Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Russian correspondent in Moscow on the BBC looks like he's shitting himself bless him.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Amazing journalism and total dedication to truth. They aren't letting the Russians put their propaganda out.
That's what worries me, they're so brave, but the city will be under siege in a few hours and that could be disastrous for them.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Do those journalists not need to get out of Kyiv?
They're just hours away.
They're already in there blasting away. I don't want to put footage on here it's not to everyone's taste , but a Russian helicopter has been brought down and it's missiles galore looking at footage , over 40 killed at the last count :(

• Sad
  • Wow
Whats the end game in all this ? I do wonder i know he wanted land but all this over some land it just seems over the top?

Reactions: 14
Like I say Dad’s army this is who’s leading the revolution

What about the innocent Russian people :cautious:
Putin has blood on his hands.
i see no way out of this now, without masses of innocent lives lost from all sides.

• Sad
They're already in there blasting away. I don't want to put footage on here it's not to everyone taste , but a Russian helicopter has been brought down and it's missiles galore looking at footage , over 40 killed at the last count :(
Where did you see it Monga? I've seen a lot of footage from our own country i should be OK viewing it :cautious:

Reactions: 3
Whats the end game in all this ? I do wonder i know he wanted land but all this over some land it just seems over the top?
The country once was part of Russia so my thinking is he wants to reclaim it - be like how it was before soviet union dies.

Short term - Ukraine is an ally to the West with a fairly good military right on their border. He'd rather they be his puppet.

Reactions: 8
The country once was part of Russia so my thinking is he wants to reclaim it - be like how it was before soviet union dies.
It's because his dick doesn't work anymore so he has to willy wave by land grabbing.

• Haha
I can just about get my head around the idea of another war, but panic buying again? Gtfo!

If you don’t laugh, you’d cry 🤷🏼‍♀️
Jeeps hope I don’t have to walk along supermarket isles of mega bags of pasta again

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Putin has blood on his hands.
i see no way out of this now, without masses of innocent lives lost from all sides.
This is what breaks my heart so much... I can't even begin to imagine what the death toll will be.

Putin has always come across as very menacing to me and I am sure we were all hoping this would never materialise but I can't see it getting better. It will worsen as the day carries on.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I was just reading a post on a group I'm on on Facebook. Somebody had asked for the Ukraine/Russia situation to be explained in simple terms as she wanted to understand it, fair enough.

The third comment I read "it's all just a distraction for the duck ups Boris Johnson has made in the last few years".

Yes, because Putin gives a duck about what Bojo has fucked up and to distract from that he's bombed Ukraine. Good logic, head.
There are people who seriously believe this. I have been listening to colleagues all morning saying that Putin has been set up by the west etc.
It is frightening to think that there are folk who appear relatively sane and functional, believing that Putin is a decent bloke.

Reactions: 13
I am very nervous about this. Russia has so much influence in the UK already. It really has reminiscences of what we were told about the beginnings of WW2 for me. Do we know how the Russian people feel?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.