UK General Election 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All this focussing on Reform and Farage is time and effort that ought to be spent grilling the tories and labour about their manifesto promises and whether their plans add up. This should have been a straightforward two horse race. The supposed two main horses are getting off so lightly while everyone concentrates on hating on Farage. Maybe that's his purpose, maybe he's been paid to disrupt and distract from the main event!
Couldn't disagree more. Both Labour and to some extent the Tories have been quizzed on their manifestos and plans for the last 3 weeks. Reform published their 'contract' on Monday. It's only since then that they have actually been asked to explain their policies beyond "it's all the fault of the immigrants" and to no surprise at all they have completely fallen apart. I'm not naive enough to think that demonstrating that they are deeply unserious will be sufficient to make their supporters think twice but if Reform wants to act like a proper political party (or at least a political limited company) and not just a single issue pressure group it needs to be done.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think they've stated their aim is to win the next election.
Well I’ve stated that I’d like to win an Oscar, run off to the Bahamas with Tom Hardy and find a million quid in a suitcase in my loft. And I fancy my chances of success way more than theirs.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The more Reform and Farage appear in public attempting to play serious politics, the more unserious they reveal themselves to be.

Reform is only "good" for standing on the sidelines "criticising" the government and dreaming up a racist person's fantasy society.

When the spotlight is on them it's obvious they're just playing at this. Their "policies" don't even help the people supporting them.

Anyone who votes for them is in the same camp as people who vote for my hero Count Binface.

Reactions: 17
Farage is a dangerous fascist. He warrants scrutiny. As someone with family who escaped a fascist regime, no one, in any country, should ever be lulled into a false sense of security thinking "that wouldn't happen here". I want that man criticised and scrutinised and his actual policies examined with a fine tooth comb.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Farage is a dangerous fascist. He warrants scrutiny. As someone with family who escaped a fascist regime, no one, in any country, should ever be lulled into a false sense of security thinking "that wouldn't happen here". I want that man criticised and scrutinised and his actual policies examined with a fine tooth comb.
The thing is, the minute anyone starts scrutinising him or examining his policies it’s patently obvious that there is nothing whatsoever there apart from his disgusting racism. It’s why he throws his toys out of the pram on the rare occasions someone bothers to actually question him. Reform is just a cult of personality for the sole benefit of Farage.

Reactions: 12
Boris Johnson was and is completely unserious but many people loved him and still do. They liked him as they found him funny and therefore a good chap and voted on that basis

• Sick
Reactions: 3
The more Reform and Farage appear in public attempting to play serious politics, the more unserious they reveal themselves to be.

Reform is only "good" for standing on the sidelines "criticising" the government and dreaming up a racist person's fantasy society.

When the spotlight is on them it's obvious they're just playing at this. Their "policies" don't even help the people supporting them.

Anyone who votes for them is in the same camp as people who vote for my hero Count Binface.
I can't wait to see see Count Binface standing next to Rishi :ROFLMAO:

I'm not sure why Reform get so much publicity and credence. It's UKIP all over again. Farage was always on with the the likes of Cameron and Miliband and yet, they had no parliamentary presence apart from two Tory defectors.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I can't wait to see see Count Binface standing next to Rishi :ROFLMAO:

I'm not sure why Reform get so much publicity and credence. It's UKIP all over again. Farage was always on with the the likes of Cameron and Miliband and yet, they had no parliamentary presence apart from two Tory defectors.
The reason is that what is the serious business of politics and the fate of the country for most of us, is for tv and radio producers just another branch of their entertainment offering. They pretend that they are offering serious programming but actually it's purely a question of attracting viewers and listeners and no more serious than any other 'reality' programming. Unfortunately circus acts like Farage attract more attention than real but boring politicians.

Reactions: 7
I think they've stated their aim is to win the next election.
My Town's community FB group has growing number of posters who mention they'll vote for reform, and this is in an area that has a been a Tory safe seat for over 40 years.

I know those of us with our heads screwed on don't see them as a credible party, but many will. Before you know it, they'll have whipped up enough support under the radar, many likely older Tory voters, and they'll be a serious opposition. We need to keep track of them to stop this from happening!
---
The reason is that what is the serious business of politics and the fate of the country for most of us, is for tv and radio producers just another branch of their entertainment offering. They pretend that they are offering serious programming but actually it's purely a question of attracting viewers and listeners and no more serious than any other 'reality' programming. Unfortunately circus acts like Farage attract more attention than real but boring politicians.
All the debates are just a show for the Polititians too, it's all a game. The senior MPs are having a laugh with their safe seats, expenses, job security etc. The MPs in the swing seats, not matter which party they are on, must be shitting themselves, they'll actually need to get a proper job!

Reactions: 7
There are unfortunately a tonne of people who think Reform are a credible party because they have been brainwashed to think all their problems are caused by immigration.

Unfortunately, without wishing to generalise, whenever they are interviewed they seem to have the collective intelligence and critical thinking skills of a tube of toothpaste. Farage knows that full well as well; his manifesto is deliberately designed to appeal to thickos who want soundbites and not carefully thought put plans based on fact and logic.

Reactions: 16
My dad is one of the brainwashed. I asked him what the policies they had that he liked and he just said something about immigration. He watches a lot of Youtube and definitely has been radicalised. its sad.

The funny thing is we have american family and they are all really Trump-y. And he laughs at them.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My dad is one of the brainwashed. I asked him what the policies they had that he liked and he just said something about immigration. He watches a lot of Youtube and definitely has been radicalised. its sad.

The funny thing is we have american family and they are all really Trump-y. And he laughs at them.
My in laws too. They know full well my Dad was a refugee and they still can't stop themselves making pointed comments about small boats. They live in a tiny town where nearly everyone is white British.

My FIL was outraged that the name "Mohammed" was so popular in the UK. I pointed out that's because all Muslim boys are named Mohammed and he just went "well that goes to show how many of them there are then". I was like well no, if all redheads were named Bob you'd have an abundance of Bobs too even if there aren't many redheads. It simply did not compute.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
There are unfortunately a tonne of people who think Reform are a credible party because they have been brainwashed to think all their problems are caused by immigration.

Unfortunately, without wishing to generalise, whenever they are interviewed they seem to have the collective intelligence and critical thinking skills of a tube of toothpaste. Farage knows that full well as well; his manifesto is deliberately designed to appeal to thickos who want soundbites and not carefully thought put plans based on fact and logic.
Honestly, the fact Farage convinced a majority white town like Clacton that the root of their local problems was immigrants is really something.

Though the irony of his main opposition being a black man (in terms of who the media is giving coverage) is not lost on me.

Reactions: 4
My Town's community FB group has growing number of posters who mention they'll vote for reform, and this is in an area that has a been a Tory safe seat for over 40 years.

I know those of us with our heads screwed on don't see them as a credible party, but many will. Before you know it, they'll have whipped up enough support under the radar, many likely older Tory voters, and they'll be a serious opposition. We need to keep track of them to stop this from happening!
---

All the debates are just a show for the Polititians too, it's all a game. The senior MPs are having a laugh with their safe seats, expenses, job security etc. The MPs in the swing seats, not matter which party they are on, must be shitting themselves, they'll actually need to get a proper job!
I'm sure people are going to vote for who they want. We are a democratic nation and not a third world dictatorship thank God. My own view is there is propaganda from ALL parties. Maybe it's time for them all to produce a contract like reform has done and not just a manifesto. I don't know if either is legally binding but we should have some recourse when they all inevitably renege on their promises.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I'm sure people are going to vote for who they want. We are a democratic nation and not a third world dictatorship thank God. My own view is there is propaganda from ALL parties. Maybe it's time for them all to produce a contract like reform has done and not just a manifesto. I don't know if either is legally binding but we should have some recourse when they all inevitably renege on their promises.
Reform isn't even a party, it is a limited company.

Reactions: 8
And if you don't want a dictatorship, I'd certainly advise not voting for an alleged party with a fascist at its helm, put it that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.