UK Literary Luvvies #2 Vital reading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's so dezzo to be an influencer...
It’s kind of weird with Othega because she writes a lot of polemics on quite heavy topics like finance and race issues but then does the whole ‘Ooh here are my designer influencer freebies’ so I never really know what to make of her :)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I mean, I get it. But yeah, awkward.

View attachment 2188055
Didn’t realise Lucy put together the whole trip herself to exclude black women.
Genuinely do they think posts like this will get them invited next time?
reminds me of the drama around the Tarte F1 trip to Miami. There are far bigger issues facing POC women than not getting invited on an influencer trip.

Reactions: 9
Didn’t realise Lucy put together the whole trip herself to exclude black women.
Genuinely do they think posts like this will get them invited next time?
reminds me of the drama around the Tarte F1 trip to Miami. There are far bigger issues facing POC women than not getting invited on an influencer trip.
It’s a terrible oversight to leave out Black influencers from this trip, but it’s hardly Lucy’s fault.

Reactions: 9
Otegha often seems a little aggressive on socials, so not really a surprise.

Reactions: 4
I agree they’re going after the wrong person, but I do think it’s good that Otegha’s pointed out the hypocrisy of Lucy‘s BLM stories. It shines a light on a bigger picture, about how much of the support was performative.

And sure, an influencer trip isn’t a big deal, but these things add up.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Agree, I do love that she's pointing out the hypocrisy of these influencers supporting BLM. It never goes any deeper than that though. She's still very much part of the influencer bubble whether she likes it or not.

Reactions: 8
Yep, she's totally right to call it out. There are so many influencers who swore to be better allies in light of BLM and have done literally nothing since posting a black square with a heartfelt caption. Sure, Lucy didn't put together the Mango press trip but the point is people like her are in a position of privilege where, if they really want to be better allies, they can call out the lack of diversity.

It never goes any deeper than that though. She's still very much part of the influencer bubble whether she likes it or not.
Agree. Like @soph30 said, I don't really know what to make of her.

Reactions: 13
FWIW, pretty sure Amis wouldn't give Dolly the time of day...

View attachment 2188731
Dolly does seem like a genuine, not performative, reader to be fair. But yeah she’s not as clever about the human condition as she thinks, she really thinks her observations are Martin Amis level but with a cool millenial sheen 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Actually can't deal with this level of cringe. I guess she thinks it makes her look cool or fun or something, IDK...

Screenshot_20230523-101352.png

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.