Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
'Charlotte' has a suspiciously strong jawline. Just saying. No, but really ... REALLY? I've got a 2:1 in History and Politics can I get in the Lords? Answers on a postcard ... :LOL:
Isnt the current thinking that she’s either one of his children or has been providing him with special services? Bearing in mind it’s him it seems that either are a fair bet. As I’m fairly certain who my dad is I don’t think the idea of becoming Lady Begotten of Tattle would be worth the horizontal sacrifice.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I wonder whether the Just Stop Oil will lay down on the Silverstone track today whilst the race is in progress? Considering how much it costs to get into the complex for the Grand Prix they will not want their campaign to go flat..no matter how tyresome their behaviours are.

Just seen that game old lady showering the grisly newlywed Osbornes with orange confetti....Sign her up for Celeb BB!
Of all the 'sport' that needs disruption it's F1 ... but don't get me going on, nobody wants to hear me rant. :LOL: About the only thing worth watching is Martin Brundles gridwalk where he has no idea who the 'celebrity' he is talking to actually is.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
It would get very complicated paying back, and some people who classed themselves as due reparations might find that they too had to cough up for what their ancestors did.
The history of slavery is fascinating and the British involvement in it has its own surprises.

monga

VIP Member
And I was born in England. Still have dual citizenship though because one of my parents has EU citizenship.

If he's 31 and his parents only got European citizenship in 2006 he'd have been 14ish. But he's lived in the UK since he was 7? So presumably a least one of his parents have Portuguese citizenship. They could have this if they were born before 1974 (when G-B gained independence) but only under certain circumstances.

Indefinite leave to remain and settled status are two different things. If he has settled status he had EU citizenship. It's a very specific thing.
If they lived in Portugal before Brexit took hold wouldn’t they be able to come to the UK that way ?
I have duel citizenship but don’t hold a British passport.I’m assuming he got settled status through his parents it’s unlikely they’d kick out their kids and let the parents stay.

Last edited:

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
No nads, you being fucking awful was why you were blocked. Nothing to do with what you were born into.

So tedious those of all different persuasions reaching for something 🙄
View attachment 2236915
I don't know what's happened but sir Lindsay Hoyles background or status didn't stop him in his career. Maybe because she's a real conservative? I don't think the Tories like those.

monga

VIP Member
Is it a thing that some people really cant pronounce "ing" and say "in" instead? I went right off Beth when she attended Kay Burley's birthday party in lockdown, but her inability to pronounce the "ing" on the end of words is annoying - annoyin
That’s basically a NI accent, you’d hate it here 😂
---
IMG_3748.jpeg

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Interestingly, the migrant boat got more coverage *at first*. My mum mentioned five people getting lost in the ocean on Saturday and I thought 'what's she on about? I've only heard about the migrants."

neroli

VIP Member
It's pretty common for a spouse to introduce their partner at these sorts of things too right? I remember Michelle Obama did back in the day when Obama won the Dem nomination. It's silly. But these party conferences always are.
The warm-up was going to be Dan Wootton but Suella put her foot/heel down.

monga

VIP Member
Couldn't agree more. Cruella Braverman is something else. I can't even imagine what she's like in the real world.
---

The big Sainsburys near me had no tomatoes or peppers whatsoever on Sunday.
---

I really hope they come to my door. I'll be genuinely fascinated to see how they put their pitch across.
Maybe it’s because we’re in the single market? Ours definitely have them I bought some today, there’s no quota either. I believe the truckers don’t want to drive to the UK as they’re 77 hr checks.

Officedoor123

VIP Member
Adding insult to injury is just how lame this all is. Breaking the rules to spend time with colleagues???

My colleagues are actually quite fun but if I was going to risk trouble it wouldn't be with them! 😆

I guess it speaks volumes of the comraderie needed and expected in politics. Most of us were happy for a break from colleagues while they thought it was worth ruining their reputation for Sally in HR.
They were probably breaking rules with everyone they knew.

kev1974

VIP Member
I meant to post last week but WTF at this child who's been elected in Selby and Ainsty?

How do the local businesses, families, OAPs expect this guy who's only ever had one job (which was in politics) to understand and represent them?

Madness, but seems like he got in just because all the usual tory voters didn't turn up as they're disenfranchised by Sunak and co.

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
I actually think the more interesting thing about this is the furore surrounding the suspect being a West African migrant and the relative silence now it turns out he's a Portuguese citizen with settled status through the EU settlement scheme.

The heavy reporting on his victims vs the way other (just as important) victims of other backgrounds are reported on is depressing, but really not at all surprising. They tick a lot of the 'worthy' victim boxes that others don't. It's not fair and it shouldn't be the case but I've no idea how we can change it.
It's been days now and they've only established his real identity? FFS 🤦‍♀️

Yel

Chatty Member
Isabelle has done the nation a favour in providing evidence as to what an odious lying shyster Matt Hancock was during the pandemic.
Matt claims they have already been "made available" to the inquiry

20230302_083742.jpg
20230302_083745.jpg

I don't think oakeshott is coming across well at all in her interviews. She looks like a tit saying he sent a menacing message, then refusing say what it said. Only for Matt to say it the next day the 3 word message.