war. At least the weather is better in Oz and SA! 😂
I have quite a few friends from SA who chose to settle in the UK to raise their children because SA is a much less safe country to live in day to day. A mum that I knew from my daughter’s school used to say to that you couldn’t be sure that you wouldn’t be killed on the way home from work. Beautiful though it is…

Step closer to WW3 🤨
It’s irresponsible to try to whip people up into a panic on a forum that you will know some people are really suffering with anxiety on. The deployment of the troops is to help avoid WW3, not bring us one step closer.

The article that you link to actually says

‘Operating across Europe, the British Army will stand alongside partners, combining our capabilities and shared values, promoting peace and security’

and

‘The drills aim to "showcase the scale and significance of the British Army's contribution to the defence of Europe", the MoD added.’

It seems to me that some people enjoy the stress that these tense situations cause to others.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Pasha

My husband has literally just told me about it and it has scared the life out of me. I’ve got palpitations now 😞
Don’t let this impact you! It’s a well paid full time job for Kremlin’s trolls to spread the propaganda ahead get people scared. That’s part of their information war. Don’t fall for it.

whatisityoucan'tface

Chatty Member
:sick: Watched the video, really wish I hadn't learned Russian, it's a bliss not to know and understand what are they saying.

I bet they will fill everything in one of the Mosfilm's studios and will be using A LOT of the green screen.
We need Anonymous or one of the other hacking groups to sabotage the Victory Day big screens and televising. A non-stop loop of tractors towing Russian tanks, 'Fuck Putin' memes and the Zelensky penis-piano footage.

• Heart

Marylou

VIP Member
View attachment 1332803

Hahaha!

View attachment 1332801

View attachment 1332798

On aid

View attachment 1332796

View attachment 1332816

EU politics

View attachment 1332802

Well this isn't suspicious AT ALL

Lithuania

View attachment 1332825

Also, this just in from Lithuanian former Minister of Defence/Foreign Affairs

View attachment 1332822

On fighting

View attachment 1332808

Thread on sanctions

View attachment 1332814

View attachment 1332827

Ben Wallace has been in Kyiv

Latest MoD

View attachment 1332829

View attachment 1332833
I've been following this thread since day one and, whilst I don't contribute much, I truly appreciate the regular updates posted. Thank you for sharing informative and regular information.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
No other country in Europe has done more to help Ukraine and their military since the Crimea invasion. It would be odd if the UK wasn't right near the top of their enemy "unfriendly" countries list.

The UK by doing this is following it's long running stance. At least it learnt from the Munich agreement, unlike many of our close neighbours.

We were saying exactly this since thread one, nothing has changed. This 'dont poke the bear' let's appease stuff is what's got us here.

• Heart
I just watched the results of the Eurovision and I thought it was very telling how people are feeling in Europe at the moment. Both Germany and France were bottom with hardly any points.

People aren't stupid, they see what their leaders are doing

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
A Russian ship has now become a submarine, Putin may be forced to write all official documents in comic sans and Boris has been banned from the country.
We are on day 51 of Putin’s 3 day war.

• Haha

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Watched on the news today this man (not sure if he’s part of a bigger group, think he must be) from London, I believe he’s a teacher. Ordinary bloke. He’s been out in Ukraine in the eastern part of the country and helping to rescue people, he was saying they are helping to rescue vulnerable people, those who are elderly and blind. And I just wanted to burst into tears because it’s such a pure act. There’s an ordinary person, I don’t know if he had connections to Ukraine but he’s going out; risking his life to help vulnerable people. It reminds me of this quote about looking for the people who help in the times of crisis. There’s a war going on all around but these people, ordinary people are helping. And it’s such a tonic to the darkness that russia reports about:

• Heart

IAlreadyDespiseYou

Chatty Member
Peace talks are not longer happening as USA/UK won’t allow Ukraine to agree to any terms. No point on negotiating as Ukraine now unfortunately need to “win”. Poor poor poor people of Ukraine, their lives destroyed because of a proxy war.
Erm, I don’t think the U.K. and US have that much say in it. Putin wants Ukraine to accept his terms, Ukraine doesn’t want to roll over and let him have territory that he doesn’t have any right to. The U.K. and US aren’t really part of peace talks, so I’m not sure where you get that info from.

Reactions: 14