UK Politics #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He or she felt very down at heel.

What an evil old witch.She will get her comeuppance in due course. GB News awaits

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Can't bring myself to watch or even read about Braverman's speech but I can guess what it was like. Anyone who still supports the Tory party now is supporting this obscenity.

Similarly I don't think I can watch the "Partygate" programme on Channel 4. The trailer was enough for me. Especially coming at a time when I read that Sunak is 'unable' to hand over all his WhatsApp messages to the Covid Enquiry too.

partygate trailer
---
I fully expect Nigel Fartage to rejoin the Tory party.

Mogg has said he would welcome him back to the party. In truth rather than Farage rejoining the Tories, it would just confirm that the Tories have all joined UKIP / Reform

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Is anyone else listening to Mrs Sunak’s speech?
It’s like a very bad episode of This is your life. Absolutely cringing.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Yel

Unconventional but she's got a good voice. I guess they have to do something to stop people talking about the train set.

I didn't have Mrs Sunak talking about Emily in Paris on my bingo card for today.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Who are the red army?

Is anyone else listening to Mrs Sunak’s speech?
It’s like a very bad episode of This is your life. Absolutely cringing.
I've just seen the headlines saying that they wheeled her out.

I just can't work out why. I know Princess Nut Nut seemed to be keen to have a political career of her own, and I know the partner of each prime minister have always been photographed and been sort of minor minor celebs, but I don't remember any of them getting up and speaking before. Except maybe Cherie Blair, but I might just be remembering something she did with her lawyer hat on.

Reactions: 1

I just can't work out why. I
Why not? I don't see what difference it makes. I thought she was pretty good as a warm-up act. She's probably got more about her than most of the MPs that were there.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

I just can't work out why. I know Princess Nut Nut seemed to be keen to have a political career of her own, and I know the partner of each prime minister have always been photographed and been sort of minor minor celebs, but I don't remember any of them getting up and speaking before. Except maybe Cherie Blair, but I might just be remembering something she did with her lawyer hat on.
Well let's face it she's benefitted more from this government than most people. Perhaps she just wanted to say thanks.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
It's pretty common for a spouse to introduce their partner at these sorts of things too right? I remember Michelle Obama did back in the day when Obama won the Dem nomination. It's silly. But these party conferences always are.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.