Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Reparations would cost trillions - that would bankrupt the country.
Exactly. Which is why they don't want to do it. Not because it's inappropriate or imbalanced. But oh well, you reap what you sow.
---
I am currently writing to dignitaries in every Scandinavian nation about possible recompense, regarding the enslavement of my Pictish ancestors in the 9th Century.
Have at it.

Last edited:

monga

VIP Member
Realistically if we covered all the crimes that have ever happened we’d have very little time for other news. A lot of the incidents which are covered are often covered because they’re particularly shocking or unusual, but the narrative around the victims does show the wider social views

With Nottingham, I have personally seen the most about the white male student (I understand others may have different experiences with this) and the focus on their class/wealth seems significant to me too - if these were lower income/class people would we be hearing as much or would more of the focus be on the suspect?
Rubbish! The young girl has had equal coverage, she’s also from a privileged background.

LadyMuck

VIP Member
Isn't she the first Leader of a party in uk arrested? Since Jeremy Thorpe?

ETA. She's been released without charge

neroli

VIP Member
Spot on, no political party is really in power, I think this day and age of politicians are particularly bad, nothing will change whoever is in charge.
I reckon that slain Sycamore Gap tree has more voting power than any Party.. Green shoots and all that...and Gemma Collins Is Still Very Upset about it.

What a shower...

monga

VIP Member
So you read me type this:

And still responded:

Interesting.
I don’t understand what point you were making to begin with? It wouldn’t be realistic to hold vigils for every murder victim regardless of race, you quoted me by implying I assumed racial minorities = gangs ,what is it you want me to say??

monga

VIP Member
You clearly thought it was important when you pointed it out…Why did Theresa May want to leave the ECHR ?

monga

VIP Member
That might have been a reasonable explanation in this case if you had any evidence at all that the individual in question fell into this category. You tried hard to find it or at least you indulged in wild and ill-informed speculation about his immigration status and criminal history in order to link him to these issues. Without success.
---

I was only going on reports in the media that the attacker had experienced mental health problems in the past. That may of course be untrue which is why I was careful to make that qualification. What does appear clear is that the case provides no support whatsoever for those trying to link it to their stance on asylum claimants, illegal immigrants, deportation of criminals etc and only 'helps' those who oppose any sort of immigration at all.
I’m not trying to link him to anything I was speculating like everyone else on here, same as you put it down to MH when he was remanded to prison and not a MH facility as is usually the case in diminished responsibility..It seems to be you that’s intent in linking my posts to this individual when I’m simply generalising .
---
Absolutely nothing... Except the fact he's said to be a drug dealer, which is a crime.
And an outstanding charge of attacking a police officer ( 2021) which’s he’ll stand trial for later this month I believe.

Last edited:

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
So leaked WhatsApp messages ahead of the Conservative Party conference reveal that the 'grassroots' Conservative Democratic Organisation want to oust Sunak because the current government is not right-wing enough.
Were the messages deliberately leaked? Or really leaked? It's mad, Labour are turning into Tories, the Tories are turning into the National Front, and the Lib Dems are .... well, the Lib Dems. :ROFLMAO:

monga

VIP Member
How is this at all relevant to him committing a crime though?
I didn’t say it was relevant to him ? it seems you’ve been sucked into to the usual suspect trying to twist my posts .
---
There is no mention of MH if he’s fit to stand trial
IMG_5889.jpeg

neroli

VIP Member
Career criminals are now headhunted by the Home Office. Suella needs some fresh ideas and strategies.
---
Re career criminals..Boris is standing down as an MP

Last edited: