Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

neroli

VIP Member
Comeback as what?

He's offski and will leave all his enablers looking silly and isolated albeit with empty gongs to brag about..His legacy is that corrupt Dishonours List nothing else.Sums up his " Government".

monga

VIP Member
You can get indefinite leave to remain:

I’ve seen the settled status referred to as that very occasionally but that was mainly before it got fully rolled out and came into effect
---
View attachment 2245676
Yes ,apparently the home office review it at their leisure, his mum is a nurse from what I understand so would probably be granted settled status due to the shortage in healthcare, don’t know what his father does but one of his brothers is supposed to be at Oxford.
They could also have lived in an EU country before coming to the UK .

L3moning

VIP Member
All parties are just ridiculous about the NHS. Both saying they'll fix it and solve everything. But never how they'll do it 🙄

It's a massively outdated model and what's really killing it is the refusal to modernise it to match other European models that achieve far better results.

People always talking about how much better paid people are in Australia without saying that system is based on insurance where people are paying more for it. And people in the UK flat out refuse this model.

Can't have your cake and eat it. They're all lying about how they'll magically fix it. It's been underfunded for decades while people have more and more expectations.

Will any grownups enter the conversation to be honest?
The problem is that any notion of paying for healthcare at the point of use is treated as if it would become the US system overnight because of either people not getting that other systems exist or not trusting the government.

Now, I personally would be heavily against charging people at all, because it would lead to an amount of excess deaths (probably only in the short term, though), but you can probably design a system which mitigates the worst of it (obvious idea would be making it free or more subsidised for under 18s, over 60s, those who are pregnant or have chronic illnesses, etc).

My suspicion is that we will end up with some kind of subsidised system where stuff has a fixed fee, rather than an insurance based model.

monga

VIP Member
Hmmm i think this Nottingham attack is different to the much more frequent stabbings we hear about in sink estates (your words). They were carried out by someone who seemed to be out to kill/injure as many people as he could and anti terror police were involved from the start. Whether it had been carried out on teenagers from an ethnic minority on a sink estate or aristocratic toffs in Mayfair, I think the outrage and sadness from the public would be exactly the same. But I do agree that we hear about stabbings/gangs/drugs and it doesnt have the same shocking effect on us that it used to have when it first started simply because it is so frequent and sadly a lot of people assume it's always rival gangs going after each other.

Edit: Thinking about this while making a cuppa, i think people assume that "other" stabbings/murders are by people known to each other (eg gangs) whereas murders like this as completely random which is much more frightening.
Well once you join a gang you know what you’re signing up for 👍🏻

monga

VIP Member
IMG_5839.jpeg

---
It was on social media so the part about him harming other people may or may not be factually correct, but the fact that this got no coverage is exactly what people are getting at. Random attack, ‘good’ victim, just in a place where people expect it so little to no coverage.
Did you hear about the 21yr old was cut into tiny pieces in NI and put into dustbins? Her killer escaped from a secure mental facility numerous times, even used the ECHR as a loophole to freedom the day he killed her.

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
If I was Boris I would stay away from the Trump playbook ... it's not working out very well for Trump!!

God, I really hope he's gone for good and takes all his nutcase disciples with him.
---"
I heard someone this morning ( Chris Bryant I think ) say that if Johnson stands as a candidate and gets re-elected as an MP the sanctions would still be in place - presumably because he slunk off this time - which would mean a potential recall and a by election.

Officedoor123

VIP Member

Just looked this up, not sure I remember it actually. The Mirror doesnt show a picture of her or a name, but the Evening Standard names her and shows a picture. Desperately sad. It doesnt say the guy went on to stab other people.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Question Time was good tonight . Feel like I need to watch it again as I wasn't fully concentrating as I'm tired. Why have it on so late🤷
George Freeman (Conservative) - at last a decent, reasonable minister.
I got the impression the audience think Labour is woke and I laughed when an audience member said something like "we don't pay you to be "offended" but to debate in parliament"
Also laughed when one of the panel recognised his vicar who was complaining about wokeism.
Yes, I really need to watch it again when I'm more awake. 😄