UK Politics & Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never even thought of that! Do you need a VISA to visit anywhere in Europe now ??
No, that won’t happen. Not any time soon anyway. Think about it - we don’t need one to go to Norway or Switzerland, neither are in the EU, though I know Norway at least has some kind of partnership with them.
It will impact long term residency, for those living abroad in Europe and Europeans over here though as with everything else, the details are not clear.
But mostly being in the EU is about trade. So economically we will notice it the most probably, at least at first. The price and availability of food and I guess other things. It will be interesting to see, now it’s finally happening, what the first notable impact is. Looking back at this time in 20 or 50 years people will be able to identify when the impact of Brexit really started and things began to significantly decline. What a disaster. I’m desperate to be proved wrong....

Reactions: 1
No, that won’t happen. Not any time soon anyway. Think about it - we don’t need one to go to Norway or Switzerland, neither are in the EU, though I know Norway at least has some kind of partnership with them.
It will impact long term residency, for those living abroad in Europe and Europeans over here though as with everything else, the details are not clear.
But mostly being in the EU is about trade. So economically we will notice it the most probably, at least at first. The price and availability of food and I guess other things. It will be interesting to see, now it’s finally happening, what the first notable impact is. Looking back at this time in 20 or 50 years people will be able to identify when the impact of Brexit really started and things began to significantly decline. What a disaster. I’m desperate to be proved wrong....
You can soooo see countries like Germany and Italy trying to demand VISAs though!! Lol the big EU countries will love a power play. Yeah but they have had an agreed for so many years so thats very different no?
God its scary isnt it though.. I wonder if the pound will drop again now ?
Presume you're in the UK yourself?

I think because Brussels is an hour ahead of us,
That’s it

You can soooo see countries like Germany and Italy trying to demand VISAs though!! Lol the big EU countries will love a power play. Yeah but they have had an agreed for so many years so thats very different no?
God its scary isnt it though.. I wonder if the pound will drop again now ?
Presume you're in the UK yourself?
Ah your right about the agreements. I know that it will be like travelling outside of Europe - you may need to show you aren’t staying for longer than 90 days, need 6 months on your passport etc That’s in a years time after the transition period.
I’m a bit gutted about losing the EU roaming. It feels like that only just came in! I still get a kick out of using my phone for free in France of wherever. But looks like we can say goodbye to that come 2021 as well.
As for the poor pound, it’s never really recovered from 2016. How much more can the little guy take ?!

Yes I’m in the UK , in London - can’t you tell from my metorpolitan elite tone ? 😉
Where in Ireland are you ?

Reactions: 2
Apparently we may need visas to visit Europe from next year, but not this year during the transition period.

Thank you. You have put it perfectly. I live in N Ireland and the EU served us very well. We also voted to remain. I am not being smug or gloating, but I am entitled to an Irish passport and I will be applying for it within the next couple of weeks. I wish you could too.
Like you, I am hoping for the best possible outcome for UK and that we can continue to build good relationships with our European neighbours.
Sorry to jump on this but my mum is from N Ireland...do you think I’d be eligible for an Irish passport?

I live in the EU so still have residence in an EU country. Considering buying the bullet and going for citizenship which isn't something I ever thought I'd do.

I had literally forgotten it was happening 😳 but we just got back on Monday from a month long trip in far flung climes so my brain still has no clue what day it is. No fireworks here but then we voted to remain (Scotland).

Reactions: 3
We're not acknowledging it in our house, all voted remain and although I accept it's happening, feel celebrating may be premature, lets see how it actually goes first and if it is indeed better for the country.

Reactions: 7
Avoiding Facebook because I really hate seeing arguments about it. It really triggers me I'm not sure why. I did hear some fireworks outside my house.

Avoiding Facebook because I really hate seeing arguments about it. It really triggers me I'm not sure why. I did hear some fireworks outside my house.
I find the polarised opinions tedious. The name calling and sneering. The weeping and wailing and hyperbolic gestures pathetic with how morose they are. The overly jubilant, brash triumphant and jingoistic ranting. Shut the duck up, the lot of you. You’re stuck in your tribal rhetoric and it’s OVER. Let’s get on with it.

People in between are generally easier to listen to. Those who are sad to be leaving but pragmatic and positive about life going on regardless; or happy to be saying bye to Brussels but fully accepting it’s going to be a bumpy - and at times terrifying - ride.

Reactions: 5
People in our neighborhood let of fireworks just 3. Some one called the police thinking it was gun shots 😂

• Haha
By being even more determined to campaign and live long enough to see Scottish Independence. duck Brexit.

By being even more determined to campaign and live long enough to see Scottish Independence. duck Brexit.
I was against the independence referendum but I’m for it now. I’m in N Ireland, there’s no particular allegiance to the Scots. I hope Scotland gets what they need, but I hope Ireland win the rugby today 🇮🇪 V 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I live in London and walked through Parliament Square around 7pm and Alastair Campbell walked passed in the pissing rain looking miserable as sin, so got a kick out of that as I hate the slimeball. 😂 I voted Remain, but wanted to respect the vote (couldn't stand all this 'People's Vote' crap) and glad we've finally left.

I was in bed by 10pm.

Reactions: 3