Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

neroli

VIP Member
Aaah.. Johnson spoke His Truth and believed wholeheartedly in the words which issued from his mouth so unbelievably unfair and incorrect to call him A (Serial) Liar. He is just far too intelligent so massively misunderstood by mere plebs.

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Happy Lady

VIP Member
Any source for that quote?

All the papers have said he said “cut to the chase and give them the planes” nothing about giving them all of our planes which would be very different. Although the quote could be open to some interpretation.

Oh crikey it's a while ago now. Let me see if it's on line anywhere. I read the Daily Express and Mr HL The Times so it must have been in one of those. Give me a mo to look.

Edit for @Yel
---
Screenshot_20230223-134806.png

Last edited:

HelloStereo

VIP Member
yes i'll be watching all the results, My area of Gedling atm is mainly Labour except for the bit I live. So hoping for the best as all they do is post pictures having a Coffee in local cafes.
The bit that helped me with Mum was the Environment and the way Tom Randall voted against free school meals being extended etc
I hope it goes your way! Tom Randall looks like a mini Rees-Mogg clone.

• Haha

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I've never known so many election knocks on my door. I ignored them all. They even came round banging on election day. Probably to make sure we'd voted (for them).

Merpedy

VIP Member
diminished responsibility
The conditions for this are usually very hard to meet when it comes to mental health - which people don't seem to fully understand. It doesn't change the fact that his poor mental health could have contributed to the situation occurring. If anything it sounds like he's been falling off the rails for a while now, you don't go from high achieving to this without a reason

I'd say that a lack of reporting on the terrorism aspect now would suggest that it's not judged to be a strong motive, but this could also be the media playing into common stereotypes. May be a different story if he was a muslim

I was speculating like everyone else on here
It's clear that your speculation was trying to suggest or find a way in which the suspect or his family would have been deemed to be illegal/undocumented/unknown even though it was confirmed very early on that he was here legally by The Telegraph. His immigration status has little to do with this, and really would have had little to do with this to begin with

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Boris Johnson's birthday is the same day as the parliamentary vote? Beautiful. If only the Tories weren't chickening out, he would be getting the present he deserves.

neroli

VIP Member
Right so now we know who the BBC presenter is, perhaps we can get back to some answers from Osborne, and also where the feck is Johnson's phone, hmm?
I reckon it's tucked away at the back of Mad Nad's lingerie drawer..

Let's face it..an amateur hacker could break into that phone easily.

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
I see. We don't have that ability at my local GP or I've never been told about it. That's another issue. There isn't the same access across the country.
Yeah that is an issue. It isn't consistent across the country. I was just surprised to hear that people are waiting weeks for a GP appt. But according to some on here, including yourself, it seems to be a legit problem.

Yel

Chatty Member
Fucking hell they're continuing with this campaign and doubling down 🤯.

Isn't sir Keir more to blame for these stats with his previous job anyway? There's a way to give a message without this signing nonsense that you'd expect of ukip or similar.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
It's tasteless that some councils spent up to £180k on this, just a month after asking people to pay more council tax for the same or worse services than last year.
I think our county council announced they were having a pay-rise freeze sometime back (after years of above inflation pay rises) ... it was as if we should all be out on our door step clapping or something. :rolleyes:

monga

VIP Member
You’re right - perhaps the wrong term used in this instance, but still. People can come to this country, integrate and still keep strong ties to their community.
---

I think you’re committed to missing the point. Context always matters.
No ,not missing it at all …Moth knows exactly what he’s about !

Yel

Chatty Member
This seems like great news for the UK to bring in billions. But the timing doesn't seem great with Rishi meeting Macron tomorrow and those in France annoyed that their deal was torpedoed. Or maybe he'll be more concerned about the national protests.

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
Didn’t read the DM link but looked for the story elsewhere and a little confused as to why Birbalsingh has deduced that it was a racist pile on? Birbalsingh has enough examples of her being an arse that surely it might just be because she’s thoroughly unlikeable. I also thought tweeting Tina Turner with Ike was in bad taste too, fwiw.
From what I read the head mistress was coming from the angle that the labour party/Jess Phillips want black/ethnic people to be or feel victimised. She's feels like a commodity, used by the labour party to achieve their objectives and she feels that's racist.