Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Reverend

VIP Member
It is more than a little confusing. The most 'sensible' explanation I've seen is that the government will make a new agreement with Rwanda so that people not granted asylum in Rwanda will not be returned to their home country or any other that puts them at risk. That was the key problem identified by the Supreme Court. Now I have also seen it suggested that people unsuccessful in claiming asylum in Rwanda would be returned to the UK in order to avoid that risk. That hardly seems credible but I think the government are prepared to do almost anything to enable a plane to Rwanda to take off before the election.

The situation isn't helped by morons such as Lee Anderson suggesting that the UK simply ignores the law and starts deporting people immediately. I'm sure there are a few more loons in the Tory party and plenty of their supporters who would agree with this.
It won't happen.

1) This new law would have to go through the House of Lords who held it up for ages first time around.
2) It's not just ECHR take would take a dim view of this, there are numerous international legal treaties that the UK government would have to ignore (and the courts wouldn't).
3) By the time they have got around to doing this, there will be a general election.

Reactions: 7

Ennui

VIP Member
How on earth is Cameron back after all that corruption he was involved in with Greensill?
They really take us for fools.

• Sick

UsernameBlank

Chatty Member
52238C73-D3CA-47B3-B029-A3455022B477.jpeg

Following on from their YouTube video this pair are continuing in their mission to clear their name and a BBC interview will be shown on the Laura Kuenssberg show today.

Just pay the 120 million for the faulty PPE and fuck off, it’s that simple.

Also can they keep doing these interviews while under investigation by the NCA?

Merpedy

VIP Member
There’s complaints that they’re processing too quickly for the 20yrs it’ll take for social housing to kick in…Wonder what it is 🤔
The problem isn't necessarily that they are processing too quickly

The problem is that they have let the backlog build up so much that they are now putting even more strain on services that are there to support people with newly received status

The other problem, which had already been highlighted decades ago, is that the move out time isn't enough for anyone to make a solid plan - and some people are getting just 7 days of notice that they're being evicted

Moley1

Chatty Member
Still has no idea of what happened to 5000 WhatsApp messages and doesn’t know what a factory reset is on his phone 🤔
This man was our Prime Minister! 😡

HelloStereo

VIP Member
They’re one in the same, sir Keir has nothing in common with the working class, he couldn’t bring himself to stand on a picket line 😂..I’m impressed that you’d give up your home to someone less fortunate though 👍🏻
Im pretty sure that is a dig but I don't own my own home and probably never will. I privately rent an ex council house.

At least he's said something about housing, which makes a change from the tory rhetoric of what bathroom trans people use.

• Heart

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
HS2 doesn’t personally affect me and to be honest I rather they improve the train system across the country as a whole than pouring billions into such a small area
i agree in general bc hs2 wouldn't reach me but i'm only 30/40 mins from manchester by train so would still benefit somewhat. but what i can basically guarantee is that they wouldn't pull 36bn from the london leg if they had started in the north

kev1974

VIP Member
Oh wow it's real, David Cameron is actually Foreign Secretary now.

Doesn't say much for the pool of MPs that Sunak had to choose from does it?
---
New home secretary is James Cleverly

Ennui

VIP Member
If Kier starmer did this it would be front page of the mail telegraph etc.

Remember poor old Ed with his bacon sandwich.

Last edited:

thegirlscout

VIP Member

Justice Minister Mike Freer told Rishi Sunak today that he will step down at the election following a string of threats and incidents, which culminated in an 'arson' attack on his constituency office in December…The 63-year-old has suffered more than a decade of intimidation and says he feels 'lucky to be alive' after narrowly escaping a confrontation with terrorist killer Ali Harbi Ali, who murdered fellow Tory MP Sir David Amess…On police advice he has had to wear a stab vest when attending scheduled public events in his constituency…Last month's 'arson' attack was 'the final straw'. One email sent after the attack informed him he was 'the kind of person who deserved to be set alight'.

I think it’s bloody disgusting that an MP has been targeted with so many threats of harm that they feel they have to step down.
Fake petrol bombs, death threats, insults against his sexuality and arson attacks are not the way to behave in a democracy.

• Wow

Miss Begotten

VIP Member

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
It would be great if politicians just worked together to solve the country's problems, rather than spend their time making false promises to win elections and generally trying to be "a personality" to be popular.
I'm also sick of them trying to control us and take our freedom's away.
Listening to people I can feel a riot brewing, particularly from the long suffering people who have simply had enough.
Even the worm turns eventually.....
Agree with all of this so much. On the subject of opposing parties arguing, it's immature, theatrical and a massive waste of time. Of course you need people to have vastly different opinions and solutions to the country's issues BUT they should then use all of that to come up with something worth putting into action. No point in having an opposing opinion to just use it as a stick to lash out and disagree for the sake of it 🤷‍♀️
And the lying. It's out of hand. I'm positive they'd gain trust (all parties) if they just said 'this isn't good news but we want to be honest'.

• Heart

Moley1

Chatty Member
All Tories voting for Blair but Labour Twitter users are split between three Conservative PMs.
Makes sense to me. Tricky one. I hate Cameron for the whole Brexit debacle and dividing the country.Thatcher for making greed ok and dividing the country. Johnson just for being Johnson and dragging the country to the gutter. Blair is a saint in comparison.