UK Literary Luvvies #2 Vital reading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly! And my original post which didn’t post said Enid blyton language haha. It’s funny to hear an American talk about haversacks and jerseys
I rather enjoy her content, probably because of the Blyton overtone, but I do sometimes wonder how they afford it all! Though lots of the holidays are free for writing jobs. She also seems to hang out with Skye McAlpine and that crowd.

Reactions: 2
What’s our new thread title gang? :)
---
Tagliatelle in a little place or Not Good (Reading) Material

• Haha
Reactions: 8
---
Tagliatelle in a little place 🤣👍🏻
---
I rather enjoy her content, probably because of the Blyton overtone, but I do sometimes wonder how they afford it all! Though lots of the holidays are free for writing jobs. She also seems to hang out with Skye McAlpine and that crowd.
Think the husband is very high up in Google. And from the write up of their wedding - both families are bleeping loaded

Reactions: 3
There’s actually so many possibilities for titles on this thread haha
“Buy your own tit Pandora”
“I probably won’t read this one after struggling through Ghosts”

• Haha
Reactions: 11
There’s actually so many possibilities for titles on this thread haha
“Buy your own tit Pandora”
“I probably won’t read this one after struggling through Ghosts”
I like “buy your own tit Pandora”

Will she actually “self-gift” herself a Bella Freud suit?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
---
can I nominate "Logistical reasons mean the only recommendations I have are Greek cleaning products“

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Omg does anything actually happen in either of dolly’s books? This. Is. So. Boring! If I was a novelist I would at least try and think of something vaguely interesting to include in the plot to break up the monotony of it being about a bloke being sad about a breakup?

• Haha
Omg does anything actually happen in either of dolly’s books? This. Is. So. Boring! If I was a novelist I would at least try and think of something vaguely interesting to include in the plot to break up the monotony of it being about a bloke being sad about a breakup?
If plot spoilers from anyone put under a spoiler warning please
Yeah it's meant to be like a stream of consciousness I think but Dolly's such a one trick pony :)

Reactions: 1
I kept thinking something shocking was going to come out at the end when we hear from Jen's perspective. She could've made a really good twist here IMO flipping the relationship POV but it was so underwhelming!

I kept thinking something shocking was going to come out at the end when we hear from Jen's perspective. She could've made a really good twist here IMO flipping the relationship POV but it was so underwhelming!
I really want to discuss book but feel we should put spoilers once I can figure out how.

• Heart
I don’t know whether it’s because I’m “reading” it via audiobook or what, but I just feel so baffled by the whole absence of a storyline. Maybe I’m drifting off without realising and missing bits? I did randomly realise he’d moved in with an old man and I don’t even recall how that happened.

I don’t think Andy feels believable as a comedian, there could’ve been some hints of him being naturally funny or witty but I’m really not getting that at all.

I did quite like the takedown of Gen Z when he’s talking to those girls at a bar, I haven’t got further than that yet.

I don’t know whether it’s because I’m “reading” it via audiobook or what, but I just feel so baffled by the whole absence of a storyline. Maybe I’m drifting off without realising and missing bits? I did randomly realise he’d moved in with an old man and I don’t even recall how that happened.

I don’t think Andy feels believable as a comedian, there could’ve been some hints of him being naturally funny or witty but I’m really not getting that at all.

I did quite like the takedown of Gen Z when he’s talking to those girls at a bar, I haven’t got further than that yet.
Haha I was waiting for you to quote. I agree and the reason you were confused about the old man move was that it made no sense. He saw an advert, phone him then went to the storage depot and got all his stuff without going to look around the house first which WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.

• Haha
Haha I was waiting for you to quote. I agree and the reason you were confused about the old man move was that it made no sense. He saw an advert, phone him then went to the storage depot and got all his stuff without going to look around the house first which WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.
I haven’t read it but it’s obvious Dolly has never been in a house share that isn’t just with her closest friends 😂 relatable millennial..

I saw Otegha has 10k+ subscribers on her Substack. Assuming all or most of them are paid subscribers (I think she only started offering free subscriptions recently), does this mean she's raking in tens of thousands of pounds for her monthly posts of things to buy!?

I saw Otegha has 10k+ subscribers on her Substack. Assuming all or most of them are paid subscribers (I think she only started offering free subscriptions recently), does this mean she's raking in tens of thousands of pounds for her monthly posts of things to buy!?
No you can still read it for free. Just certain posts are locked if you're not a subscriber.

I really hope not - her writing really isn't all that.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.