UK Literary Luvvies #2 Vital reading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where do fashiony journo types go when they can no longer afford London? Margate? I presume Brighton is also too £££.

Reactions: 5
How is Dolly affording to rent in London? I’ve signalled her out as Othega seems super savvy with cash, Pandora’s married, Scarlett Curtis will have her rent paid by her dad etc 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Dolly, for how weak and repetitive her material is, has several big selling books, podcasts, column and tv adaption. And the odd live show. I thought in a recent article she had bought. Not that surprising.

Reactions: 6
Dolly, for how weak and repetitive her material is, has several big selling books, podcasts, column and tv adaption. And the odd live show. I thought in a recent article she had bought. Not that surprising.
Bringing in how much per month?! It's only EIKAL that sells well surely. The podcast, column etc will pay peanuts, the TV adaption no one will buy or re-watch sorry

Oh has she bought? Good for her then :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Dolly definitely owns her own place. She's arguably the most successful of the literary luvvies with a comfortable familial safety net. I imagine she's coping.

Plus Dolly's parents aren't short a few bob to help with a deposit? She went to Rugby for sixth form ffs.

Which of course she always plays down with 'boring suburban upbringing' etc.
---
Edit: looked up fees, over £15k a term. So for those two years would have been more than £90k.

... and this is why she is a LL!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Bingo.

Don’t know where that house is in London but most bay fronted 1930s semis (or is this one a terrace) have to be in the region of £750k?
It’s all relative as she’ll need to stay in the same area for schooling and will be hit by stamp duty.

It’s all relative as she’ll need to stay in the same area for schooling and will be hit by stamp duty.
Not sure if allowed to say here but according to companies house she’s still running everything from what looks like her ex’s house.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Plus Dolly's parents aren't short a few bob to help with a deposit? She went to Rugby for sixth form ffs.

Which of course she always plays down with 'boring suburban upbringing' etc.
---
Edit: looked up fees, over £15k a term. So for those two years would have been more than £90k.

... and this is why she is a LL!
Wow. A term fees is 1k less than my dad’s annual salary at the same time and he was supporting a family of 6 kids. She’s v relatable.

Sorry for double posting but I read an interview with Caroline o D the other day where she talked about her daily work schedule (as all writers must) and he schedule works out to be four hours of work a day. I’m so jealous!!!!!!!!! Then she walks the dog and gets a latte. At least she is honest about it whereas according to Panda, she works from 8-6 every day.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Sorry for double posting but I read an interview with Caroline o D the other day where she talked about her daily work schedule (as all writers must) and he schedule works out to be four hours of work a day. I’m so jealous!!!!!!!!! Then she walks the dog and gets a latte. At least she is honest about it whereas according to Panda, she works from 8-6 every day.
Caroline has also written 6 books and Pandora has written 1 book of essays and "edited" a collection where everyone else did the work. Take from that what you will 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
What do you guys think of Kate Sawyer? I quite like her books and podcast but wish she would keep photos of her child off social media. She's not really in the LL set but maybe wishes she was!

If I recall to be fair her parents scrimped and saved for private school, but yeah still 😂 she’s becoming such a joke
I HATE this justification for private school -
'yeh but my parents worked really hard / it was a second rate private school/i was on scholarship.'

Whatever, you are still massively massively privileged and that should be acknowledged.

Reactions: 24
Has she bought it and flipped it, so now selling for a good profit? Or did she buy it and just can’t sustain the running costs? Such a shame if it’s the latter.
She bought it for 930 so must be trying to recoup her costs. She’s changed it a lot but tbh it’s a very acquired taste. Fine if you’re going to live there

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.