Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Apparently Kwami laughed all the way through the Queen’s funeral. He reminds me more and more of a village idiot every time I see him. Completely and utterly away with the fairies, but then you’d have to be to shag Liz wouldn’t you?

• Angry
Reactions: 8

MissHavisham

VIP Member
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming CX means chancellor?
Yes it means Chancellor. And it doesn't sound like he's going to last much longer. This is a self-inflicted crisis like no other. I'm interested to see what the mood at the Tory party conference will be like...

qwikti

Chatty Member
This has me absolutely dying, I clicked thinking it was just a joke caption, but not even 🤣

He's thinking to himself 'I've spent my career fighting for trees that have more sense than you, but here we go...'

Given that the poor old Queen packed it in after seeing Liz, there's a pattern forming. What's the opposite of the Midas touch? The Truss touch? Someone keep an eye on Charles now that he's met her...

• Haha

mindlessness

VIP Member
Where is the PM is trending on twitter apparently. A good question. I'm surprised she's not fronted up to do a radio or tv interview to defend the budget? Or maybe they know she wouldn't be able to (none of them are it seems!)

EasterEggs

Chatty Member
So Liz hasn’t bothered to talk to Sturgeon or Drakeford since she’s been PM, not off to a good start.

Hot_Dogs_Or_Toes

Chatty Member
Yep. I don't get it
People are stupid. Lots of voters vote solely on emotion and for populist reasons so if they see someone they like as a person e.g. Boris they will vote for them. It's like the Trump supporters effect in America. Trump could probably go around literally slapping his dick in people's faces and they would simply thank him for doing so and vote for him again.

• Haha

Blueblue123

VIP Member
I get that but it's her private life. We don't know how her couple is, if they agree on seing other people. It's their problem.
As long as it is between consenting adults and no public money is involved obviously.
Tbf people used Boris Johnson's personal life against him. Said how can he be trusted if he's a serial cheater, can't even admit to how many kids he has and is likely an absent father? Don't see why Truss can't be held to the same standards.

qwikti

Chatty Member
At this point, it's so clear the Tories are just here to line their pockets one last time before it's truly over for them, because their days are numbered.

I'd tell the 10 Downing Street staff keep an eye on Liz Truss come general election day, because with the way she's been acting, I wouldn't be surprised if she and the rest of those money hungry thugs ransacked the place of everything of worth for one last cash-in while they've got the chance.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
These times I envy the American two term limit, especially since Tories extended terms to five years.

I get every leader wants to make their mark but it's nonsensical for Truss to go back on so many of the 2019 proposals. We didn't even get to vote for her so the least she can do is cause minimal disruption.

And the Tories might fool some people by blaming Labour for certain policies but how effective of a party can you claim to be if 12 years isn't long enough to fix "Labour's mistakes"? If they manage to win the next election somehow, they'll be referring to policies from nearly two decades ago...???

Glitz

Damian Green is spouting that the retired should go back to work yes that would be wonderful if you were going to live for ever there’s a few forty year olds who should go now!
What on earth? Unemployment is already at its lowest level ever. There will always be people that can't or don't need to work.
If anything, we should be bringing forward the retirement age to free up skilled jobs for younger people and so grandparents can help more with childcare!

FogOfWar

Out of interest, do former PMs get lifetime perks like former Presidents in France ? I ask only because at this rate we’re going to have to give them to every Tory MP.

• Haha

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
The rain at downing street!!
Given the fact that our new Prime Minister is Liz Truss, they’re lucky it’s only rain. I wouldn’t have been surprised to see the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse galloping along Downing Street, followed by a plague of locusts and Godzilla.

• Haha