UEFA EURO 2021 #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just think jack grealish could really do with some comforting from me right about now (wouldn't say no to most of them though) x

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Was watching footage from the England/Pakistan cricket game in Nottingham. England fans, dancing, drinking, having a jolly time in among the Pakistan fans, yet England football fans = drink, fight the opposition fans and cause bedlam. Doesn't make sense.

I do think it’s easy to forget most countries have fans who behave appallingly it’s not just England. I know we are up there but I think it’s also because we see it on our media and wouldn’t see another country in the same coverage. Also easy to oversee racism from other countries like the Bulgaria (I think) fans who were doing racist gestures and racist slurs whilst in the crowd.

Reactions: 3
Probably already been said but I think football hooligan behaviour in general is down to men being conditioned to suppress emotions so they don't know how to behave in a non-disruptive and non-violent manner when extremely emotionally involved in a situation. And this is why they shame women who say they enjoy football because we're able to feel passionate about it without kicking and screaming and swearing (most of the time;)) and it makes them think we're just not arsed about it or are only casual watchers of the game.

Reactions: 4
Probably already been said but I think football hooligan behaviour in general is down to men being conditioned to suppress emotions so they don't know how to behave in a non-disruptive and non-violent manner when extremely emotionally involved in a situation. And this is why they shame women who say they enjoy football because we're able to feel passionate about it without kicking and screaming and swearing (most of the time;)) and it makes them think we're just not arsed about it or are only casual watchers of the game.
If only no other sports existed 😂

No it doesn't need to be a scoring opportunity to be a red card. If the tackle is dangerous enough to seriously injure a player, it should be a red. There was a similar challenge in the Euros, but less worse, and the Switzerland player was sent off for the challenge. The consistency is terrible. I don't think the sterling penalty was bad, it was soft, but there was contact. Running at the speed Sterling was, any little contact can put a player off balance, so it wasn't as clear cut as definitely not a penalty. I think in the Denmark game England did more than enough to win the game outright, but against Italy they didn't, so the better team won the trophy.
That poster clarified in a response to me that they were talking about Chiellini pulling back Saka not Jorginho's foul.

I do think it’s easy to forget most countries have fans who behave appallingly it’s not just England. I know we are up there but I think it’s also because we see it on our media and wouldn’t see another country in the same coverage. Also easy to oversee racism from other countries like the Bulgaria (I think) fans who were doing racist gestures and racist slurs whilst in the crowd.
Other countries have issues. But I think it's a little naïve to ignore there's a very specific English problem that mostly surrounds the type of fans who travel to away games. That the England team needs full time police to prepare for and deal with their games is a sign that there's issues. Not many other nations have to plead to have games in Prague or Amsterdam moved to a different time or day to avoid trouble. The only game in Dublin I can remember being moved to Sunday morning was against England and there was a ring fenced perimeter around the stadium where no alcohol was allowed. This extract from an article is a good example into the type of issues that come up in far too many English away trips.

> In June, children in the Portuguese city of Guimaraes were given an unexpected day off school during the UEFA Nations League tournament, but the decision had nothing to do with watching Cristiano Ronaldo play for Portugal. The children of Guimaraes were told to stay at home because England were in town or, more specifically, England football fans.

> During the two nights before the Nations League semifinal between England and the Netherlands at Estadio D. Afonso Henriques, English football supporters clashed with riot police in nearby Porto. It's just the latest chapter to the story of disorder and destruction in whichever European city is unfortunate enough to host a group of people who have become an embarrassment not only to the English Football Association, but also to the country they claim to represent.

> Outbreaks of trouble when England play abroad -- games in central and Western Europe are the biggest flash points due to ease of travel -- have become a regular occurrence. There were widespread battles with police and Russia fans in Marseille at Euro 2016. In March 2018, before a friendly against the Netherlands, bicycles were thrown into Amsterdam canals and tourists on boats were pelted with bottles from bridges as Dutch police detained over 100 English supporters following outbreaks of disorder. Twelve months earlier, in Dortmund, England fans sang about the Second World War and the Royal Air Force "shooting down German bombers" as Lukas Podolski, playing in his final international game, was jeered by the visiting contingent during a friendly against Germany.

> The latter is no big deal, perhaps, as football fans routinely jeer opposing players. But considering that the game was staged specifically as a celebration of Podolski's international career, the boorish behaviour of the England supporters stood out. But this is the vibe that comes with England away days: songs insulting the Pope, racially motivated chanting and taunts directed at the Taliban and Irish Republican Army [IRA] are often heard in the stadiums and bars of any city hosting England supporters. Songs about the players or the team? Not so much.

Now not everyone who goes to away games is a mindless thug. But there are those who are part of that group who sing those songs and are in large groups drinking who won't understand that they are intimidating to locals. It creates a powder keg atmosphere that can kickoff. I go to any tournament Ireland qualify for (AKA not many lol) and have come across the English fans at tournaments. It's a very different atmosphere to most countries. Throwing chairs, bottles etc happens way too much. This doesn't mean that Eastern European countries don't have issues as there's blatant issues with racism, sexism, homophobia etc. But one issue doesn't mean the other doesn't exist.

I think instead of saying "well other nations have problems too", English people should be more outraged at the minority who represent their country in such a terrible light. I love England and I love English people. I lived there for nearly a decade. But that type of fan gives English people a bad reputation. Sunday had so many disgraceful things happen and they are lucky that it didn't end up with tragic consequences. England of all countries should know what can happen when a badly managed stadium has more people in it than expected.

Reactions: 3
Can I make a points here? First up, this is a genuine question, I'm not trolling and generally want a real debate and to hear what people think....

I think it's hypocritical that people are talking about racism towards the BAME community here, but in the next breath are sharing memes and making jokes about Italy and boycotting pizza and pasta and Italian restaurants, and the 🤌🏼 movements the players did with their hands and how typically Italian it was? Imagine if we made assumptions and stereotypes about the BAME community, there would be an outroar. Or if I said all asians like noodles and rice, that's a little offensive, no?
That's why I feel that many of the people who seem to shout loudest about black lives mattering are pure hypocrites and generally people I've experienced being racist about for example, asians, polish and eastern europeans, the middle east and more. For me, a lot (not all, of course) of the people spouting off about BLM and racism on social media are looking for likes and band wagonry. It makes me angry though to see big pages on social media and a lot of people make jokes about Italy and that's by the by but heaven forbid anything bad is said about the black community. Just to clarify - I'm not defending the racist comments either that the footballers got on Sunday, it's absolutely disgraceful. Especially when Saka was so young and under pressure as it was.

Reactions: 2
Can I make a points here? First up, this is a genuine question, I'm not trolling and generally want a real debate and to hear what people think....

I think it's hypocritical that people are talking about racism towards the BAME community here, but in the next breath are sharing memes and making jokes about Italy and boycotting pizza and pasta and Italian restaurants, and the 🤌🏼 movements the players did with their hands and how typically Italian it was? Imagine if we made assumptions and stereotypes about the BAME community, there would be an outroar. Or if I said all asians like noodles and rice, that's a little offensive, no?
That's why I feel that many of the people who seem to shout loudest about black lives mattering are pure hypocrites and generally people I've experienced being racist about for example, asians, polish and eastern europeans, the middle east and more. For me, a lot (not all, of course) of the people spouting off about BLM and racism on social media are looking for likes and band wagonry. It makes me angry though to see big pages on social media and a lot of people make jokes about Italy and that's by the by but heaven forbid anything bad is said about the black community. Just to clarify - I'm not defending the racist comments either that the footballers got on Sunday, it's absolutely disgraceful. Especially when Saka was so young and under pressure as it was.
I agree 100% with you. I think people seem to think comments like that about European stereotypes are ok, when theyre not. Probably be accused of being woke now.

What I would say is as a Scottish person when we get all the deep fried, fat, tight jokes. It is annoying but I havent received discrimination because of it. Not in the way Black people do.

Im not more likely to die in child birth or in police custody because of the colour of my skin. Not more likely to be arrested because of how I look.

So as much as I agree with what youre saying, you cant really compare them. Theyre both wrong in their own right.

Reactions: 4
Paul Joseph Watson video so goes without saying it's got problematic undertones and elements (I'm not going to pre order Alex Jones brain supplements 😐). But I do think some good points are made. Especially if the stats are accurate and only a very small amount of the messages came from the UK and they've had wall to wall coverage. I do like that he takes pops at jack mate and Mike Graham 😆

I agree 100% with you. I think people seem to think comments like that about European stereotypes are ok, when theyre not. Probably be accused of being woke now.

What I would say is as a Scottish person when we get all the deep fried, fat, tight jokes. It is annoying but I havent received discrimination because of it. Not in the way Black people do.

Im not more likely to die in child birth or in police custody because of the colour of my skin. Not more likely to be arrested because of how I look.

So as much as I agree with what youre saying, you cant really compare them. Theyre both wrong in their own right.
I understand what you're saying and you have a good point, but they both could be seen as offensive in their own right and I guess what I'm saying is that I don't like the way one thing is seen is ok and funny but to another ethnicity is wrong and everyone is protesting and up in arms. I know the BAME community have suffered a lot of awful racism over time and I understand they are the race that's had the most racial abuse, it's the hypocrisy I don't like.

Pictures in the mail today of three police officers searching his house. I think the guy's despicable and quite rightly lost his job but could the police could be doing better things?

I know people that have had their house broken into and the police don't even attent and aren't interested in the security footage to catch them.

Reactions: 1