UK General Election 2024 #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Boo - you can't even have a Red Bull or something to keep you up! Maybe you could go to bed early and get up really early the next day as the exciting results are coming through
Emily Matlis has a cheats guide - stay up for the exit poll at 10pm and then stay up and wait for Sunderland/Newcastle as they usually declare by about 11:30pm. Then sleep til about 3am as the results will be coming in thick and fast at that time.

It really is - and hearing all the reports from the counts where the result is close! My fave bit is as the polls close and they have the predicted result dramatically come up on screen.

I hope you are working from home on Friday!
I love the drama of the exit poll too! I can't wait for all the Portillo moments!

Thankfully I am working from home on friday! 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Emily Matlis has a cheats guide - stay up for the exit poll at 10pm and then stay up and wait for Sunderland/Newcastle as they usually declare by about 11:30pm. Then sleep til about 3am as the results will be coming in thick and fast at that time.

I love the drama of the exit poll too! I can't wait for all the Portillo moments!

Thankfully I am working from home on friday! 😅
We clearly listen to the same podcast 🙌

Reactions: 2
Normally I pull all nighters during elections. I came home from work too tired to watch the referendum results. And too heartbroken to watch the 2019 results.
Even though some big names I wanted to see lose have found the decency to run away resign.
There should be some entertainment! I don't think Sunak will lose his seat. Really gutted I missed that happen to Jo Swinson!
Also happy it's been relatively peaceful. With no tragic stabbings of candidates.
Instead just doubtful candidates thrown under buses.

Reactions: 4
It’s the first time I’m voting so I’ll probably stay up as long as I possibly can, usually I can stay up till 4am but that is with alcohol involved and there will be none this time. Mildly excited and nervous for next week

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s the first time I’m voting so I’ll probably stay up as long as I possibly can, usually I can stay up till 4am but that is with alcohol involved and there will be none this time. Mildly excited and nervous for next week

That’s so exciting to vote for the first time ❤❤ I get so excited about my cross in a box!

Reactions: 7
I remember being really depressed after the 1992 election. I’m hoping this one is going to be a good one after so many disappointments 🤣

Reactions: 1
They were talking about this on a podcast and it has been looked into a number of times apparently but yeh hacking and the fact that people wouldn’t trust the results as much were reasons for it not happening.

And could you imagine if all the Tories all lost their seats in one go on Thursday night at ten - much more fun spread out 🙈🙈 anyone else planning to stay up all night? I’m quite scared the polls are wrong
So true, I always book the day after off work to stay up 🤣

My labour candidate lives 600 miles away from the constituency. Not even trying.

Should be law that they have to live in the area to stand in it.
I don't think ours has ever seen the inside of our county. So, for the first time in a long time I'll be going against my actual political affiliations and voting for a different party which has the ability to oust the current Tory MP. (No, not Reform).

Reactions: 6
Always used it since the mid 90's. Local Election don't know exact 90's year but after 1992.
I always tell myself over the years to spoil or not bother. But I always come round and use it in the end.
Only tip is fold your ballot times six and plug into the raw human power by standing up whenever they cutaway to a live result.
Plus this time, I'll have this site! Genuine first.
Have a happy vote they can't take it from you!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Always used it since the mid 90's. Local Election don't know exact 90's year but after 1992.
I always tell myself over the years to spoil or not bother. But I always come round and use it in the end.
Only tip is fold your ballot times six and plug into the raw human power by standing up whenever they cutaway to a live result.
Plus this time, I'll have this site! Genuine first.
Have a happy vote they can't take it from you!
Yes we will have this site :). I'll probably be around this general election thread on Thursday eve / Friday morning until I fall asleep if any night owls are also staying up to watch the results.

I’m working at the count so will definitely be up until the wee hours. Usually stick the coverage on the tv when I get home until I fall asleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Omg! Same! The polls are showing he could lose to Labour 🤞🏻
Dan Norris used to hold the seat for 13 years before JRM (under one of the constituency’s old names). He’s also the Mayor of West of England. So here’s to hoping. I reckon JRM will quit politics if he loses.
I like that he’s against fox hunting