Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My heart's breaking for Ukraine I've had a little cry this morning , all those innocent people who just want to get on with their lives being killed by a power hungry madman. I'm worrying for the future X

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
feeling like a right clown I just got my Russian lip filler yesterday and this is going on!

make peace and love not war!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Can I just say Putin is a murdering bleep.
The west absolutely cannot be weak about this I kind of miss trump. China is watching to see how this goes so they can start land grabbing as well.

• Sick
Reactions: 15
I'm devastated that the world has awoken to Putin's barbarism, that Ukranians are packed in bomb shelters and fleeing major cities and under fire from illegal Smerch rockets (Alice, your divorce doesn't matter); an attack that may be the opening salvo of WW3. Could those who have sympathy with Ukraine change their avatars in support, even if just for today? I know it seems like such a little, futile suggestion, but they must be feeling so terrified and alone.
Profile avatar changed. 🇺🇦❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
How can people like this piece of pure evil. 😧
It beggars belief. So-called ‘free-thinkers’ actually saying they like this cold blooded, murderous, mafia boss masquerading as a president.

Anna Politkovskaya, Boris Nemtsov, Alexander Litvinenko, Dawn Sturgess and countless others would like a word.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It beggars belief. So-called ‘free-thinkers’ actually saying they like this cold blooded, murderous, mafia boss masquerading as a president.
MSM painting him out to be the evil when he’s not. It’s propoganda. Fake news. 😩 Say that to the people in Ukraine right now.

• Sad
There are also people that like him. Unfortunately. Don’t get it.
Idiots and the people who buy his rhetoric?
He has a lot of his own people convinced Kyiv is full of neo nazis, I can understand that. But people who aren't part of that should see the truth.

This is really distressing news to wake up to. My thoughts are with Ukraine and surrounding counties.

Reactions: 19
I am so confused by this whole thing - why are Russia threatening to invade a country that has nothing to do with them? The Soviet Union broke down 30 years ago.
It comes down to white make entitlement mostly.

Ukraine used to be part of the Russian empire

Putin and co love power. They hate that the glory days of the Russian empire are behind them, they hate that they gave those territories their independence back.

Ukraine was turning towards NATO - concerning for Russia since it’s a next door neighbour

Ukraine and other former soviet states are doing well - they make democracy look good.

Russians are slowly wanting more democracy in Russia (there was a recent big news story on an app which let them know about other parties which was promptly shut down by the state and which probably scared the hell out of Put

Reactions: 12
He says anyone who helps Ukraine will face immediate action. Immediate action sounds bad.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I'm devastated that the world has awoken to Putin's barbarism, that Ukranians are packed in bomb shelters and fleeing major cities and under fire from illegal Smerch rockets (Alice, your divorce doesn't matter); an attack that may be the opening salvo of WW3. Could those who have sympathy with Ukraine change their avatars in support, even if just for today? I know it seems like such a little, futile suggestion, but they must be feeling so terrified and alone.
My heart is breaking for the Ukranian people. I’ve got some aquantances over there that I met through being into my favourite band, and I’ve been super worried about them since I heard, hoping they’re ok. Completely agree about other stuff that seems big not mattering in the slightest.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
They also wanted to join the EU at one point didn’t they? Another big no no for Russia.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.