Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Neanderthals gonna neanderthal.

These cretins have always existed, and always will exist. Sadly they often breed the next generation of cretins too. Social media just gives them a wider and often anonymous outlet for their views. The whole retweeting of it just amplifies the whole situation, making it seem like there are more of them, but they are in the vast, vast minority. Sadly, as with most things in life, it is the negative aspects that are most remembered, rather than the positive ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

orlyb1310

VIP Member
I just think jack grealish could really do with some comforting from me right about now (wouldn't say no to most of them though) x

• Haha

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
The racist abuse is disgusting. Your team lost, so you pick on the black kids. Pathetic.

I got into an almighty row with the parental unit over the England team taking off their medals as soon as they got them. I said it was petulant and childish. The PU said otherwise, they were gutted, etc. etc. Give me a break! I'm sure Denmark would have loved to have got the chance to go to the finals and relished 2nd place. We teach kids to be good sports in the face of a loss. I remember when the Canadian Women's hockey team took off their silver medals in South Korea and there was a huge backlash against them. You lost, so suck it up. It's not like these guys don't get paid. :mad:
You could say this about any team? You’re allowed to be disappointed as an England fan or player they lost in the final even if another team would have ‘loved to do it’. It’s common in sport for the losing side to not keep their medals on this isn’t the first nor the last time it’s happened and it’s not a huge controversy in my opinion.

Feathers33

The comments some of the players are getting are so disgusting they do not deserve the hate

Lalla

VIP Member
Some of the fouls Italy committed were proper old school dirty tackles, shoves, pulls etc that you never see any more, because players started to get red carded for them, so they stopped happening. I've seen a lot worse fouls in these Euros as a whole than I have for a long time, not sure why that is?

That said, we did take a couple of dives too when there was absolutely no contact with an Italian player.

Columbo

VIP Member
what do you expect when practically all of scotland have made it their absolute mission to support any of england's opponents no matter what? fgs the scots having england's opponent's flags up is the saddest thing i've seen in a long time. it's bitterness plain and simple. why the hell would they not talk about 1966? it's the last time england won, this is the closest they've come to winning something in a long time obviously they would mention it. the pundits don't represent the entirety of england and fwiw i never heard them say they should be putting 6 or 7 past them yesterday. also unbiased tv? you live in a union why would the union not support one of its members? it makes absolutely no sense to say they should be neutral just because scotland didn't get to the final. if you supported anybody but england because you didn't want them to win then i think you're a sad git.
Sorry to point out the obvious but the “union” is probably the reason most Scots and Irish wanted Italy to win 🙈😂 English fans booed their OWN team off the pitch when they played Scotland, if they can’t support their own country’s team, why should anyone else? I personally felt the players have represented their country well but some fans, some, not all, leave a lot to be desired.

Also I won the egg and spoon race in 1991 but I don’t like to bang on about it too much 🤪😂

Last edited:
  • Haha

Clairer86

VIP Member
Disgraceful ...the English fans let down the country they need to take a leaf out of the Irish fans book they were always respectful ,win ,lose or draw #Jackiesarmy(y)
This is what i hate about some England 'fans'. The minority acting like cunts probably dont even follow football, they generally know fuck all about football, and yet every 4 years they get over excited and act like this. Its embarrassing.

• Heart

Fifah1907

VIP Member
Faaack - just popped out to kitchen for G & T top up and heard shouting.
Inevitable I'm afraid the way Italy were playing.
I mean this in the nicest way…..please park your arse on the couch and don’t move until the end of the game if you leaving means they score 😂

• Haha