Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

pommobear

VIP Member
In London maybe. Not so sure about the rest of the UK.
---

Thank God they weren’t about when your Dad came over illegally 🤣
My Dad was a political prisoner under a dictatorship and was held and tortured for two years. When he got out of prison all his family and most of his friends had been killed except for his first wife and my half sister who were in the UK, and they had come to the UK because his first wife was an English teacher in their home country and therefore thought the UK would be a place she could find work and build a life for her child. He came to the UK to find them. His asylum claim was processed and he became a British citizen. And now he's been here for over 40 years, paying taxes, not *once* claiming benefits. He worked from the moment he got here - he was a journalist in his home country but because he couldn't speak English when he came here he ended up washing dishes in a restaurant. He learned English, he became a social worker.

You can have whatever political opinions you like but I assume something pretty awful must have happened to you considering your total lack of empathy and human compassion.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
take things like mobile phones and broadband as standard

These things ARE standard, without them you cant apply for jobs let alone benefits... just because they didnt exist in the 80s doesnt mean they arent essential let alone standard now.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

IGiveUp22

VIP Member
I’m British and yep, happy to “wave the Palestinian flag” because I’m a humanitarian first and foremost - I actually care about humans, regardless of their skin colour 🙄 racism on this thread is staggering

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
"Hi, I'm Rishi Sunak. My wife and I could give every single person in the country a million pounds each and we'd still be left with at least 900 million pounds. However, what I am going to do is fuck this country up further and devalue the NHS even more so that all my pals can buy it and then make a profit. Hurray!"

Reactions: 29

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
My Dad was a political prisoner under a dictatorship and was held and tortured for two years. When he got out of prison all his family and most of his friends had been killed except for his first wife and my half sister who were in the UK, and they had come to the UK because his first wife was an English teacher in their home country and therefore thought the UK would be a place she could find work and build a life for her child. He came to the UK to find them. His asylum claim was processed and he became a British citizen. And now he's been here for over 40 years, paying taxes, not *once* claiming benefits. He worked from the moment he got here - he was a journalist in his home country but because he couldn't speak English when he came here he ended up washing dishes in a restaurant. He learned English, he became a social worker.

You can have whatever political opinions you like but I assume something pretty awful must have happened to you considering your total lack of empathy and human compassion.
I am really sorry to hear what your dad went through, but please don’t think even for a second that you have to explain or justify your or your dad’s “Britishness”. Most of us would rather have people like your dad here than the foul racists currently wetting their knickers that a lying con man is being a lying con man again.

I think what your post shows - apart from the obvious, is that someone read it and decided that the most empathetic response was a laughing emoji. But be kind eh? 🙄
I think that tells us everything we need to know about them.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Don'tlookEthel

Just to chip in re "paying for other people's children ", children benefit society, and investing in children benefits society because children grow into adults! Those adults become doctors, builders, teachers, street cleaners, shop workers etc.
They also become tax payers!

Reactions: 26

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
weird how labour are always asked where the money is coming from, but tories never have to explain where the money from 14 years of cuts has gone

• Heart
Reactions: 24

BearOnChair

Wealthy people spend money, they keep the economy going, they eat out, they buy cars, book holidays, have gardeners, cleaners…. You’re very short sighted.
Send the bulk of their wealth off shore, avoid tax, give contracts their mates, stock up doomsday bunkers for when SHTF.
Think I understand thanks

• Heart
Reactions: 23

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I don’t like Nigel Farage but attacking politicians physically sits uncomfortably with me. I always worry that things will progress and something like acid will be used next.

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I’m not the one getting offend on here and getting upset because my Dad was a criminal 😜
I'm not offended. I feel sorry for you. You embody all the worst things about the UK and you're too stupid to even realise it. Nigel doesn't care that you're online defending him, he's not going to shag you you know. I also highly doubt you dont have criminal activity in your family. Racial hate for one.

• Heart
  • Wow

Rxt156

VIP Member
Wealthy people spend money, they keep the economy going, they eat out, they buy cars, book holidays, have gardeners, cleaners…. You’re very short sighted.
Rishi is that you? How are you tattling and debating at the same time 😄

• Haha

Lazarus

VIP Member
I'm very much against these televised broadcasts. We're becoming more like America - it's depressing, in my opinion.
The electorate are deciding who's deserving of their vote depending on their personality - these are politicians, not tv personalities. I don't care if they're sharp looking, whether they can debate without interrupting, how they 'come across'. What cares to me are the policies they're prioritising.

Reactions: 22