Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Runner1

Chatty Member
I think sunak seems defeated
I do like the way it was about them and neither sank to the level of calling the other party
Although that seems to have ended with cleverly 😐

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Falling on hard times is exactly why it’s there. It shouldn’t be there for those that can’t or won’t work and pay in to the system. You can’t go to an ATM machine and take out money if you haven’t put in. The system can’t be pound for pound but certainly people cant expect the benefit system to be a free for all.
Children don’t choose to be born so they should be a priority in terms of benefits.

Which taxes pay for benefits?

pixxyy

VIP Member
Wonder how many 2000 mentions we can get before the end, I'd make it a drinking game but i'd be blacked out lol

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Do you think that the war in Gaza is going to hold sway for people in the general election like it did in the local ones? Like George Galloway etc

pommobear

VIP Member
I'm in favour of inheritance being taxed. It should be. There's a huge amount of entitlement when it comes to inheritance IMO.

Merpedy

VIP Member
Reading the live blog for Reform’s manifesto launch is just mind boggling

What is this country and what does it stand for? What do they think young people think about this country that’s different from whatever they think Britain represents??

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I find it interesting how quite a few potential Reform voters I know are not white. Through my friend I know quite a few ex Muslims who had the flee the Middle East due to their apostasy laws and they are genuinely scared that the UK is too soft on Islamists. Also quite a few Iranian Christians who had to leave too. I’ve told them that I don’t think that Reform is a party that would support them but I don’t know if it’s a protest vote thing or they genuinely believe Reform will be a better alternative for them.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I doubt it, it's a very small building. The pharmacy fits about 3 people before you have to stand chest to chest. (I pass it every day)

ETA, no they didn't live there:
Poor man grew up in Shirley. I have the upmost sympathy for him. It’s a shit hole there. Well so is most of Southampton.

RaveChampion

Chatty Member

I'm a poltical nerd but I'm not sure even I can cope with another one
It's easy to say you'll watch them (thats what I do) but actually watching them is another matter I'll admit.
Thus far I've only caught the 1hr ITV one but if I miss this one also there's bound to be a couple more yet I reckon.
If Question Times on tonight then it's double trouble/rhetoric overload and I'll feel I've fulfilled my civic duty.

intheindustry

VIP Member
Isn't this the lady who sends her kids to private school? Shocking, posh parents at the private school gate will be voting Tory, who knew
Shock horror, I do actually know people other than school mums!

edited because family members send their kids to state schools, have friends who send to grammar.

Happy Lady

VIP Member
Looking forward to round two of Sunak v Starmer when they will be on Sky next week. At least they'll be given sufficient time to answer questions, and won't be talking over each other. 😁

bluefoot

Blimey. I wasn’t expecting the first “but the left” post to come in quite so soon. 🙄
Yeah, I deleted it tbh. It has been a thought I’ve had for a while. What if we faced the same choices today? I do think it’s obviously much much worse to think hitler was good than to think war is bad so let’s not escalate/get involved. Just to clarify