UK General Election 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
23% of 16-64 year olds in Clacton have no qualifications (8th worst in England). https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011/jul/22/education-gap-by-constituency
Also, Jaywick is the most deprived area in England. https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1816964/most-deprived-parts-of-uk-map-spt
95.3% of Clacton is white. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/6603f6bc9741c5001139dc41/Clacton-on-Sea.pdf

Nigel Farage knows exactly what he is doing.
That area had the only UKIP MP, Douglas Carswell who defected from the tories. The area overwhelmingly voted leave. He's chosen the place for himself to stand where he is most likely to have success. Fingers crossed Tendring doesn't fall for him twice.

Reactions: 2
I detest Tony Blair almost as much as Farage, but I have to admit he’s rather good here.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
And sovereignty! And absolutely no brown people manning the tills in Sainsburys.
It's so obvious that when you see those melts being interviewed on channel 4 and moaning we didn't get a "proper" brexit they fully expected all the foreigners to be shipped out of the UK the minute we left the EU.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It's so obvious that when you see those melts being interviewed on channel 4 and moaning we didn't get a "proper" brexit they fully expected all the foreigners to be shipped out of the UK the minute we left the EU.
Oh I know. Just after the Brexit vote some nasty old cow asked one of my son’s when he was going back where he came from. He was born in Archway so perhaps she meant there?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
But they still want to use the fast queue at the airport when they're going to Spain

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Starmer is a genocide apologist. That is a pretty big deal breaker for a lot of people and a justifiable one at that.
I do give up with some people though (not you - just using your post because you mentioned Starmer and Gaza). On Sunday someone responded to a good luck England type post by Starmer and they replied with something along the lines of 'I want Serbia to win. I cannot support you or a country that cheers on genocide' ... the mind boggles. Someone needs a history lesson.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I do give up with some people though (not you - just using your post because you mentioned Starmer and Gaza). On Sunday someone responded to a good luck England type post by Starmer and someone replied with something along the lines of 'I want Serbia to win. I cannot support you or a country that cheers on genocide' ... the mind boggles. Someone needs a history lesson.
I saw that and eye rolled so hard they nearly shot out the back of my head. Even when she was corrected she would admit she was wrong only in that Serbia apparently support Israel. Not, y'know, the whole Serbian genocide issue.

Lots of extremely po faced virtue signalling on this particular issue from people who have never once made a single solitary sound about other atrocities and genocides committed the world over, for years.

• Heart
But they still want to use the fast queue at the airport when they're going to Spain
I genuinely think people thought we'll leave the EU but they'll still let us use the passport controls as normal and we'll just stay in our EU homes for as long as we want. That the countries within the EU would play nice and just let us carry one.

I was in Spain just recently and a lady I was talking to who owns a property there was saying she has to apply for some sort of 5 year visa which allows her stay as long as she likes. Not unreasonable given the circumstances.

Reactions: 7
I do give up with some people though (not you - just using your post because you mentioned Starmer and Gaza). On Sunday someone responded to a good luck England type post by Starmer and they replied with something along the lines of 'I want Serbia to win. I cannot support you or a country that cheers on genocide' ... the mind boggles. Someone needs a history lesson.
Especially by then going and supporting Serbia. Did Srebrenica, Kosovo or Bosnia spring to mind.
---
I genuinely think people thought we'll leave the EU but they'll still let us use the passport controls as normal and we'll just stay in our EU homes for as long as we want. That the countries within the EU would play nice and just let us carry one.

I was in Spain just recently and a lady I was talking to who owns a property there was saying she has to apply for some sort of 5 year visa which allows her stay as long as she likes. Not unreasonable given the circumstances.
I think people did not know what they were voting for but are too proud to admit they were hoodwinked.

Reactions: 10
I think people did not know what they were voting for but are too proud to admit they were hoodwinked.
100%

I think that some people thought that Britain was so important that if we left we would get to be independent of the EU AND get all the benefits of remaining in the EU and be able to keep out EU migrants. People had the misconception we would be given anything we demanded.

Then there were others who purely saw Brexit as a way to stop immigration.... they didn't consider anything else.

Others fell for the Farage tale of the common villain. In 2016 the EU was the villain. He's moved on to immigration now.

Farage applied for a German passport the day after the Brexit referendum
And both of his children have German passports.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Because likes of Johnson, Gove, Farage and Hannan told them that we would have all the benefits (e.g. remaining in the single market) without any of the costs of membership of the EU. Absolute liars. You almost have to admire them in some ways, they perfectly understood that some people were stupid enough to actually ask to have their rights taken off them. Now the likes of Sunak and Farage are doing it again with human rights and the ECHR.

Re that vetting...

£144k pissed up the wall for no return whatsoever. Oh yes that's the bloke I'd want in charge of the UK economy. He could almost be a Tory cabinet member.

But Farage knows that his supporters will totally believe the nonsense about it being a plot by the 'political elite'.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I didn’t see the full advert but Channel 4 seem to have done a show about how AI/deep fakes can influence how people vote in elections. It’s on at the end of the month

Reactions: 3
23% of 16-64 year olds in Clacton have no qualifications (8th worst in England). https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011/jul/22/education-gap-by-constituency
Also, Jaywick is the most deprived area in England. https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1816964/most-deprived-parts-of-uk-map-spt
95.3% of Clacton is white. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/6603f6bc9741c5001139dc41/Clacton-on-Sea.pdf

Nigel Farage knows exactly what he is doing.
this makes a good point - my consituency is similar, in the top 30 for no qual and is 96.3% white. labour gets 80%+ at every general election but 51% voted leave. it's such a fascinating mindset that i don't think i'll ever be able to understand, areas systemically deprived by westminister have been successfully tricked into believing it's down to 'all the foreigners'. my cousin was out canvassing for remain (czech wife) and got a load of abuse from a brexiteer who then walked into ... a greek restaurant.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.