UK General Election 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But *why* can't people "bring themselves" to vote Labour but they CAN bring themselves to vote Reform? Given Labour haven't been in government for 14 years, what exactly is it about them that is so heinously awful that people would rather vote for a party of white supremacists?
It the echo of the Iraq war that is my guess.

edit:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
I’d assume these Reform voters are white and probably a little bit white supremacist themselves (though suggesting they’re racist would upset them). Depending of the area, then they’ve been brought up as Tories and feel voting Labour is for ‘common’, lazy people and minorities. Voting labour would mean they are common and lazy too or could be viewed that way (the horror) by their peers. Voting Reform is much easier as it doesn’t have the baggage associated with Labour and they’re ’kind of’ Tory. Then there’s the whole dopamine thing of doing something ‘edgy’ which may end up being successful like Brexit.
Eh I don’t give a tit about upsetting Reform voters. Of course they’re bloody racists.

I also think that a lot of “working class” people won’t vote for Labour any more because they’ve bought into the nonsense about the “liberal metropolitan elite” and don’t think Labour are for them any more - so voting for Reform, who have conned them into believing that they are anti elite and for the working man kind of makes sense to them. Plus, they can blame the fact that their high streets are closing, their jobs are tit and their wages are shrinking on immigrants instead of the government.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
How the duck former investment banker Nigel Farage has managed to convince hoards of idiots he's a man of the people is utterly beyond me. The privilege drips off him.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
He (pretends to) drink pints of bitter and makes sure he’s photographed doing do. Has worn a flat cap…

• Haha
Reactions: 11
He (pretends to) drink pints of bitter and makes sure he’s photographed doing do. Has worn a flat cap…
In a nutshell. 🎯
---
This must be one of the most deranged examples of pulling the drawbridge up I’ve ever seen.
What the actual hell?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
How the duck former investment banker Nigel Farage has managed to convince hoards of idiots he's a man of the people is utterly beyond me. The privilege drips off him.
He uses the same playbook as Trump who has managed to persuade millions of Americans that an orange, pussy grabbing, narcissistic grifter is a worthy person to be their President. He “tells it as it is” i.e. he tells the racist, xenophobic ultra nationalists what they want to hear.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
What the actual hell?
This just screams "we're not islamophobic - we have rich muslim donors friends"

They were all at it!
Not shocked in the slightest.

He uses the same playbook as Trump who has managed to persuade millions of Americans that an orange, pussy grabbing, narcissistic grifter is a worthy person to be their President. He “tells it as it is” i.e. he tells the racist, xenophobic ultra nationalists what they want to hear.
🎯

Reactions: 4
I also think a lot of people think a vote for reform
Is going to magically make all non-white people disappear which isn’t true and they’re going to be largely disappointed.
I also don’t think they appreciate there is so much legal red tape regarding “remove everyone/close the borders” that’s it’s unlikely to happen also or unlikely to happen how reform are selling it anyway. Then they’ll likely give up and just do schemes which pocket money to make themselves better off.

I don’t know what the magic answer is but what they’re selling isn’t going to work if you have any understanding to the current immigration system/laws in place

Reactions: 8
They haven’t even tried to win have they? I remember 1997 and even then John Major put up a fight against Tony Blair. It’s like they actively want to loose the election.

Reactions: 8
They haven’t even tried to win have they? I remember 1997 and even then John Major put up a fight against Tony Blair. It’s like they actively want to loose the election.
Its like Ireland wanting to lose the Eurovision Song Contest in Father Ted

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I also think that a lot of “working class” people won’t vote for Labour any more because they’ve bought into the nonsense about the “liberal metropolitan elite”
I think that part is very dependent on where in the country you are.

Huh?! 🥴😩🤣🤣 this is the classic of “blame immigration for every problem”

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The difficulty of those with criminal records finding work is an issue though, as they are expected to work and not return to crime. If people won’t employ them then what can they do? There’s an argument that if immigration is reduced then employers need to look at the domestic pool more and develop people who are already here. Some businesses operating in challenging recruitment environments already employ previous criminals but admit it’s not appropriate for some roles. Some, like timpsons make a value employing those with criminal records.

• Heart
The difficulty of those with criminal records finding work is an issue though, as they are expected to work and not return to crime. If people won’t employ them then what can they do? There’s an argument that if immigration is reduced then employers need to look at the domestic pool more and develop people who are already here. Some businesses operating in challenging recruitment environments already employ previous criminals but admit it’s not appropriate for some roles. Some, like timpsons make a value employing those with criminal records.
I'm fine with paedophiles not finding work tbh. In fact I'm quite happy to swap them with refugees.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.