Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you think about it, how petty is it to argue over a piece of land. Humans act as though we own land, when no land is really owned. We are inhabiting a giant spinning rock in the solar system, what Is the point of these wars and disputes. Just utterly pointless and unnecessary. The egos of people in power knows no bounds. We have a bunch of humans fighting other humans while those in power sit back and enjoy the riches. Pisses me off. We really are a ridiculous species. The so called smartest species on earth and most of the time we don't act or think like it.
It will get worse the world is overpopulated , climate change , running out of fossil fuels , even food and fresh water. Lots of future wars are coming for power and resources if we don't do something soon.

Reactions: 12
I honestly think there will be minimal impact to the 'man in the street' in the UK. Depends on how reckless Putin is.

At max I would expect cyber attacks, electricity grid attacks and gas line disruption.

Min I would expect tension and cyber attacks.

There's always cyber attacks btw. I work in tech, even 7 years ago, when we werent at war or having tensions with other countries I could probably list 10 times that either Russia or China (mostly china) tried to disrupt govt systems. It happens all the time.

I think Putin will understand how much this is costing Russia financially. Its a lot of money. I wonder if there is something in Ukraine that he wants (apart from the land and power).

Reactions: 8
Trump has released a statement:

22-Feb 2022 Donald Trump
If properly handled, there was absolutely no reason that the situation currently happening in Ukraine should have happened at all. I know Vladimir Putin very well, and he would have never done during the Trump Administration what he is doing now, no way! Russia has become very very rich during the Biden Administration, with oil prices doubling and soon to be tripling and quadrupling. The weak sanctions are insignificant relative to taking over a country and a massive piece of strategically located land. Now it has begun, oil prices are going higher and higher, and Putin is not only getting what he always wanted, but getting, because of the oil and gas surge, richer and richer. The U.S. was energy independent under the Trump Administration, an independence that we had never obtained before, and oil prices would have remained low. Now, what a mess our Country is in!

Reactions: 16
Trump has released a statement:

22-Feb 2022 Donald Trump
If properly handled, there was absolutely no reason that the situation currently happening in Ukraine should have happened at all. I know Vladimir Putin very well, and he would have never done during the Trump Administration what he is doing now, no way! Russia has become very very rich during the Biden Administration, with oil prices doubling and soon to be tripling and quadrupling. The weak sanctions are insignificant relative to taking over a country and a massive piece of strategically located land. Now it has begun, oil prices are going higher and higher, and Putin is not only getting what he always wanted, but getting, because of the oil and gas surge, richer and richer. The U.S. was energy independent under the Trump Administration, an independence that we had never obtained before, and oil prices would have remained low. Now, what a mess our Country is in!
Lol I hate to say it but he's right . Trump for world peace ✌😂😂😂

Reactions: 10
When you think about it, how petty is it to argue over a piece of land. Humans act as though we own land, when no land is really owned. We are inhabiting a giant spinning rock in the solar system, what Is the point of these wars and disputes. Just utterly pointless and unnecessary. The egos of people in power knows no bounds. We have a bunch of humans fighting other humans while those in power sit back and enjoy the riches. Pisses me off. We really are a ridiculous species. The so called smartest species on earth and most of the time we don't act or think like it.
As someone who has been involved in a land dispute on a teeny tiny scale I agree. People kill each other over farms and land here, really brings out the worst in people 😭 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Suburban neighbours often go to war over things like a fence a few inches off the boundary!

Reactions: 5
I think Vlad is angry but his Botox won’t let him express his full range of emotions
F1E91D24-A132-4FF8-A8D5-78E0F8090D14.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I’m starting to really panic about this now. So much scaremongering. And my husband who is usually cool calm and unbothered is really stressed about it. We are flying to vegas in a few days first time leaving the kids and I am really not sure if I want to go now

Reactions: 1
Never a fan of Trump,
Absolutely no faith in Biden.
Wonder if Martin Sheen is available.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m starting to really panic about this now. So much scaremongering. And my husband who is usually cool calm and unbothered is really stressed about it. We are flying to vegas in a few days first time leaving the kids and I am really not sure if I want to go now
Where are you based? From what I’ve read online it seems that the most the everyday people in the West will experience is higher fuel prices and maybe cyber attacks but even Putin isn’t that stupid to launch an attack that will cost lives (excluding Ukraine unfortunately). In my opinion I’m not too worried.

Nazir Afzal has made some good points
EFB8A183-213A-4353-B9D5-61AE8348985F.jpeg
ACDDCB65-E76E-4F1E-9940-E02A0F4ED7A7.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Excuse my ignorance, so we think putin will go into Ukraine or do you think he is just seeing how far he can push it?

Where are you based? From what I’ve read online it seems that the most the everyday people in the West will experience is higher fuel prices and maybe cyber attacks but even Putin isn’t that stupid to launch an attack that will cost lives (excluding Ukraine unfortunately). In my opinion I’m not too worried.

Nazir Afzal has made some good points
View attachment 1081601View attachment 1081602
Perhaps Mr Afzal should stop and think that perhaps he does not possess the full facts on this and that maybe, just maybe, the government has intelligence as to who actually owns these “banks” and where the oligarchs fortunes come from?

The twitter great and the good are divided on this. Apparently that nice Mr Corbyn believes this is all linked to an “aggressive posture”, and presumably if we simply sat down with Vlad and had a cup of herbal tea he would withdraw his troops.

As bad as Bojo is, man did we dodge a bullet when this guy was utterly rejected at the ballot box.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think Boris is playing a blinder. As was explained yesterday, he's giving Putin time to withdraw my and if he doesn't, then Boris will play his next card.

Germany played a great card yesterday though.

Reactions: 2
Assuming you don’t live in eastern Ukraine then my advice is to relax, turn off the news and enjoy your holiday.

Reactions: 15
I think Boris is playing a blinder. As was explained yesterday, he's giving Putin time to withdraw my and if he doesn't, then Boris will play his next card.

Germany played a great card yesterday though.
Credit to Scholz for that. A better card however could be played by Biden who could report a major incident with NS1 when an American sub just happens to be in the area. And maybe a few Ukrainian's can report bombs and explosions on the numerous Russian pipelines that run through the area and blame it on Russian shelling. Take a few plays from the Vlad playbook.

Credit to Scholz for that. A better card however could be played by Biden who could report a major incident with NS1 when an American sub just happens to be in the area. And maybe a few Ukrainian's can report bombs and explosions on the numerous Russian pipelines that run through the area and blame it on Russian shelling. Take a few plays from the Vlad playbook.
Explain this please. Interested.

A better card however could be played by Biden who could report a major incident with NS1 when an American sub just happens to be in the area. And maybe a few Ukrainian's can report bombs and explosions on the numerous Russian pipelines that run through the area and blame it on Russian shelling. Take a few plays from the Vlad playbook.
I don't think following vlads campaign of misinformation is the right way to go!

If NS1 was shut down for a period that would very quickly lead to blackouts in Germany and Italy. That could be life threatening to many in the cold parts.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.