Ukraine Russia War #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone seen this going around from some three weeks ago?

There are very few English articles about it so I’m not entirely sure how trustworthy the sources are. I’m only aware because one of my conspiracy nut cousins shared an article 😅

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Has anyone seen this going around from some three weeks ago?

There are very few English articles about it so I’m not entirely sure how trustworthy the sources are. I’m only aware because one of my conspiracy nut cousins shared an article 😅
Some further reading is needed but a first glance tells us the deutsche welle article was originally in russian so some nuance may have been lost especially if it went via German as well, and there's a week between that and the morningstar one.

It seems she had been nominated by the people's front party (which didn't run in the 2019 elections?) not the governing party, the stuff she said is stated as unverified in one article and 'fake news' in the other, so there's more to look at there.

All TBC of course but noteworthy paragraphs do seem to suggest they had been trying to fire her for a while, being unimpressed with the way she had been operating.

Reactions: 4
Has there been any Western response to the progress Russia are making? Like further arming them or anything? I didn't used to think it but unfortunately I've got a feeling Russia will eventually get there if there isn't a massive response. But I'm sure the other countries have played the scenario out during war games

Has there been any Western response to the progress Russia are making? Like further arming them or anything? I didn't used to think it but unfortunately I've got a feeling Russia will eventually get there if there isn't a massive response. But I'm sure the other countries have played the scenario out during war games
I can't seem to find anything on further arms deliveries but there's a bunch of sanction talk again, though seemingly not directly as a response to the progress being made

Canada also introduced further sanctions on the 27th apparently

There was talk of sanctioning Russian gold at the G7 but it doesn't seem to have been announced (?) but is likely to be part of further sanctions, probably included with the 7th package of sanctions by the EU

On the issue of sanctions regarding Russia though:

From some very very light reading it does seem that there are some restrictions against them but because they're used for gas payments or something connected to gas they're allowed to function
There generally seems to be a bit of discussion about how effective sanctions have been

There was also a conference on the recovery of Ukraine once the war is over:

Not sure how trustworthy this is, purely because I really dislike the source and I couldn't find anything better, but throwing it in just in case:

Reactions: 6
Unfortunately China is still buying from Russia. There are other countries as well but cannot remember.
It was mentioned a couple of weeks ago Russia had received $97 million for gas since the start of the war.

• Sad
Unfortunately China is still buying from Russia. There are other countries as well but cannot remember.
It was mentioned a couple of weeks ago Russia had received $97 million for gas since the start of the war.
If you're meaning their total income that would be billion, not million...

A month or two ago it was around £800million per day for the combined total of European countries imports of Russian oil and gas.

For the 'power of siberia' pipeline to China, the combination of a recent TASS article and the back of a fag packet says it's probably about a billion per month (specified in USD but probably paid in roubles), assumption of having understood correctly.

Too many countries are too dependent on a single supplier and this is a massive collective failure, regardless of anything else.

Reactions: 3
If you're meaning their total income that would be billion, not million...

A month or two ago it was around £800million per day for the combined total of European countries imports of Russian oil and gas.

For the 'power of siberia' pipeline to China, the combination of a recent TASS article and the back of a fag packet says it's probably about a billion per month (specified in USD but probably paid in roubles), assumption of having understood correctly.

Too many countries are too dependent on a single supplier and this is a massive collective failure, regardless of anything else.
Oops I pressed the m instead of b.

Our side of Aus is lucky. A previous state Premier back in the day said 15% of gas had to be stockpiled for domestic use.

Short write-up of where things are right now

The 'Diplomacy' part has a couple of typically absurd remarks from Lavrov which are just further confirmation that he would need to be gone at the same time as Putin.

A big step to commandeer whatever they want to supply the war effort, not sure any would dare to refuse a non compulsory request no matter how many times it said 'optional', 'vuntary' etc.

Obviously not called a war at home, as we know.
FFS preview of 'live updating' pages link, actual relevant bit starts with
What Russians are being told about the invasion
"We have been waiting for you for so long" is the headline from Russian tabloid Komsomolskaya Pravda, apparently a quote from the "liberated" people of Lysychansk as they emerged from their cellars, writes our Moscow correspondent Diana Magnay.

According to the Russian narrative, this is a liberation. A special military operation (don't mention the word "war") where preserving the lives of Russian troops and the protection of civilians is the top priority, per defence minister Sergei Shoigu today.
[...]

• Wow
A big step to commandeer whatever they want to supply the war effort, not sure any would dare to refuse a non compulsory request no matter how many times it said 'optional', 'vuntary' etc.

Obviously not called a war at home, as we know.
FFS preview of 'live updating' pages link, actual relevant bit starts with
A Dictatorship, laying down orders & the Law to its peoples to work & hand over supplies to the Dictatorship. Brainwashed & indoctrinated....the population have no choice. Sad,isn't it?

How much longer do we have to have this chancer stealing the headlines.

You've had your five minutes of fame mate and then some, move along now.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
I’ve seen an interesting conversation in one corner of the internet on how sooner or later some leader is going to say that they won’t be giving any more money and arms and how that will start a domino effect

So I’m wondering if/when a more average person, like you guys, would find that acceptable

It’s interesting given all this planning going in to rebuilding Ukraine when this is all over. I saw one of the suggestions flying around is using Russian money that’s been confiscated to pay for it, but I wonder if countries might still donate money. Apparently they’ve made a plan of who would be responsible for rebuilding the different cities

Attachments

I’ve seen an interesting conversation in one corner of the internet on how sooner or later some leader is going to say that they won’t be giving any more money and arms and how that will start a domino effect

So I’m wondering if/when a more average person, like you guys, would find that acceptable

It’s interesting given all this planning going in to rebuilding Ukraine when this is all over. I saw one of the suggestions flying around is using Russian money that’s been confiscated to pay for it, but I wonder if countries might still donate money. Apparently they’ve made a plan of who would be responsible for rebuilding the different cities
My opinion is that we should escalate. Letting Russia take Ukraine is a slippery slope to the rest of Europe

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.