UK Literary Luvvies #2 Vital reading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She does fashion so much better than Dolly though...which is sad 'cos Dolly tries so painfully hard.

Reactions: 6
I think it’s easy to be a fashion girlie when you have Panda’s build. Frail looking blondes are rarely out of fashion.

Reactions: 26
Yeah that suit is actually the kind of thing Dolly would wear but it wouldn’t look good on her/me as she isn’t stick thin. There’s nothing wrong with her build at all, she has a lovely figure! But she’s not a clothes hanger.

She’d actually look lovely in like an off the shoulder classic bombshell dress rather than these edgier looks she does

Reactions: 2
She must be so uncomfortable after the show after contorting herself for an hour so she doesn't flash the audience

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Remember guys, Elizabeth Day hates it when people are smug on social media….

cue endless eye rolls

also the hair is SO tragic. Like someone’s just chopped a ponytail off.

Late to this post, what FORTY FIVE year old woman cares enough to post about their birthday 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I cant figure out if this thread or the Primrose Hill Gang thread is right for this, but has anyone else seen a bunch of these sorts had an orient express trip? Alexa Chung, Jack Guinness, Pixie Geldolf et al. I presume a free trip for all of them but there’s very little properly declaring the trip as an ad. Just one of Chung’s posts has paid partnership labelling.

Then Laura Jackson has had a free trial on the Pullman train and chucked a #pressinvite on the end of the post which I don’t think meets ASA requirements?

it often seems like the socialite adjacent and lovvie sorts rather resent having to adhere to something as boring as ad regulations like all the influencers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I cant figure out if this thread or the Primrose Hill Gang thread is right for this, but has anyone else seen a bunch of these sorts had an orient express trip? Alexa Chung, Jack Guinness, Pixie Geldolf et al. I presume a free trip for all of them but there’s very little properly declaring the trip as an ad. Just one of Chung’s posts has paid partnership labelling.

Then Laura Jackson has had a free trial on the Pullman train and chucked a #pressinvite on the end of the post which I don’t think meets ASA requirements?

it often seems like the socialite adjacent and lovvie sorts rather resent having to adhere to something as boring as ad regulations like all the influencers.
Not really for here as they’re not literary but not really Primrose Hill either? Maybe we should start an 00s gang thread. There’s a lot of millennials on this thread and I sometimes feel too young for the Primrose Hill one as I was in nappies in their heyday :)

You can have some replies here though as we’re nearly at the end of the thread :)

Reactions: 9
Not really for here as they’re not literary but not really Primrose Hill either? Maybe we should start an 00s gang thread. There’s a lot of millennials on this thread and I sometimes feel too young for the Primrose Hill one as I was in nappies in their heyday :)

You can have some replies here though as we’re nearly at the end of the thread :)
I would happily join a 00s thread :p
I reckon the people that get offered those kinds of press trips feel like they're being given personal gifts/favours to just drop in and keep it very 'low key' as they know the PR people, who are often just as rich and part of those gangs anyway, so they don't ever think too critically about needing to declare it as an ad - which is all by design and doesn't excuse it at all!

Reactions: 6
I never understand what the deal is with Laura Jackson honestly...
Laura Jackson has her own thread. I veer between really liking her and finding the whole relatable schtick disingenuous. Another one who did up their house and became an overnight interiors expert.

Belmond gifts a lot to the London “cool set”. Portia Freeman and Pete Denton went the other year and I can’t imagine their influence was really that impressive or the correct audience for the product.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone follow Jo Rodgers? She takes literary luvvie to a whole new level although she isn’t part of the set

I may have speculated about this before but does anyone else think Dolly borrowed heavily from her friend Sara Pascoe and her break up with John Robbins ? There are a few character quirks that made me think about John (who is so lovely and who I love) like being quite dry, drinking a lot (not anymore for John R who quit drinking last year ) and revelling in the past. He anlso refers to the Dance floor as the ‘d floor’ which is v much something JR would say. Also the cross fit thing. It’s all a mash up I realise. She wrote about her eating disorder and has said how she is v nostalgic but it all made me feel quite protective of john. Seemed quite exposing. Might be reaching.

I may have speculated about this before but does anyone else think Dolly borrowed heavily from her friend Sara Pascoe and her break up with John Robbins ? There are a few character quirks that made me think about John (who is so lovely and who I love) like being quite dry, drinking a lot (not anymore for John R who quit drinking last year ) and revelling in the past. He anlso refers to the Dance floor as the ‘d floor’ which is v much something JR would say. Also the cross fit thing. It’s all a mash up I realise. She wrote about her eating disorder and has said how she is v nostalgic but it all made me feel quite protective of john. Seemed quite exposing. Might be reaching.
I haven’t read the book but I can tell if the main character is dry, sardonic and literary (playwright) he’s probs a manifestation of Dolly’s dream man. She knows as well as we do how thick and scruffy men in their twenties and thirties are 😂 that personality type does NOT represent the typical man who’s out there

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Does anyone follow Jo Rodgers? She takes literary luvvie to a whole new level although she isn’t part of the set
Is she the American in the UK living out her Enid Blyton fantasies? Used to follow years ago but had to stop as she was too annoying.

• Haha
Is she the American in the UK living out her Enid Blyton fantasies? Used to follow years ago but had to stop as she was too annoying.
Exactly! And my original post which didn’t post said Enid blyton language haha. It’s funny to hear an American talk about haversacks and jerseys

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Not sure if you know but there's a PCD group in the rave thread in case you want to join us :) x

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.