UK General Election 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wealthy people spend money, they keep the economy going, they eat out, they buy cars, book holidays, have gardeners, cleaners…. You’re very short sighted.
Works out better for the economy for 90% of the country to spend a little money, than 10% to spend a lot though

Reactions: 13
Starmer is making a complete fool of himself referring to the last 14 years. He never refers to COVID or how the Ukrainian war, let alone the unstoppable boats have all contributed towards where we are now. Silly man.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
And in those 14yrs the party has changed due to the various leaders. The party evolves depending on the leader at the time.
---
Starmer is making a complete fool of himself referring to the last 14 years. He never refers to COVID or how the Ukrainian war, let alone the unstoppable boats have all contributed towards where we are now. Silly man.
He’s offered zilch this evening. Making change but not been specific how. How is he going to find doctors, how is he finding the money to fund change.

Reactions: 3
Wealthy people spend money, they keep the economy going, they eat out, they buy cars, book holidays, have gardeners, cleaners…. You’re very short sighted.
Rishi is that you? How are you tattling and debating at the same time 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Why am I calling her Mary? It's JULIE, I got them mixed up :LOL: 🤭

*puts the gin away*

• Haha
Reactions: 15
tbf he mentioned both Covid & Ukraine

Reactions: 7
Yet all Sunak does is bang on about furlough as if he saved the country when anyone else would have done the same thing at the time

Reactions: 11
F***king furlough. Furlugh. Furlough.

What about dine out to help out ? 🤣

Reactions: 10
Sunak has the talk doesn’t he, very polished and knows the right things to say. It’s like those who breeze through job interviews but when it comes down to it are actually tit once in the job. The debate was all over the place.

Reactions: 19
I'm watching on plus one, not sure how much more I can manage. They don't have enough time to answer questions so are forced to speak over each other. It's annoying.

Reactions: 10
Amen.
His ability to understand and truly empathise with the electorate is very relevant.
I find him quite disingenuous when he talks, referring to his background etc makes me feel like he’s selling his story, his tone, I don’t find genuine, gives me the ick.

Reactions: 3
I hate that there is only the Labour and Tory leaders invited. If we are going to turn away from a two party system we need to involve the others. That includes Lib Dem’s, Greens and Reform since they seem to be fifth main party.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.