UEFA EURO 2021 #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That Paul Joseph guy made me laugh with a tweet the other day regarding a kneeling politician on GB News. It was something like 'what is this melt thinking' I haven't heard the word 'melt' for a long time.

😄
Someone's in trouble.

What a twit. It's always estate agents.

Private I think but yes absolute pond life and I hope they throw away the key.
He must have his job mentioned on his social media pages or people wouldn’t have been contacting his employer. What a total melt.

I thought everyone knew not to mention their work online.

Reactions: 1
He must have his job mentioned on his social media pages or people wouldn’t have been contacting his employer. What a total melt.

I thought everyone knew not to mention their work online.
He had his full name on his Twitter name so someone searched for him on LinkedIn and posted a screenshot of his job title from that

Reactions: 2
I agree 100% with you. I think people seem to think comments like that about European stereotypes are ok, when theyre not. Probably be accused of being woke now.

What I would say is as a Scottish person when we get all the deep fried, fat, tight jokes. It is annoying but I havent received discrimination because of it. Not in the way Black people do.

Im not more likely to die in child birth or in police custody because of the colour of my skin. Not more likely to be arrested because of how I look.

So as much as I agree with what youre saying, you cant really compare them. Theyre both wrong in their own right.
This really is the best answer. Negative stereotyping is wrong and in general they aren't OK. I know that plenty of Irish people over the years have had negative stereotyping so I get where OP is coming from, but the reality is you can't compare them. Systemic racism is a far greater issue than stereotypical comments. Someone making a potato joke about me won't stop me getting a job or see me profiled as a potential criminal. Systemic racism creates a discrimination that directly impacts lives in a way that those other comments won't.

I completely support the players and their protests and it's not at all hypocritical to do so.

Reactions: 3
  • Haha
The guys who missed the penalties became heroes to Scotland footie fans who traditionally support Scotland and whoever is playing England.
Yes, there was loads of sympathy for the lads who are a credit to England. I’m Scottish and my husband is Italian, we were supporting Italy in our house but that doesn’t mean we can’t feel for the players as individuals.

Yes, there was loads of sympathy for the lads who are a credit to England. I’m Scottish and my husband is Italian, we were supporting Italy in our house but that doesn’t mean we can’t feel for the players as individuals.
I’m a Scotland fan who has travelled with the Tartan Army in the past to attend games. Can safely say we wanted an Italy win in this house!

You’d have to have a heart of stone not to have a bit of sympathy for the guys who missed the pens, though. At least Southgate knew how they felt.

• Heart
The guys who missed the penalties became heroes to Scotland footie fans who traditionally support Scotland and whoever is playing England.
Their post was a joking reference to earlier comments in this thread. There were some “interesting” exchanges of views after the final 😂