UK Literary Luvvies #2 Vital reading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have nothing to say about this apart from you can probably estimate my level of eye roll...

Screenshot_20230601-051634.png

Screenshot_20230601-051657.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I actually don't mind Otegha but that first tweet made me cringe sooooo hard.

Also, name literally one actual "literary novel" written by someone who a) shook their arse on a yacht and b) put it on the gram because we all know it doesn't count otherwise

Reactions: 6
It would be funnier if she’d actually ever written a literary novel but like all the LLs she hasn’t 😂

• Haha
Eye roll for the tweet, just post the pic of your arse (which in fairness is a great arse) without first having to qualify it. I don’t know her work but get the impression she is taken fairly seriously so why no just live that life and be the change etc

Reactions: 5
Also it’s arse not ass in the UK, thought she was meant to be literary 😆 🍑

• Haha
Reactions: 12
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
W H Smith has partnered with author and broadcaster Dawn O’Porter to launch ‘Dawn Loves’ recommended reads.

The five novels hand-picked by O’Porter are Love Marriage by Monica Ali (Virago), Yinka, Where Is Your Husband? by Lizzie Damilola Blackburn (Viking) Girl A by Abigail Dean (HarperCollins), Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus (Doubleday) and Cleopatra and Frankenstein by Coco Mellors (Fourth Estate).

JUST what you have been missing in your life, right?
Groundbreaking :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
W H Smith has partnered with author and broadcaster Dawn O’Porter to launch ‘Dawn Loves’ recommended reads.

The five novels hand-picked by O’Porter are Love Marriage by Monica Ali (Virago), Yinka, Where Is Your Husband? by Lizzie Damilola Blackburn (Viking) Girl A by Abigail Dean (HarperCollins), Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus (Doubleday) and Cleopatra and Frankenstein by Coco Mellors (Fourth Estate).

I like her dress sense, but her books are not very good. I don’t know how Dawn gets gigs like this.

Reactions: 5

They’re all a bit old news books? Yinka was a bit of a press fave like a year ago and Chemistry was a thing about three months ago. Hardly hot literary picks 😂

Lessons In Chemistry is perhaps the worst book I have ever read. I hated it. I hated every page.

It's twee, pseudo-clever, really poorly written, full of detestable characters... no wonder Dawn picked it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve actually thought the same..?

She flaunts a lot of designer clothes, expensive items and holidays etc on socials but it’s really unclear how’s she’s funding or what PR is funding that lifestyle.

I usually wouldn’t care but given she wrote a whole book called ‘We Need to Talk About Money’ it feels a bit disingenuous…

Attachments

Reactions: 4
I wonder how many emails Elizabeth Day has sent to Phil Schofield's PR team begging him to come on the podcast to ✨share his truth✨

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I wonder how many emails Elizabeth Day has sent to Phil Schofield's PR team begging him to come on the podcast to ✨share his truth✨
Well done on her for getting that tbh! But yeah bet there was some strategy involved

Oh he's not on the podcast as far as I know, I can just imagine her trying;)
Oh sorry I thought you were saying he was 😂

I don’t really like the podcast, she doesn’t ask incisive questions. I’d like to see Othega do a similar one- not a huge fan but she has a sharper tongue

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.