UK Literary Luvvies #2 Vital reading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think it’s fair to keep guessing as she can’t confirm 😂
I kind of think Dolly but ‘books’ suggests loads and she only has three
She did bring it up though! And this is a gossip site.
Either way, I'm glad OP won that particular skirmish, whoever it was.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I know it’s silly but Caroline’s ad read voice and the way she says her own name as just a string of carananaodonohan mumbles does my nut in. She keeps popping up on the ads of other podcasts nauseatingly wanging on about a Mugler fragrance and I can’t skip past quickly enough. I do dip into SG because I’m a sucker for nostalgia but I couldn’t binge it in the same way I could a lot of other podcasts.

• Haha
I know it’s silly but Caroline’s ad read voice and the way she says her own name as just a string of carananaodonohan mumbles does my nut in. She keeps popping up on the ads of other podcasts nauseatingly wanging on about a Mugler fragrance and I can’t skip past quickly enough. I do dip into SG because I’m a sucker for nostalgia but I couldn’t binge it in the same way I could a lot of other podcasts.
The edit of that ad is so bad as well 🙈

I’m amazed she gets adverts where she does the VO. It’s awful. Like she is being held at gunpoint. Either accept the ad and do it properly or don’t. It feels like she is too cool and indie (in her head) to be doing them.

Reactions: 4
Rooney doesn’t write commercial fic though! Suspect crime genre since Brit TV only seems to adapt that.

I am fascinated by the random things Otegha gets up to these days. Hanging out with the US Ambassador’s wife?! “Curating and hosting” dinner for a sunglasses brand?!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
No idea who reps the brand but the ROI on that event?! I mean, not a single pic of glasses on any stories, at all. 🙄👀🤔🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 4
because as we all know, English people do not really enjoy drinking
I’m re-reading Dolly’s memoir at the moment. Thanks to my own terrible boozy years and kids and age (???) I can now re- read books like a first read because I remember feck all.

Her boozing is still shocking second time around. I was little better in my 20s but I get the sense she is still pretty boozy. But yes, yuk at the ‘Irish and likes a drink’. I already want him to dump the snooty so and so.

Oh nearly forgot, I’m the process of re reading EIKAL I started googling dolly pics to try to find one of her with a Mohawk. I was unsuccesful but found this pic and was occupied for ages trying to figure out if the lady in blue dolly? I don’t want to drag her or whoever it is, it just looks so different to her other pics
265B3E37-D6A2-4E69-8366-6ACF7392C8D3.png
265B3E37-D6A2-4E69-8366-6ACF7392C8D3.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m re-reading Dolly’s memoir at the moment. Thanks to my own terrible boozy years and kids and age (???) I can now re- read books like a first read because I remember feck all.

Her boozing is still shocking second time around. I was little better in my 20s but I get the sense she is still pretty boozy. But yes, yuk at the ‘Irish and likes a drink’. I already want him to dump the snooty so and so.

Oh nearly forgot, I’m the process of re reading EIKAL I started googling dolly pics to try to find one of her with a Mohawk. I was unsuccesful but found this pic and was occupied for ages trying to figure out if the lady in blue dolly? I don’t want to drag her or whoever it is, it just looks so different to her other picsView attachment 2181208View attachment 2181208.
No no the pic is mislabelled. Trinny isn’t there either! Lady in blue is skincare guru Caroline Hirons

Reactions: 13
No no the pic is mislabelled. Trinny isn’t there either! Lady in blue is skincare guru Caroline Hirons
[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I was so confused and kept thinking - it can’t be!

Otegha calling out Mango for not including any Black influencers on the trip. I understand what she's saying but come on, she'd be the first to snap up a free luxurious trip from Mango when she makes no secret about loving designer gear and shopping Net a Porter. The whole "press trip" schtick needs to die anyway. There's no place for disingenuous influencers flaunting wealth when the country is struggling with the cost of living.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.