Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

princessmaire80

VIP Member
My husband is a dyed in the wool Tory and he intends to vote Reform. When I asked him why he says it’s because he likes Farage and the local Tory candidate is a wrong un (he’s right though he is. He’s been our county councillor for the last few years and he’s terrible at it so he would make an even worse MP)

Reactions: 1
My in laws too. They know full well my Dad was a refugee and they still can't stop themselves making pointed comments about small boats. They live in a tiny town where nearly everyone is white British.

My FIL was outraged that the name "Mohammed" was so popular in the UK. I pointed out that's because all Muslim boys are named Mohammed and he just went "well that goes to show how many of them there are then". I was like well no, if all redheads were named Bob you'd have an abundance of Bobs too even if there aren't many redheads. It simply did not compute.
Sorry the lack of critical thinking by your FIL made me chuckle 🤣🤣

We've never had the complete implosion of the Conservative Party (And they can't blame Witches because that was what? Doing spells to bring their collapse rather than their actual mindset and policies?!) so good!

Moth

VIP Member
I was in Crete when the result of the referendum was announced. There were hardly any English tourists in our resort so we were targeted as soon ad people heard us speak. We were constantly asked “what have you done?” All we could say was that we didn’t vote for it but it was clear that the result was not expected.
Same here, well I was in Yellowstone National Park. The Americans couldn't give a shit but there were some Dutch tourists we spoke to who couldn't believe it. Actually I had predicted a double of Brexit and Trump winning that year but sadly I didn't get a bet on.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
When Rishi inevitably fucks off to California who will head up the Cons do you think? I heard Suella Braverman on Twitter but some people I spoke with today said they think it will Penny Mourdant.

Happy Lady

VIP Member
Lots of people want kids but it’s not financially viable as both parents need to work full time and child care is so expensive. You can say if you can’t afford a kid don’t have one, but that would soon rule out the majority of working adults without ‘handouts’ like benefits etc. the way cost of living has risen. Most people can’t afford for one parent not to work but childcare costs cancel out the majority of the other parents salary.

How long ago did you have children? Was it when a household could survive on one full time income?

My "kids" were born in the 80s. I had five years off work to care for them. During that time we only had two holidays (financed by my dad), and we never ate out - it wasn't a thing in those days. If we did go out for a drink then my parents looked after the kids.

Kids toys were totally different back then. £20 would buy a huge present. A lot of clothes were hand me downs. I always made our meals - no take outs.

L3moning

VIP Member
and now they have another option which is why I believe some people who were going to vote for Labour may now switch their vote to Reform. Not that I think it will make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things.
I think some of the pre-2019 Labour vote in the Midlands will go to Reform, but probably not enough to make a difference in any seats except maybe Ashfield, which has its own reasons for being like that (mostly reasons named Jason Zadrozny).

intheindustry

VIP Member
Yes we pay tax 24hrs a day with gas, electric, fuel, clothing, food, inheritance tax etc. I’m referring to those that pay income tax.

L3moning

VIP Member
See, I think deporting foreign criminals can be, in many cases, unnecessarily cruel especially where people have come here as children and their parents/guardians failed to regularise their immigration status
That's why I said "if possible".

Happy Lady

VIP Member
This is so much better than the 45 seconds rule. Beth is allowing them to speak, and listening to the audience.